The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #17,611 of 24,807
Tilpo did you already get some stats? There's an 8/10 SR-202 in the classifieds for $200 I believe. Excellent deal. I was very tempted but managed to keep myself from buying them somehow.

And here I was wondering why people weren't going for it as much :p

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #17,612 of 24,807
Tilpo did you already get some stats? There's an 8/10 SR-202 in the classifieds for $200 I believe. Excellent deal. I was very tempted but managed to keep myself from buying them somehow.

I want to finish my Beta22 first. I have made a promise to myself that I won't buy any gear whatsoever until I get this thing working properly.
If I don't do this then things might start to get rather chaotic, and I want to avoid that at all costs.

It won't be long until I'm finished though. The amp worked perfectly fine, it just had too much transformer interference so I bought a separate chassis for the transformer. Currently I'm just waiting for the parts needed for the AC interconnection. Installing it won't take up more than an hour or two.

Mar 5, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #17,613 of 24,807
Quick question needing some SR-3/5 pads for something I'll probably post pics of eventually and wondering if the ones at Audiocubes2 have the oval center like the originals or if they are a round middle?
Seems grey color too -a darker or light?

thanks

Mar 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #17,614 of 24,807

Quote:
Quick question needing some SR-3/5 pads for something I'll probably post pics of eventually and wondering if the ones at Audiocubes2 have the oval center like the originals or if they are a round middle?
Seems grey color too -a darker or light?

thanks

I think you can get them cheaper off of ebay global.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #17,616 of 24,807

Quote:
Gradofan2 - I need exact the same info on the 727 mod. Any chance you could forward to me? Thank you in advance.

Check out post :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/223263/the-stax-thread-new/14040#post_6950296

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #17,618 of 24,807
I would also advise against having the mod done unless you can do without the warranty / fix problems yourself. Mine blew up just because of static electricity it would seem, so s.t happens as they say... I'd be curious to hear both versions side by side though :wink:.

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #17,619 of 24,807

Quote:
I've been following the price of the SR-009 at pricejapan for the past few months, and the price keeps dropping as the Japanese Yen isn't doing very well.  Does anyone have any idea how much lower the Yen can possibly go?

If you happen to find someone who really has the answer to this question, please let me know, I'll bet the ranch against the yen! And I promise that I'll give you a pair of 009 for free.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #17,621 of 24,807

Quote:
If you happen to find someone who really has the answer to this question, please let me know, I'll bet the ranch against the yen! And I promise that I'll give you a pair of 009 for free.
biggrin.gif

Someone told me they though it was going to drop 20 - 25%. So far it's dropped about 5% from when they told me (beginning of February). I was hoping to find out if anyone else was thinking the same thing, or 20 - 25% is way off.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #17,622 of 24,807
I don't post much, but when I do I make sure it's something good.

It's such a good deal, new earpads, new headband, like new condition, including shipping it comes under 1900. And I have to commend Seyo-shop for sending the headphone on Saturday. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #17,623 of 24,807
Congrats!

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #17,624 of 24,807

Quote:
Someone told me they though it was going to drop 20 - 25%. So far it's dropped about 5% from when they told me (beginning of February). I was hoping to find out if anyone else was thinking the same thing, or 20 - 25% is way off.

Well, I doubt pretty much that anyone can know for sure what is going to happen with currencies in general, the yen in particular, in the near or medium term (as much can be said about the stock market as well): things can remain undervalued or overvalued for a long time (assuming that they were properly valued in the first place). Of course, you will always find plenty of people who will be ready to tell you all sorts of things, and even believe themselves. The sad truth is that the only thing which is certain with regard to those things is that -- as I read somewhere -- it will fluctuate! At any rate (sic!), I like it too to watch the yen going down, as I am about to get the 009 as well. Best of luck. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #17,625 of 24,807
The market consensus is that the yen will slowly devalue over the next year, but there are certainly no guarantees that will actually happen. The Bank of Japan would certainly like that to happen and have expressed their intention to encourage things in that direction. I don't expect the rate to continue moving in favour of the dollar as fast as it has in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back