The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #91 of 1,098
These use the same exact Pleather pads that we have been using for the HA-S500 by the way. So same cup size.

So that means all those ATH Velours can be used on these as well. Will test them out after some burn in. Lol. Let the mods begin.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #92 of 1,098
Quote:

I am burning them in stretched like this.. The headband remind me quite a bit of the M-80 headband. It is pliable meaning you can bend them out. I stretched the headband out and they have loosened up much more so..I know on ears is not the cups of choice for most but I am convinced to get this type of sound from these cans for a full sized version will cost considerably more for similar sound tuning from AT.. These sound better than my A900X closed cans and is almost there with the AD900X. Surprising.. AT is using all their know how in these cans. In other words the sound tuning of these cans vs something like a UE6000. These cans leave them behind in SQ for much less than them.. 

Does it look like the HM5/O-ring modd will work on these?

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #93 of 1,098
LOL -  it really is time for me to take a break from head-fi. I can't take it anymore!

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #97 of 1,098
Quote:
Hey Wayne, my tenso package was in Chicago at 3pm today.....should be here Monday.  Have you heard?

You'll see yours soon cute - excellent! Mine won't be out of Tenso until Monday. By the time they get here, dsnuts' es700's will be fully burned in and sounding better than his ad900x's, so I might as well get my "ad900x for sale" ad going on head-fi in advance. Ha ha just kidding! (I hope!)

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #98 of 1,098
Quote:

You'll see yours soon cute - excellent! Mine won't be out of Tenso until Monday. By the time they get here, dsnuts' es700's will be fully burned in and sounding better than his ad900x's, so I might as well get my "ad900x for sale" ad going on head-fi in advance. Ha ha just kidding! (I hope!)

There is absolutely no chance once you hear them fully burned in.. No chance...These are the stylish portables with a sound level that sound as good as they look but the scope of the sound on the AD900X has to be experienced..Those remain my best sounding cans I own.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #99 of 1,098
Quote:

My Somic's are due here tommorrow.....I might refuse them and send them right back, sell one pair of my modded S500 off, in favor of the ES700.  I like their looks, and I had two pair of ESW9, recabled both pairs sucessfully for better sound.  Wish I had known the HM5/O-ring modd then, I may have kept them...they had outstanding vocals.  I made a little extension cable today from SPC with copper returns, can't believe what it does to my IEM's, bigger soundstage, clarity, imaging.  My RE272 took the character of the cable, and I can't believe the sound.....been listening all afternoon to them.  Soundstage on the RE272 with that 18" extension cable is behind my shoulder left and right....unbelievable to say the least.  Already have fantastic cable on both S500, soundstage is out there with both of those as well.  The cable on the AD900X is one sided, so a cable upgrade there would mean drilling into the right cup, resale may drop.  But the ES700 rewire is fully reversable.  Bet I can get the ES700 close to the stock AD900X, likely better!  Headfi has been keeping me too busy, I am too techie to be satisfied with anything right now!

Hey where's sf. he's gonna love my pirate Honey Boo Boo avatar!  Might be me in disquise...lol.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #100 of 1,098
I get the feeling that every ATH headphones are godsends for Dsnuts 
size]

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #102 of 1,098
Quote:

My Somic's are due here tommorrow.....I might refuse them and send them right back, sell one pair of my modded S500 off, in favor of the ES700.  I like their looks, and I had two pair of ESW9, recabled both pairs sucessfully for better sound.  Wish I had known the HM5/O-ring modd then, I may have kept them...they had outstanding vocals.  I made a little extension cable today from SPC with copper returns, can't believe what it does to my IEM's, bigger soundstage, clarity, imaging.  My RE272 took the character of the cable, and I can't believe the sound.....been listening all afternoon to them.  Soundstage on the RE272 with that 18" extension cable is behind my shoulder left and right....unbelievable to say the least.  Already have fantastic cable on both S500, soundstage is out there with both of those as well.  The cable on the AD900X is one sided, so a cable upgrade there would mean drilling into the right cup, resale may drop.  But the ES700 rewire is fully reversable.  Bet I can get the ES700 close to the stock AD900X, likely better!  Headfi has been keeping me too busy, I am too techie to be satisfied with anything right now!

Hey where's sf. he's gonna love my pirate Honey Boo Boo avatar!  Might be me in disquise...lol.

Cute, you are on fire!

If I had your mad modding skills, I would go absolutely insane hanging around here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back