Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #2,596 of 10,312
Just ordered an 8-wire hybrid IEM cable for my UM miracles. I must say that Frank is certainly very professional. He responded very quickly to all of my emails and gave me many options for the cable. I ended up going for a black and white coloured one. £300 for a 60" hybrid cable of that quality is quite a good deal. I will certainly turn to Frank next time when I need another cable. Can't wait until it comes!

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #2,597 of 10,312
Got my Silver Poison from another member in the F/S section. The branding reminds me of my Timberland shoes. Solidly built, took me a while to take apart the connector to install my own banana plugs 

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,598 of 10,312
end of the week is almost near so i am awaiting a email from Frank that my IE80 cable is ready for shipping
Frank ? :D

EDIT : I was wrong in the date. it will be next week . haha my bad.

Mar 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2,599 of 10,312
Been really enjoying the amp, I've had just about enough listening time now to start writing the review this weekend. Thanks so much for making this happen Frank, the amp is just astounding.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #2,600 of 10,312
Quote:
I always wondered if all 4 silver makes a difference than silver for signal and copper for ground.. Any answers? as the cost of making a pure silver is a lot.

I actually see some sellers do it the other way around, such as silver plated occ for ground, and regular occ for signal.

Strange eh?

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #2,601 of 10,312
Hi all,

I just thought I would share my experience ordering a cable from Toxic. Ive paid for my cable 20/11, information on the website was and still is clearly misleading. Avalailabilty 19...  Of course I thought there are 19 cables of this type in stock. Well it wasnt. And still isnt. My order is still "pending" and the seller gave me twice wrong information about how long it would take him to make and send this cable.

Now, I understand this product is of very good quality, but behaving thus with the customers.. The whole thing looks like a ponzi scheme to me now. Seller makes good product at 0 margin, collects loads of orders and then disapears.  
I hope Im wrong, in either case, be prepared for huge delay and dont trust to what he says to you when the cable would be sent. Maye it will. Maybe it wont.
Myself, I asked for my money back - cant imagine enjoying the product after such treatment.

Mar 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #2,602 of 10,312
Quote:
Hi all,

I just thought I would share my experience ordering a cable from Toxic. Ive paid for my cable 20/11, information on the website was and still is clearly misleading. Avalailabilty 19...  Of course I thought there are 19 cables of this type in stock. Well it wasnt. And still isnt. My order is still "pending" and the seller gave me twice wrong information about how long it would take him to make and send this cable.

Now, I understand this product is of very good quality, but behaving thus with the customers.. The whole thing looks like a ponzi scheme to me now. Seller makes good product at 0 margin, collects loads of orders and then disapears.  
I hope Im wrong, in either case, be prepared for huge delay and dont trust to what he says to you when the cable would be sent. Maye it will. Maybe it wont.
Myself, I asked for my money back - cant imagine enjoying the product after such treatment.

Frank doesn't disappear. The first Toxic Cable I ordered came to me within 5 weeks, was and is still a great cable. Frank is a real manufacturer who tries to do his best. Problem is, if you are a one-man (or one man with som help) company, then nobody can jump in if you are sick or having other problems in life. This fall and winter, Frank got a HUGE load of orders (probably accepted to many...) and this too had its effect... Frank has apologized many times for this. As far as I know, he is currently trying to send out a batch of 150 cables as fast as possible. Frank knows that people are frustrated or even angry (as you are) now, I don't think he wants to become known as the cable-guy who always delivers late.
Oh, and by the way, I too am waiting for an awesome cable. And I agree that he should change something about his website as soon as possible, not everyone knows that it's best to contact him directly.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #2,603 of 10,312
I am sorry butvk, but having to wait a vey long time for a cable and pay for it upfront is almost the opposite of a Ponzi scheme. In a Ponzi scheme  investors get a return from their own money or the money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from profit earned by the organization running the operation. To attract new customers, investors are offered a SHORT TERM abnormal high return. The first difference is you invest money and get a tanglible product in return. Hence, the 'one running the organization'  actually has to create something. Hence, you do not get a return of your own and others' money. Two, because you have to wait for a long time it is not attractive to invest money. Hence, a Ponzi scheme would have collapsed because there are not enough investors and therefore, the organization cannot pay out abnormal high returns because they do not have enough money to do so. 

Having said that, I can understand your reservations. In a sense Frank's success in creating high quality cables for a decent price can also create this downfall. At some point entrepreneurs like Frank have to understand that they need help. Frank is not a manager, but a designer and developer of cables. Maybe, he can use support from somebody who can deal with the administrative tasks of planning, basic communication, website maintenance and logistics. That will free up some time for Frank to design cables, reduce the delivery time, and attracts more customers.  

After all, Adam Smith is right: through division of labour you create a qualitative increase in productivity. Workers who have to concentrate on their single subtasks gain greater skill and greater productivity on their particular subtasks, which also increases overall productivity. Frank will hopefully get to this stage. For now, be assured, it is not a Ponzi scheme, Frank will not run away with your money, and you will get your high quality cable for a decent price. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #2,604 of 10,312
Sorry, I didnt word it right. What looked similar to me was that Ponzi scheme is also based on positive feedback of the first "customers" - those who got huge returns on their investments. Only with this positive feedback it can really become ponzi scheme. As I said, I hope I am wrong, but then again.. the website is misleading and seller was giving wrong information to me. Even if he is one man show, and speficially becasue he is a one man show he should be honest and direct in communication.

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #2,605 of 10,312
Sometimes you have to wait for the good stuff. I am waiting for an amp and some CIEM's....8-12 weeks That is how it works with small custom shops vs the big companies.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #2,607 of 10,312
Sorry but I agree with a lot of then angry guys. I definitely decided not to to go with toxic because of the wait times. IMO frank shouldn't be taking any new orders. You can make the argument he needs to make a living but I think its irresponsible and a poor business decision to be accepting new orders when some people have still been waiting 2+ months for their product. He should also update the information on all his sites to reflect the wait times if he doesn't want to stop taking orders. You can argue again that he's busy bit editing a few words on a websites should take no more than a few minutes.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #2,608 of 10,312
Quote:
Sometimes you have to wait for the good stuff. I am waiting for an amp and some CIEM's....8-12 weeks That is how it works with small custom shops vs the big companies.

Yep this, I myself am waiting on a balanced cable for my HD25's, an adaptor and a Boomslang DB2 ( on loan from Frank. )
Yes the wait is quite a large one, But coming from someone with a low income and thus is VERY carefull with his money, I can vouch this is no 'Ponzi scheme'
Frank works very hard every day trying to get on top of all the back orders.

All you need to do is read through this thread properly to see Frank is no idiot and works hard to keep his customers happy.

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #2,609 of 10,312
Quote:
Been really enjoying the amp, I've had just about enough listening time now to start writing the review this weekend. Thanks so much for making this happen Frank, the amp is just astounding.

Which amp dude?

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #2,610 of 10,312
Quote:
I actually see some sellers do it the other way around, such as silver plated occ for ground, and regular occ for signal.

Strange eh?

Could you tell us what cable sellers build their cables the way you describe?  That makes no sense at all. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back