Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,671 of 12,550
Have you all come up with a title for February's Theme / Name?

Something like:

Be Weary February
Legendary February
Get Airy February
Factory February
Fanfare February
Fiery February

How do any of those strike you?

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2,672 of 12,550
Quote:

I thought we were going with InnerFidelity February.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #2,673 of 12,550
Quote:
Also, Tyll... Sorry in advance! xD

Quote:

Something like:

Be Weary February
Legendary February
Get Airy February
Factory February
Fanfare February
Fiery February

How do any of those strike you?

Already done.....InnerFidelity February. hence all the avatars like mine. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #2,675 of 12,550
Sorry I couldn't ,ak e the avatar today... :frowning2: I just finished homework and it's 1:00 in the morning.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #2,676 of 12,550
Quote:
Q:  Hey Warren, where the heck are you?

I've [largely] been in bed.  Even though I had made it through the entire show (CES), that sea of germs inevitably overcame the biological wonder that is my immune system.  It all began the Saturday after the show...

I came home and immediately went to bed as I felt under the weather.  That began a five-day odyssey through every known flu symptom you've ever heard of (and probably some that you haven't).  And yes, this includes all of the truly interesting symptoms that involve bodily fluids. 
eek.gif
  As if that weren't enough, I also became extremely weak over the course of those five days as I didn't eat anything (the nausea made it hard to keep anything down). 

And then, there was the fever.  On one hand, I scored a new personal best having reached 106ºF (106.5ºF to be precise).  Woo hoo!  OTOH, I experienced an entirely new level of delerium as a result. 
confused_face_2.gif
  I won't get into the increasingly ridiculous world views I adopted in quick succession during this fever, but let's just say that driver8's dreams pale in comparison.

BTW, I used to think it was slightly comical that people used to die of Influenza.  I no longer hold that opinion.

So after a good week of this flu from hell, things get even better.  And by better I mean worse. 
mad.gif
  Turns out that I had developed a secondary bacterial pneumonia on top of the Influenza.  Wow, I've never had a pneumonia before... looks like another first for me!  By now, I'm sicker than you can possibly imagine, and taking a course of antibiotics to help manage the pneumonia.

I'm also starting to get pretty cranky as I haven't had a good nights' sleep in some time.  I'd try, only to be awakened every 30 minutes or so because my lungs suddenly felt the need to invert themselves, which would then necessitate me violently coughing them into submission.  This is largely how I spent my second week after CES.

Now we're in the third week after CES, and I find myself in uncharted territory.  While my flu/pneumonia based suffering is FINALLY being put in-check, I am experiencing a host of new conditions that frankly don't thrill me.  Between an eye infection, an ear infection, and various lingering symptoms, I still feel pretty darn crappy.  I've also [and involuntarily] lost about 10% of my body weight over the past few weeks.

Oh wait, I forgot about the best part!  Because of the nausea and the respiratory difficulties, I have been unable to enjoy coffee and cigarettes for nearly three weeks now.  I know this doesn't sound like a big deal - especially for those of you who don't drink coffee or smoke.  But I can assure you that the detrimental side of caffeine and nicotine withdrawal is very real, and very hard to deal with.

In short, I've been nowhere special.  Just in my own personal hell. 
frown.gif

Q:  Are you coming back anytime soon?

It might take a little while for me to get back to full strength, but I'll be around more and more over the next week or so.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has been asking about me.  I really do appreciate the thoughts.  I know I've been slow with the PM responses, but I'll get back in the saddle soon.

Having said all that, looks I missed out on quite a lot here.  Wow, even Tyll's been making an appearance. 
smile.gif

Are you planning on continuing smoking and drinking coffee after this ordeal? Sounds like a good time to just kick the habit since you were forced to. Down the road you'll appreciate it for sure (less health issues like the ones you are having now....). I figured since you already went through the withdrawals symptoms the worst part is past or is almost over by now :). Hope you get better soon. I know what it is like to be sick as a dog. I remember having Mononucleosis in High school. That sucked ass big time.... I was sick for well over a month. Probably 2 months. No energy. Lost a bunch of weight. On top of the got pink eye in both eyes... Woke up one day with it in one eye. The next day the other..... The doctors appointments to get my throat cut so they could drain the fluids was both painful and nasty. I remember the lady using this razor blade to make the incisions and used this tube to suck out all the blood....

I also remember having a flue where I couldn't hold anything down at all. Not even water. I had to be hospitalized. If not I'd have died of dehydration. I had to be nourished via IV for a couple days before I could go home. I remember I was the first in the emergency room and then all of a sudden they got slammed. A bunch of others came in with the same symptoms. The sound of hearing a  bunch of people Ralph is not pretty....

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #2,677 of 12,550
Here's Tyll's funny Pic:

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #2,683 of 12,550
Well, I just finished dinner. I guess there's that musical interlude in a little while to look forward to. But first, I'll watch some more "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel,...:D

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #2,684 of 12,550
nyra8a9y.jpg

I just finished shoveling the walkway for the building... Doesnt take long to fill back in. Coffee and a good listening session is in order maybe a little Brian Eno to relax, Another green world possibly. :D
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,685 of 12,550
Man I love snow. We got 5" here in SE Michigan from Nemo on Thursday.

I'm weird in this regard, but I'm envious of the snow the northeast received. Milford, CT got 38"  and I think that would be trippy having that much on the ground. Unfortunately, we haven't had a storm drop 12"+ here in about three years. Lots of clipper systems over the last month, but outside the LES belts there hasn't been much this winter. Looks like Orko is going to miss us too...
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back