Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #2,641 of 10,312
Custom products are not the same as going to the mall and getting one off the shelf.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #2,642 of 10,312
Quote:
+1 i agree..can u imagine that the new amp i am going to order in may has a 18 weeks waiting time? That puts the waiting time for franks cables in another light..
wink.gif

That mean i can send your cable in another 18 weeks, you don't need a balanced cables, if you can't use it till you get the amp. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #2,643 of 10,312
Have not visited this thread in awhile and WOW the things that have happened here in this thread over the past 2 weeks. I just wanted to post my impressions on the toxic cables and my experience with frank. I first got to know about toxic cables when i was shopping for a new replacement cable for my jh13s, at that time (2012 june if my memory serves me correctly), frank was launching his line of IEM cables and the prototypes of the cables were being sent to the senior head fi members such as Staal for review, also enticing me to part with my money was the very reasonable pre order price for the silver poison cable. I decided to pull the trigger on one of them and 2 months later, they arrived. On first impressions, the cables were well built, attention was paid to every detail, the braiding was beautiful (I will get to the sound later). I was enjoying my cable until December last year when disaster struck, the left channel of the cable stopped working. However, this was not franks fault as I live in a country (Aka Singapore, and no its not in China) where we have the HOT and HUMID tropical weather 365 days a year, the weather here is like being in a sauna and it makes you sweat alot. To cut to the chase, my sweat corroded the connecting pins on the IEM cable so much that an electical signal could not pass through it. As such i sent my cables in for repair early Janruary and got them back in February (i also ordered a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable). When i got the cable back from repair, all that i could say was that the repair job done was fantastic, it looked brand new, it was worth the wait. Toxic cables is a brand that i would hold on even grounds if not higher than the big cable companies such as ALO ( have 2 spoilt IEM cables from them as their IEM connecting pin overmould was done really badly, both died after 2 weeks). Frank has also been really polite and very straight to the point in his answering of my emails and i am a very tough customer (he can testify to that haha), nevertheless thank you Frank and a job well done, i am happy.
biggrin.gif

Now for the sound, the important bit. I do believe that cables do make a difference in sound, i wont call the difference huge but it does improve on the sound quite a bit if you have a good set up. Owners of the JH13/16 line will know that on the stock cable, these IEMs are aggressive and are can easily fatigue the listener, Frank's silver poison smoothens out the presentation, making it more 3D like at the same time reducing the harshness of the JH13 while maintaining the good attack that it has, the decay is also improved slightly. Surprisingly for a silver cable, the bass is not compromised, the bass quantity remains roughly the same but it seems that the jh13 is now able to hit the lower bass tones with less effort. The midrange is clean, slightly forward, vocal sibilance is reduced. Treble is very good, with cymbals having nice much more airy presentation to them, high hats sound really realistic. Clarity is overall improved and micro details are indeed brought more foward. All i can say is that the wait was worth it. Frank has one really good cable :DDDDDDDDDD

Here's some pictures, the biohazard artwork on the IEM really suits the toxic cables :D

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2,644 of 10,312
Thanks iamdacow! Back to normal in Toxic land.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #2,645 of 10,312
Quote:
That mean i can send your cable in another 18 weeks, you don't need a balanced cables, if you can't use it till you get the amp. 
biggrin.gif

U think ur a smart ass huh?.
frown.gif
. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using a short (toxic?) adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits...
wink.gif
 but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also..
biggrin.gif
 U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #2,646 of 10,312
Quote:
Well, if its any consolation, I've been waiting 4 months for my cables. I don't mind the wait, because I know Frank will not disappoint.

I really appreciate the wait and your patience, not a single email asking about the order since you ordered, now that's what i call patience. 
biggrin.gif

I was going to ship your cables today, but i wanted to hold on to them for some pictures. I will ship them over the pond on Monday, hope you don't mind. Here are a couple pictures of both your Silver Widows.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,647 of 10,312
Most of us are patient as we know ur cables sound heavenly frank..okay i admit..i sometimes ask u things..but only because i am a curious person and not a stalker..lolz

and mr!!.are u not supposed to lay next to ur wife and counting sheep at this time? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,648 of 10,312
Quote:
U think ur a smart ass huh?.
frown.gif
. No way gozeee..in the meantime i will be using an adapter to use the 8 wire black widow beauty with my also perfect amp, my 337..as i really want that cable..it will sound heavenly..am sure..so if u dont want ur tires blown up..oops...breath in...breath out..think of fluffy rabits...
wink.gif
 but..no need to rush it for end of this month..1st week of april is fine also..
biggrin.gif
 U see am reasonable man..well..most of thetimes..and why am i still awake at 6am on friday and working??? Can someone hit me on the head? Pls!! Heeellllp..
biggrin.gif

End of this month, i believe i told you 6 weeks less then a week ago, cheeky sod. 
biggrin.gif

Honestly, i am trying my best to get out all the cables as soon as i possibly can, i am not delaying orders intentionally.

Everyone who has emailed or messaged me in the last couple days, i will reply to you guys tomorrow.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #2,649 of 10,312
I'm speechless Frank, those cables are absolutely GORGEOUS! Surely it was worth the wait.

Cannot wait to plug them in. 
atsmile.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #2,651 of 10,312
Wow..am speechless..8 wire huh? Mmmmmm..oops..Dont worry i can wait...6 weeks huh? Hope i will get them before the london meet..lolz.

When u have the time frank...can u pm me with the pricing for the balanced connectors and a short adapter cable..that short!! adapter doesnt need to be 8 wire black widow wire..or have top of the line connectors...its a temperarely solution..so a basic copper scorpion wire will do also..thanks!!

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,652 of 10,312
Quote:
I'm speechless Frank, those cables are absolutely GORGEOUS! Surely it was worth the wait.

Cannot wait to plug them in. 
atsmile.gif

Thank you, i am glad you like them, they look even better in person. Once you get them, just leave music running through them, overnight for a few days, just using your iPod, and they will sound even better, although they already sound great.

I have just the jacks left to put on some of the cables, so should get these done. I will try take a group photo of the one's i did not send today, sometime over the weekend.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #2,653 of 10,312
Thank you also for your patience, it's hard to believe how patient you guys are.

Here's some pics of your 8 wire Widow i believe.

Wow! :D You were right when you told me this cable is going to be awesome.... Words fail me!

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #2,654 of 10,312
Yet again Frank leaves us speechless with the quality of his craftsmanship! 
Whats a Gozee Hifimanrookie??? LOL Apart from apparently Frank is one! 

See now Im feeling impatient and want to see some sexy pictures of my cable and adaptor.... 
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #2,655 of 10,312
thats a great looking cable frank. im sure the sound will be good. 
do you have any plans to make 8 wire silver widow and black widow hybrid? im really curious on how it sounds since the silver poison and scorpion hybrid sounds really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back