Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2,611 of 10,312
Add me to another unhappy customer list.

I've been lurking for a good few years at head-fi and it has vastly helped with my audio choice.As a result of such consistent praise I decided to place an order with Frank.(07/11/12)

That was 17 weeks ago. Over 4 months..

Frank give me the usual lead time of 6-7 weeks.

I contacted him on week 9 ,only to be told "The estimate was 7 weeks,  it has been a little over 3 weeks, not, so you still have about 4 weeks left till they would be ready." Obviously he had got mixed up with the dates and so I corrected him.

And he stated "Oop's, sorry shiver, i am running really behind, your cable is expected to be made in the next batch which i start this weekend, it's a batch of 115 cables and will be ready in about 2 weeks." 03/01/13

Of course the order was never sent.

Now I contacted Frank in February and was assured "The cables are expected to ship Friday, if not then the very latest will be on Monday, so you should have then next Tuesday/Wednesday, if i remember, i will upgrade your shipping to next day." 25/02/13

Again I contacted Frank.And again Frank assured me the cable would be sent at Thursday special delivery at the latest and yes, he would email the tracking number.(05/03/13)
As you can probably guess no tracking, no email, and no order.

My emails asking for confirmation and details have not been replied too.Frank is now ignoring my emails.

Now every single time It's been me the paying customer who's had to chase frank up only to be met when questioned with vague responses of "I'm sorry or I'm running behind". And every single date he has promised has been broken.Now I expect delays when ordering custom made things but the situation is now farcical, if I hadn't already paid multiple hundreds of pounds I would be laughing.

I will also leave you with this message when he assumed I was someone else,(a well regarded regular poster on this thread):

"Is that "forum members name removed", sorry dude, i did not even realise it was you. I am running slightly behind, i will express the cables to you tomorrow, they will be with you on Friday, same as if i had posted them Monday via normal FedEx. As yours will be going out before others, would you mind waiting till next Wednesday or so before posting anything on the Appreciation thread." 05/03/13

So Frank's buddys get there cables before there's first whilst the rest of us sit in limbo.Sort it out Frank.

I've written this so future people looking at ordering cables from Frank may be informed before committing to use his services.

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #2,612 of 10,312
Quote:
Sorry but I agree with a lot of then angry guys. I definitely decided not to to go with toxic because of the wait times. IMO frank shouldn't be taking any new orders. You can make the argument he needs to make a living but I think its irresponsible and a poor business decision to be accepting new orders when some people have still been waiting 2+ months for their product. He should also update the information on all his sites to reflect the wait times if he doesn't want to stop taking orders. You can argue again that he's busy bit editing a few words on a websites should take no more than a few minutes.

Just for ur info..i ordered a cable from dhc last year and i also waited almost 2 months to get it...and other POPULAR cable makers have same problems..its almost not dont to have cables on stock as every cable needs different connectors..or u have to go to a more inferior quality cable..as the financial risk and burden is lower then for the seller..imho ofcourse..
as u all know i am a very active admiror f the toxic cables brand..i defend it with my name...as i believe in te product and frank himself..he is trustworthy..yes..communication can be better lately..am waiting for an answer also and am waiting for a special cable also since beginning of febr..... Completely balanced ...as i am going to have a very special one of a kind high end custom made Blue Circle dac/amp..(expected waiting time 18 weeks!!..so 8 weeks for a cable is completely acceptable!) But am patient..the first cable that i already have from him sounds better then any copper cable i ever heard until now for my he500....pls..i ask u...prove me wrong..!!!!
biggrin.gif

i have frank high in my respect..andfrom my business point of view i would advice to update his site and stop accepting orders from ebay until he comes on top...or get more help for the time being....am sure he will find a way to have every customer being satisfied..the hundreds who already got their cables all state that they love the cable they got..everyone!!!! And that it was worth the wait..problem is that people read this and hear this and also want a toxic cable..creating a bit of a challenge for frank..am sure all will turn out fine..frank makes out of this world sounding cables and he doesnt want to cut corners on quality..thats the reason why u have to wait so long for ur cables and lately on ur mails...pls be patient guys..we all want frank to be successfull as we love his cables..

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #2,613 of 10,312
Quote:
Add me to another unhappy customer list.

I've been lurking for a good few years at head-fi and it has vastly helped with my audio choice.As a result of such consistent praise I decided to place an order with Frank.(07/11/12)

That was 17 weeks ago. Over 4 months..

Frank give me the usual lead time of 6-7 weeks.

I contacted him on week 9 ,only to be told "The estimate was 7 weeks,  it has been a little over 3 weeks, not, so you still have about 4 weeks left till they would be ready." Obviously he had got mixed up with the dates and so I corrected him.

And he stated "Oop's, sorry shiver, i am running really behind, your cable is expected to be made in the next batch which i start this weekend, it's a batch of 115 cables and will be ready in about 2 weeks." 03/01/13

Now I contacted Frank in February and was assured "The cables are expected to ship Friday, if not then the very latest will be on Monday, so you should have then next Tuesday/Wednesday, if i remember, i will upgrade your shipping to next day." 25/02/13

Again I contacted Frank.And again Frank assured me the cable would be sent at Thursday special delivery at the latest and yes, he would email the tracking number.(05/03/13)
As you can probably guess no tracking, no email, and no order.

My emails asking for confirmation and details have not been replied too.Frank is now ignoring my emails.

Now every single time It's been me the paying customer who's had to chase frank up only to be met when questioned with vague responses of "I'm sorry or I'm running behind". And every single date he has promised has been broken.Now I expect delays when ordering custom made things but the situation is now farcical, if I hadn't already paid multiple hundreds of pounds I would be laughing.

I will also leave you with this message when he assumed I was someone else,(a well regarded regular poster on this thread):

"Is that "forum members name removed", sorry dude, i did not even realise it was you. I am running slightly behind, i will express the cables to you tomorrow, they will be with you on Friday, same as if i had posted them Monday via normal FedEx. As yours will be going out before others, would you mind waiting till next Wednesday or so before posting anything on the Appreciation thread." 05/03/13

So Frank's buddys get there cables before there's first whilst the rest of us sit in limbo.Sort it out Frank.

I've written this so future people looking at ordering cables from Frank may be informed before committing to use his services.

Well..sorry for bursting ur bubble..but being as one of his buddy's ( sorry but i really dont know what u consider his buddy..so i suppose i am one)..i too have to wait the whole mile!!! I also dont know why lately he is a bit late with replying/delivering..for sure he has a reason for it..so pls..keep ur advises for FUTURE customers in front of u..but i agree info can be better from frank lately..

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #2,614 of 10,312
Mar 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,615 of 10,312
Why is it that only posters with only a few posts are the most negative ones..so weird! Sorry but its not firsttime i see this..also on otherthreads i see this happening..thrashing brands out of nowhere..as if they are 'paid' by competitors to disgrace the good name of the brand they thrash..its easy to order a product knowing it has long delivery date and then bashing about it..i even know in certain markets parties are paid ( in money or products) to do that with competitive brands...hope the ones on this thread are for real..if ur not happy..cancel the order and order with dhc or something..but trust me..due time is long there also....

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #2,616 of 10,312
I recently posted for my first time on this thread expressing my discontent about communication...a valid concern it would seem to me....don't need to hear from some rabid fanboy apologist casting aspersions on a legitimate opinion....the trashing of the brand is caused by late deliveries and either no or incorrect communication....
Quote:
Why is it that only posters with only a few posts are the most negative ones..so weird! Sorry but its not firsttime i see this..also on otherthreads i see this happening..thrashing brands out of nowhere..as if they are 'paid' by competitors to disgrace the good name of the brand they thrash..its easy to order a product knowing it has long delivery date and then bashing about it..i even know in certain markets parties are paid ( in money or products) to do that with competitive brands...hope the ones on this thread are for real..if ur not happy..cancel the order and order with dhc or something..but trust me..due time is long there also....

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #2,617 of 10,312
Im with Hifimanrookie here, I wouldnt call myself one of Franks friends as Ive only dealt with him once officially last year.
But those of us who speak to Frank more and respect him have to wait just as long as anyone else.
And we wait patiently because we know that one, He works on his own, Two, If you want quality then you cant rush these things, Three, We dont know what goes on in his personal life, I mean we all deserve to have a life out of work do we not? 
All you have to do is read this thread to see he puts quality before anything else, That he works really hard and is doing his best to catch up on orders.

However if Frank did consider me a friend I would be honoured :)

And if any of you think he's slow in replying, Well I would take a wild guess and say he's working all hours god gives making cables!

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,620 of 10,312
Probably would be a good thing if he didn't accept payment until the cable ships....people would at least know when they ship that way!  I do DIY cables myself, so I know how much time it takes to do a good job, so I sympathize on that point.  Good cables and wire yes, but he may have dug a hole that he will have a tough time getting out of, accepting so many orders.  Response to his customers should come first, that response takes time from the build!  Just my two cents, glad it's not me!

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,621 of 10,312
Quote:
Probably would be a good thing if he didn't accept payment until the cable ships....people would at least know when they ship that way!  I do DIY cables myself, so I know how much time it takes to do a good job, so I sympathize on that point.  Good cables and wire yes, but he may have dug a hole that he will have a tough time getting out of, accepting so many orders.  Response to his customers should come first, that response takes time from the build!  Just my two cents, glad it's not me!

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,622 of 10,312
Quote:
I recently posted for my first time on this thread expressing my discontent about communication...a valid concern it would seem to me....don't need to hear from some rabid fanboy apologist casting aspersions on a legitimate opinion....the trashing of the brand is caused by late deliveries and either no or incorrect communication....

Rabid fanboy? Excuse me!!!am nota fanboy and never will be..i always try to get the best for my buck..and lately for cables..toxic is the best!!!! If someone does better for the price..well..i went from dhc to toxic..who knows what i do next!! So pls..stop insulting my intelligence and urs.

I am the same way on all the other threads i am on...about other brands i own..so pls..use non offensive talk!.i say what i think..and trust me..i had a few discusions on threads with NEW posters who were bashing around..and surprise surprise..two of them were banned from headfi!!!!! So what i say is from experience..ofcourse some are honest members..i am sure u are..but still..acting like ur a good samaritan in warning?? new customers by bashing ones good name is absurd and in my opinion doesnt help anyone..we all know we have to wait..and yeah..that can cause irritation..but calling him dishonest or one even compared him with fraudeless business doing..come one! in real business life u can be taken to court for those kind of insuations..thats not honesty or helpfull..as u wont win anything with that..no one will..as its a lie..we all know that!!! So if u do have problems..real problems..take it up with the administrators of headfi!!! They dont allow fraudelous companies or members.and they are very active and keen on that!! i know that personally from own experience...so pls..even if ur not a happy camper..keep it civil..dont call people names or insinuate things u cant prove...thanks..

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #2,623 of 10,312
Mar 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #2,625 of 10,312
Quote:

Allthough i respect this sugestion..i think it would be better just stop with accepting orders until he is on top again..but hey..am not frank..am sure he knows best...good luck frank!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back