The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 11, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #88,937 of 89,945
A mention of "fatherhood" talk triggered a fine memory from CanJam NYC '24 when I was at Musicteck tables, sitting across from you and @Visceral :) I didn't even realize you were new at Head-fi since you were quite knowledgeable about the sound.
:beerchug: Thank you. Means a lot coming from you!

May 11, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #88,938 of 89,945
Next will be call M... :wink:
Dial M for murders.png

Cheers! :wink:

May 11, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #88,939 of 89,945
What a Friday! Joined the Sony club big time!

🥰 I would honestly be surprised if you didn't keep most of those!

I think he means IEM exhibitor. You know, the only kind that matters 😜

giphy.gif

personally speaking where I find a DD can’t be beaten is more from a ‘thud’ or ‘punch’ of a kick-drum where a BA just can’t quite achieve that visceral sense of vibration in the mid-bass, and for genres like techno for example I would tend to favour a set with a DD in the mix, the Bellos X4 a great example, and while I’ve only recently waxed lyrical about that, there is definitely more to come - not sure it will include tears though…

IMG_3713.jpg

Whether you end up keeping it or not, I'm so happy that you've been able to spend time with it, and that we have this shared experience together. :relaxed::punch:

Although I'm perfectly happy with my Mojo2Poly, you now have me curious about this thing!

As a fellow jotter, I can totally appreciate that you write down your impressions! 🥰

I think they are the best IEMs that Noble ever developed.

Prove it! Send me yours! :smile:

AME Custom have amazing IEMs I don't understand that not more people write about them.

Have not heard them lol. That's always the answer to that question.

Have to say I'm impressed by their brilliant choice of model names: Raven, Gaia, and Aura.

I'm putting $25 on their next model being called... Traillii.

:smile: At least they're aspiring to greatness... and didn't name a model Premier or something!

May 11, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #88,940 of 89,945
After weeks of anticipation, these beauties have finally hit my doorstep. :heart_eyes:

ILP_0493-Edit.jpg

ILP_0454-Edit.jpg

ILP_0468-Edit.jpg

I literally don't think Aroma could've made them any better. I couldn't be happier with how they feel, look, fit or (especially) sound. Now, I just get to sit back and enjoy, knowing I don't have to write a 4000-word essay about 'em. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

May 11, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #88,941 of 89,945
Beautiful in all their not-yellow glory! :heart_eyes:

May 11, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #88,942 of 89,945
After weeks of anticipation, these beauties have finally hit my doorstep. :heart_eyes:

ILP_0493-Edit.jpg
ILP_0454-Edit.jpg
ILP_0468-Edit.jpg
I literally don't think Aroma could've made them any better. I couldn't be happier with how they feel, look, fit or (especially) sound. Now, I just get to sit back and enjoy, knowing I don't have to write a 4000-word essay about 'em. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
the looks on these 👀🫦

May 11, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #88,943 of 89,945

ILP_0493-Edit.jpg
ILP_0454-Edit.jpg
ILP_0468-Edit.jpg
Stunning design selection.

You mean you're going to write a 40,000 word essay :wink:

May 11, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #88,944 of 89,945

ILP_0493-Edit.jpg
ILP_0454-Edit.jpg
ILP_0468-Edit.jpg
https://elementechnology.com/products/sonnet-of-adam

These would look so nice with them

IMG_6434.jpeg

May 11, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #88,945 of 89,945
Spend some time lurking around to get a sense of the vibe and tone-- and if it works for you, contribute away. If not, quietly move on or work to make change in a natural, organic and respectful way...not by whining over and over again about all the things you don't like.

If that was directed at me in any remotest of ways you might want to have a look at the warrenpchi post where he asked me for my opinion about the perception of what WC is to outsiders.

He actually said you might be interested in such conversation so the WC might have wider appeal.

I offered an opinion because I was asked for it by admin, I had a pretty fair idea you would have zero interest but since warrenpchi is a good guy I obliged, I even said I did so hesitantly because I figured you would just take further offence.

Once again because it seems you don’t understand. I don’t care what the WC is and if it isn’t a fit for me. Why would I ? Why would I desperately want to fit in here when I have no interest in the predominant conversation and culture ?

I did exactly what you indicated and observed and assessed the vibe and decided for the most part it wasn’t for me. I previously ventured a critique that the description of the thread had next to nothing to do with the actual content which was somewhat misleading. I was advised that had been said by others on numerous occasions so obviously it wasn’t just my opinion. You took it personally, called me a twat and couldn’t even manage a civil response, you inferred what I meant not took my words at face value and responded by name calling.

For the record …. once again …. I don’t care what the WC is and I never once “whined” about it or it not being a good fit for me.

Rockwell75 said he used the block option, if so @warrenpchi would you be so kind as to pass these comments on in a pm to him. I have no interest in any private conversation with someone that assumes they know my motivation, defaults to name calling then ignores the whole thing because he doesn’t want to take ownership of his actions.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #88,947 of 89,945
If only a CP622B with DD bass would exist…

This IEM is so insanely good, I think its becoming my nr1.
The amount of detail, vocals, imaging, soundstage, “lifelike” etc. To my ears, ahead of Jewel, Ve Aura, Traillii.

I might even accept it does not have a DD.

But if there is an IEM out there that is an exact match but with DD, I WANT IT!

Any of you have cable recommendations for the CP622B? I was thinking PW Audio First Times (because of visual match 😅)

May 11, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #88,948 of 89,945
May 11, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #88,949 of 89,945

This IEM is so insanely good, I think its becoming my nr1.
The amount of detail, vocals, imaging, soundstage, “lifelike” etc. To my ears, ahead of Jewel, Ve Aura, Traillii.

I might even accept it does not have a DD.

But if there is an IEM out there that is an exact match but with DD, I WANT IT!

Any of you have cable recommendations for the CP622B? I was thinking PW Audio First Times (because of visual match 😅)

Yeah if it had a DD it would be unstoppable as the ultimate versatile all rounder.

May 11, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #88,950 of 89,945
Curious as to why a lot of TOTL iems don’t use a dd for bass when the demand is so high .. I feel like there might be some kind of scientific explanation 🧪🧬🔬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back