Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #2,686 of 12,550
They spoke about us getting 40cm but thankfully that didn't happen...
Yet... Supposedly still more snow to come...

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2,687 of 12,550
My area was about 8", with the drifts being somewhat higher. This was nothing compared to the 3 feet we had a few years ago,...and because of that I hate snow.

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #2,688 of 12,550
Quote:
Man I love snow. We got 5" here in SE Michigan from Nemo on Thursday.

I'm weird in this regard, but I'm envious of the snow the northeast received. Milford, CT got 38"  and I think that would be trippy having that much on the ground. Unfortunately, we haven't had a storm drop 12"+ here in about three years. Lots of clipper systems over the last month, but outside the LES belts there hasn't been much this winter. Looks like Orko is going to miss us too...
frown.gif

Yeah, about that...I have a thread on here somewhere that says just what I think about snow. I see you're in Michigan as well. I'm quite glad we didn't get that much, or else I'd still be out there shoveling it and I started on Friday. 
biggrin.gif

You remind me of my one friend who absolutely loves snow. He's legally blind (and thus cannot drive) and lives in a townhouse with a walkway that's about three feet long, so he doesn't quite experience the bad side of snow the way the rest of us do. My driveway is about 100 feet, so shoveling it is an hours-long affair. My arms are still sore. And, four wheel drive or no, driving around when the snow's just fallen is hellish--just because you don't go sliding doesn't stop the other people from bashing into you, and with the way some of the people around here drive it's astounding it hasn't happened yet.

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #2,689 of 12,550
ma4atyde.jpg

Still rippin here, that was a 5' deep drift at the top of the stairs... all the shoveling last night was for naught.... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,690 of 12,550
Quote:
ma4atyde.jpg

Still rippin here, that was a 5' deep drift at the top of the stairs... all the shoveling last night was for naught....
biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Hey, you can still see the sidewalk at least. There's nothing more heartbreaking than spending hours heaving powder off to the side, only to wake up the next day and see everything covered in a uniform layer of white with only the faintest ridge to show the edge of where you'd shoveled the previous day. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #2,695 of 12,550
Quote:
It's ALIVE!!!

dead again. FTFY 
wink.gif

Quote:
Great support, MrViolin!
popcorn.gif

I try to tell myself otherwise :)

Ah... I see why it's dead now... mostly need a splurge pictures and the picture editors here ): and it usually happens right before/beginning of the month. Looks like the lively time for the thread has passed... time to await the time when Warren will get better and the beginning of the next cycle!

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #2,696 of 12,550
Could be that everybody's either sick or busy or otherwise indisposed. Studying for midterms has taken a decent chunk of my time, and the remainder of it I've spent watching Let's Plays and Stuart Ashen on YouTube, listening to music, and planning out my next musical purchases. I know everybody says this on here and never means it, but I'm probably set for a good long while on equipment. My music collection, though, is just the tiniest bit stale, so I've been checking out different performances of a whole ton of staple music I have no excuse for not having in my library. I mean, how is it I've been buying classical music since I was 10 but I don't have a complete collection of the Brandenburg Concertos yet?

Anyway, after all that, Head-Fi kind of gets pushed to the back burner.

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #2,698 of 12,550
Quote:
Oh blog plugging: check out my sig for my review-journal on the MA350. The final review should be in a months time.

Yeah, I keep putting off my review of those. I've started writing it three times now but haven't been happy with what I came up with. This coming Thursday for sure I'm going to have it wrapped up.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #2,699 of 12,550
Quote:
Could be that everybody's either sick or busy or otherwise indisposed. Studying for midterms has taken a decent chunk of my time, and the remainder of it I've spent watching Let's Plays and Stuart Ashen on YouTube, listening to music, and planning out my next musical purchases. I know everybody says this on here and never means it, but I'm probably set for a good long while on equipment. My music collection, though, is just the tiniest bit stale, so I've been checking out different performances of a whole ton of staple music I have no excuse for not having in my library. I mean, how is it I've been buying classical music since I was 10 but I don't have a complete collection of the Brandenburg Concertos yet?

Anyway, after all that, Head-Fi kind of gets pushed to the back burner.

That's probably it. I come back after a week, and barely any new stuff. Head-fiers are a studious bunch, dontcha know?

@panther - maybe I missed it, but did you get any headway on that avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back