Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,981 of 6,404
Quote:
They're very unique in subtle ways...in short part full size headphone in terms of head stage, space, and ambiance....part speaker in terms of immediacy, PRaT, and openness...layers, separation, placement are all top notch...

I too feel Gavin did his homework matching the cables....my symbiote SE doesn't do the 1p2 justice...the stock silver suits it better...I'll try to elaborate further in due time... :wink:

I didn't like the gold cable as much on the 1Plus2 as the silver (in the end) as I like the more expansive/neutral sound the silver cable gives me over the more intimate and laid back nature of the gold cable. I get more clarity and focus on the silver cable. Just took quite a while for the drivers to settle in.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #1,983 of 6,404
Quote:

What iem does it's signature resemble? From your impressions I'm thinking GR07 with smoother but also emphasized top end. Or does it have more bass than the GR07?

I have not heard the GR07 (original version, not MK2) in a while but i would not really say this is that similar, that was much dryer. To be honest there is no IEM that i would say resembles this as it just is presented in such a different way, more like loudspeaker, forget head space, it almost is forward projecting!

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #1,984 of 6,404
Sony Hybrids works pretty nicely as well.

Oh snap, thanks for that suggestion. I have a box full of Sony hybreds from my EX600 in the closet. I'm going to give them a try when I get home from work tonight.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #1,985 of 6,404
UPDATE:
I just tried the Sony tips and they're not working for me. So far the Comply's seem to be the better match for my ears. Those V-MODA tips can't get here fast enough.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #1,986 of 6,404
OK guys I just went to the extreme, I've thrown on some Meelectronics tri flanges and holy crap what a difference in sound signature. Now they're sounding like bass heavy IEM's with a reduced sound stage lmao. I think I'll go back to the Complys

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #1,987 of 6,404
OK guys I just went to the extreme, I've thrown on some Meelectronics tri flanges and holy crap what a difference in sound signature. Now they're sounding like bass heavy IEM's with a reduced sound stage lmao. I think I'll go back to the Complys

Thanks for your updates.

How do you feel the comply sound though? When I use them with my IEMs, they muffle the sound too much for my liking

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #1,988 of 6,404
Quote:
Thanks for your updates.

How do you feel the comply same do though? When I use them with my IEMs, they muffle the sound too much for my liking

I've heard that complaint before, I don't know what to tell you about the muffled mids. For me if I roll the tips between my fingers before insertion and carefully guide them into my canals I find the music sounds just fine. If I just jam them in without rolling them getting a proper fit becomes one huge pain in the arse and the music does sound muffled. As far as the Comply's with the 1Plus2, I'm finding I have to be a little extra careful guiding them in with the Complys due to the IEM's housing being so huge next to my other IEM's like the W4, K2sp, or EX600, I use Complys on all those IEM's. I have to give them an extra little push to get the seal just right but once they're in I can forget about them.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe fit is the reason why me and SwimSunny are getting such different impressions. Seriously, the bass is powerful and full but it's balanced compared to the wrest of the sig and I'm hearing no U shape to these whatsoever. The mids are a bit on the dry side so I can understand when SwimSunny says he wishes they had a little more weight behind them. I'm pretty sure I have a good seal though, the bass sounds nice deep and full, vocals sound bang on and sweet, guitars crunch away, snare drums snap the way they're supposed to snap and cymbals crash without sounding tizzy and harsh. It's an overall nice sound signature,

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,989 of 6,404
Hey DF,

So far i have only tried these with the included ortofon tips and some Comply and i really was not impressed with the Comply sound. Not because it muffles the sound like is sometimes reported as i like you spend time make sure they are rolled nicely before insertion but i just felt they took  bit of the nice sizzle from the treble. I do however think there is more mid-bass boost with the ortofon by a small margin and they also deliver with more power. When i say they have a u shape i am not talking an extreme one like the TF10 for example (not that it is too extreme either but a lot more than this). I just do not want to say this is neutral because it is clear that both the bass and treble are boosted. The overall sound is quite balanced though, the reason balanced has always been associated with U and V shapes like in ClieOSs rankings. but yes i would think tips are causing the differences!

Also, come one mate, spell my name correctly hehehh :wink:

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #1,990 of 6,404
Quote:
Hey DF,

So far i have only tried these with the included ortofon tips and some Comply and i really was not impressed with the Comply sound. Not because it muffles the sound like is sometimes reported as i like you spend time make sure they are rolled nicely before insertion but i just felt they took  bit of the nice sizzle from the treble. I do however think there is more mid-bass boost with the ortofon by a small margin and they also deliver with more power. When i say they have a u shape i am not talking an extreme one like the TF10 for example (not that it is too extreme either but a lot more than this). I just do not want to say this is neutral because it is clear that both the bass and treble are boosted. The overall sound is quite balanced though, the reason balanced has always been associated with U and V shapes like in ClieOSs rankings. but yes i would think tips are causing the differences!

Also, come one mate, spell my name correctly hehehh :wink:

I just don't hear the mids as being recessed though. The Flat 4 Sui is more along those lines :). Could also be due to our different gear. But on the 3rd ANV and the Triad L3 I don't have any recession in the mids.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #1,991 of 6,404
DF, do you have any TS500 Comply's? I picked some up on a whim during the 30% off sale and have to say I've really been liking them on the 4.Ai's. Also, there's the memory foam ones I linked to earlier, they sound quite different from the Comply's, closer to a silicone based tip IMO.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #1,993 of 6,404
What IEM was it? Both Fit ear And Tralucent are quite large IEMs. I agree though the Fit Ear has really good fit. Almost custom like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back