Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #2,701 of 12,550
That's probably it. I come back after a week, and barely any new stuff. Head-fiers are a studious bunch, dontcha know?

@panther - maybe I missed it, but did you get any headway on that avatar?
Nope, the guy decided to bail on us... :frowning2:

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #2,702 of 12,550
Quote:
Nope, the guy decided to bail on us...
frown.gif

No idea what you're talking about, but sounds like something I should be angry about so hmph 
mad.gif

What are you talking about though?

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #2,703 of 12,550
Someone told me to make them an avatar, so I did, but he never responded or used it... :mad:

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #2,704 of 12,550
It could possibly be due to a sudden and privately held reason. You're rising, so don't let it stand in the way of your success. In fact, become so focused and so good, he'll wanna PAY YOU! 
wink_face.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #2,705 of 12,550
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2,707 of 12,550
Quote:
@warren, I'm sorry I haven't asked about you, although you have been in my mind. Hope you get well soon, since not able to indukge in coffeh goodness is suffering! D:

LOL, s'okay.  I know you were asking about me in your heart. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Wow! Glad you made it through the weather Warren!!!

Originally Posted by Achmedisdead /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy crap, over 106°F? That's a close call...I was up to 103.5 when I had pneumonia a few years back, along with withdrawal symptoms from many bad habits, and it was hell. So I am glad you are pulling through.

Originally Posted by Cakensaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Get well soon warren!

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope you get yourself right, soon!
beerchug.gif

Originally Posted by WiR3D /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WARREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

omg 
size]
 get well soon! I knew something was wrong......

But not to steal the attention, I really hope you get better, I kinda need my partner in crime :)

Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad to see you back. I figured something had to be up, though I was thinking it was that you were busy with something. I guess being slammed with a rogues gallery of illnesses would definitely take a person offline for a while.  Hope you continue getting better.

Originally Posted by Leveler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
best wishes for Warren's health 
L3000.gif

Originally Posted by MrViolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hope you get better soon!

Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He's as sick as a dog...
frown.gif
Get well soon Warren!
redface.gif

Thanks so much guys!  It sure helped me pull through it more quickly knowing you guys were rootin' for me! 
smile.gif
  I would say I'm probably at about 90% now.

The only thing messing me up these days is catching up on three weeks worth of missed work.

Quote:
I knew you indulged in cafe...but 
eek.gif
 smokes?! That's complicating your well-being.

Oh and if you ever wanted to quit smoking - congrats. Otherwise - your gonna enjoy that smoke I'm guessing.

Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you planning on continuing smoking and drinking coffee after this ordeal? Sounds like a good time to just kick the habit since you were forced to. Down the road you'll appreciate it for sure (less health issues like the ones you are having now....). I figured since you already went through the withdrawals symptoms the worst part is past or is almost over by now :). Hope you get better soon. I know what it is like to be sick as a dog. I remember having Mononucleosis in High school. That sucked ass big time.... I was sick for well over a month. Probably 2 months. No energy. Lost a bunch of weight. On top of the got pink eye in both eyes... Woke up one day with it in one eye. The next day the other..... The doctors appointments to get my throat cut so they could drain the fluids was both painful and nasty. I remember the lady using this razor blade to make the incisions and used this tube to suck out all the blood....

I also remember having a flue where I couldn't hold anything down at all. Not even water. I had to be hospitalized. If not I'd have died of dehydration. I had to be nourished via IV for a couple days before I could go home. I remember I was the first in the emergency room and then all of a sudden they got slammed. A bunch of others came in with the same symptoms. The sound of hearing a  bunch of people Ralph is not pretty....

Yeah, smoking was just something I picked up in college.  Well, it's pretty much over now.  And I've gotten over the worst of the withdrawal symptoms, so it's a much easier road to staying in a quit state.  The funny thing here is that I had no intention of quitting at this time.  Life just kind of made that decision for me.  However, I am thinking about picking up a nice pipe, something I've been meaning to do for a while actually.  I know there are a bunch of Pipe-Fiers here, and I've been picking their brains on what to get.

Coffee however is brain juice.  I really do function better with it than without it.

Quote:
that reminds me... we have no1 who can make avatars? 

Doc Holliday is AWOL

As a side effect this is the month of we badly need good photoshoppers

warren. where are you. I need your skills >:0

:) thread's alive again... but until warren gets back I can't change the pic ):

Ah... I see why it's dead now... mostly need a splurge pictures and the picture editors here ): and it usually happens right before/beginning of the month. Looks like the lively time for the thread has passed... time to await the time when Warren will get better and the beginning of the next cycle!

Wait, so both Doc and I went walkabout this month?  Sorry I wasn't around for this month guys.  BTW, anyone/everyone is welcome to use my avatar if they want.

Quote:
1:51AM project due in 5 hours, 14 cups of coffee, 1 energy drink, a box of delicious cookies, and some rusks. I'm totally good. But I think I broke something in my mind. note to self - destroy Titanium studio in fart cannon fire and pixie vomit, with an axe.

Um, wut? 
confused.gif

Quote:
Oh great I made it seem like were a bunch of nut jobs. 

Seem?

Quote:
Cheers on being a good sport, like Currawong and Jude were. 
beerchug.gif

LOL! 
biggrin.gif
  You make it sound like he's got a choice!  Currawong and Jude wield ban hammers.  Tyll doesn't.

Quote:
Nope, the guy decided to bail on us...
frown.gif

Believe it or not, that's happened to me as well, so don't feel too bad.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #2,708 of 12,550
Glad your back Warren!!!!!!! Get back to work! :p TwinQY, I wasn't really mad, but no, I never got that PM, and that was the picture.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #2,709 of 12,550
Now we just have to figure out what happened to Doc.

Also, way off topic (and therefore good for this thread), I'm continually amazed at the penetrating powers of hair. In the course of de-hairing my Beyers with a lint roller, I decided to attack the foam cup inserts separately, so I pried the plastic rings off and lifted out the foam bits. I found an astonishing number of >1" hairs under the foam and stuck to the small felt guard Beyer installs over the driver. How does this even happen? At least the DT880 has the felt guard. The DT990 does not. I wonder if hair getting stuck on drivers is a problem for them.

Also, a while ago I found a strand poking out of the perforated grille on the left earcup. When I tried to get it out, it broke off flush with the side of the grille, so it's probably still there. Again, What? 

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,712 of 12,550
Now that I'm reminded of Tyll's custom title, I humbly ask all of you to use one of the vulgar Tyll-in-drag avatar to honor his custom title.
LOL, just saw it. :wink:

Feb 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2,713 of 12,550
Quote:
Glad your back Warren!!!!!!! Get back to work!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now we just have to figure out what happened to Doc.

biggrin.gif
  For some reason, I thought it was safe to just rest up because Doc was here.  It never occurred to me that he'd be gone too!  Doc, you aight?  PM me if you see this! 

Quote:
Also, way off topic (and therefore good for this thread), I'm continually amazed at the penetrating powers of hair. In the course of de-hairing my Beyers with a lint roller, I decided to attack the foam cup inserts separately, so I pried the plastic rings off and lifted out the foam bits. I found an astonishing number of >1" hairs under the foam and stuck to the small felt guard Beyer installs over the driver. How does this even happen?

Here's a thought for you.  Most of the time, the hairs I find in my cans don't look like my hairs at all. 
eek.gif

Quote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Nice one!

Thanks!  I forgot who it was, or what thread it was in, but some dude wanted you to measure the progressive changes that occur to cans over the course of thousands of hours of burn-in.  This is partially in honor of that guy, and his What request. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Now that I'm reminded of Tyll's custom title, I humbly ask all of you to use one of the vulgar Tyll-in-drag avatar to honor his custom title.

There we go!  That solves the not-enough-avatars thing.

Another idea is that we simply use Tyll's avatar and just go around confusing the eff out of everyone (like we did with Obobtober).

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #2,715 of 12,550
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back