The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #66,736 of 91,336
I wonder how it will compare to the rest of UM’s Mason/Red Halo/Le Jardin lineup.
Well, I own Indigo, MEXT, 3DT, Red Halo and Mentor. I will compare them when I get it.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #66,737 of 91,336
went with the Aeneid since I was able to get a open box deal on one.

😮 Whoa, from Bloom, or ET directly?

Manu Katché - 2 tracks on Unstatic, Unstatic and Presentation

Ha, I actually just recommended that album to somebody earlier today! Along with James Francies's Flight.

EE LX in customs as I would have great bass and a great seal with ambient sound reduction to reduce the gunfire noise as I kill zombies 🧟‍♂️ :ksc75smile:

Probably 25-30 dB of passive attenuation right there! 😝

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #66,738 of 91,336
Speaking of gold, I'm waiting for Gladiator to drop their GPS. Its a lot more gold sheen than most GPS out there.
Gonna need to whip out my gold aviators with gold/bronze reflective lenses for those 😎

If I paint it gold though? You can't say to a gold Rn6 stock cable 😂
Haha, I'd highly consider an edible gold foil wrapped one 🤤

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #66,739 of 91,336
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 10.44.16 AM.jpeg

With all the flavors of IEMs and all these new exciting IEMs, I've been revisiting my collections so I'll be able to appreciate my future purchases more and came back to the Elysium. It reminds me that despite being a 4-year-old IEM, it is still one of my absolute favorites. I remember when I returned to the hobby, I was allowed to try the entire VE lineup, including the EXT, Phonix and Elysium.

Out of all of them, I fell in love with the Elysium and ordered customs for them. However, since I did not want to wait to get my new audio toys, I ended up getting both the Phonix and Elysium at the same time.

While Phonix is technically more impressive and very seductive to listen to, Elysium still grabs me at the heart with that DD-mid and the electrostatic treble. Just what a joy to listen.

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #66,740 of 91,336
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 10.44.16 AM.jpeg

With all the flavors of IEMs and all these new exciting IEMs, I've been revisiting my collections so I'll be able to appreciate my future purchases more and came back to the Elysium. It reminds me that despite being a 4-year-old IEM, it is still one of my absolute favorites. I remember when I returned to the hobby, I was allowed to try the entire VE lineup, including the EXT, Phonix and Elysium.

Out of all of them, I fell in love with the Elysium and ordered customs for them. However, since I did not want to wait to get my new audio toys, I ended up getting both the Phonix and Elysium at the same time.

While Phonix is technically more impressive and very seductive to listen to, Elysium still grabs me at the heart with that DD-mid and the electrostatic treble. Just what a joy to listen.

+1

Elysium is so good. In the earlier days of this hobby when I was still in something of an exploratory phase every now and again I would come across an IEM that totally altered my idea of what was possible in the portable space. Elysium was definitely one of those IEMs for me. Sidenote: If I ever decide to go in on a custom the VE Elysium is still arguably my top choice.

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #66,741 of 91,336
Where do you guys usually download or purchase your hires music? I've been looking for these 2 albums from Casiopea but HDtracks don't have it. Found it on Qobuz but Qobuz is not available on my country so I can't purchase it 🥲
And maybe any recommendation on Jazz fusion band like Casiopea? Thanks 😁

Attachments

• CasiopeaMintJamsalbumcover.jpg
    CasiopeaMintJamsalbumcover.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 247439f0-9f60-4601-ad72-1e873a818963.jpg
    247439f0-9f60-4601-ad72-1e873a818963.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #66,742 of 91,336
Where do you guys usually download or purchase your hires music? I've been looking for these 2 albums from Casiopea but HDtracks don't have it. Found it on Qobuz but Qobuz is not available on my country so I can't purchase it 🥲
And maybe any recommendation on Jazz fusion band like Casiopea? Thanks 😁
Try Apple Music subscription - available in Indo.

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #66,744 of 91,336
Depends on the music you listened to. Generally I wouldn't say the XE6 has that good of a sub bass, and I will stretch it out to say it won't be your first option if you want to listen to bass.

The kinetic bass is fun to listen to, but the thick lower mids just takes the spotlight away from the bass every single time for me.

While Grand Maestro does have a HEAVY emphasis on sub bass, it's tuning is lean for the mid bass. For sounds such as acoustic kicks, it sounds rather boomy as a result. But for straight sub bass goodness, it will really shine.
I usually listen to Hip Hop. I also listen to Pop and Classical depending on my mood.

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #66,745 of 91,336
If I could only have one, it would be Grand Maestro.

I find the neutral plus huge sub bass, default tuning highly satisfying across my listening, the modules and switches let the driver technicals excell across tunings. Despite all the praise the standard tuning draws, I really enjoy control with vocal on too.
After all the discussion on headfi and having asked a gazzilion questions, I am also thinking of Grand Maestro.

It was a tough call as I wanted the Trifecta but it is a bit too expensive in India. XE6 is available but from what I am hearing, Grand Maestro has a better sub bass and is tuned more in line with Audiophiles.

Oct 14, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #66,748 of 91,336
Tapping the Cooler hive mind again. Which complementary 2 out of 3 should I have in my collection: Mentor, Annihilator 23, and/or Jewel.

As context I am generally more bass/DD focused given my library, but am interested in expanding my tastes, in SQ and music. And having complementary IEMs to do that with. Note I have Traillii which has a permanent seat at my table. I am willing to give spots to 2 out of these other 3 IEMs and would love some perspectives!
My vote would be Annihilator 23, as its treble would offer something unique in your collection and also has better bass than Mentor. I’d argue it has better bass than Jewel as well but I’m sure there’d be many who disagree with me. I felt Jewel’s bass quality was quite good (probably a little better than Anni’s) but it just didn’t have enough quantity for my taste. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back