The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #61 of 1,098
OMG just look at how gorgeous they look!

Dam... :p

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #62 of 1,098
Quote:
Unfortunately not. It looks like I have to wait till Tuesday of next week to get them as it is Martin Luther King day on Monday meaning no postal stuff..

Aaw that sucks mate.

Hope tomorrow goes quick for you. 
wink.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #64 of 1,098
Quote:
I had those and they were very bright & thin in sound.

Interesting, you think that way about the FC700, and ljokerl described them like this in his big review....

Sound (5.75/10): The sound signature of the FC700 is quite typical for a <$50 portable headphone – big bass, warm mids, and relaxed treble.The combination of slight midrange recession and strong bass gives the FC700 a very slight veil but on the whole the mids are warm and pleasant. 

My impression is right between the two of you...lol. To my ears, they don't extend terribly far in either the low or high range, but they're nicely balanced and pleasing, with no EQ required.

Just proves the old adage, everyone's ears are different! 
smile_phones.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #66 of 1,098
Quote:

salut mec, t'est Francais aussi? J'espere que tu ne ferais pas mettre une taxe d'import aux douanes. Les douanes en France sont vraiment chiantes.

This is an English speaking forum dude

Jan 21, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #69 of 1,098
Besides you can always take a shot by leaving a comment. Some sellers are willing to play a little with shipment invoice value if that saves you import tax in your country.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #71 of 1,098
My friend bring ES700 to a local jaben store few days ago when i was on holiday in other city so i wasn't able to hear it dang... But most of them says good thing about this phones

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #72 of 1,098
Just got them and they sound damn good!

Very comfortable and they look sturdy.

I'll tell you more after some more listening but at first they sound great!

Envoyé depuis mon Acer Cloudmobile avec Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #73 of 1,098
Do U have any other autiotechnicas to compare them with?
Like an es7 or es10 ?
I find it easier to know how a headphone sound by comparisons.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #74 of 1,098
Well I am seriously bumbed. I was thinking after the long weekend I would get my ES700 by now but it is no where to be found at this point. They should be at my desk right now but I have no idea where they are at.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #75 of 1,098
I had a pair of ES7 and I own a pair of ATH-AD700 also.

AD700 are very different being open cans.

ES7 however can take the comparison. Sound signature is close (as far as I can remember) but somehow I find the ES700 better. They sound more detailed, clearer. I've ad very little time to listen to them so it's difficult to judge. They sound damn good on classical music soudstage is very open for closed cans and everything souds just right, tones are very well reproduced from low to high. Rock music : they are punchy and bassy but not too much. Mids and highs are well balanced. Electronic music : Dancefloor is in your head! Jazz : OK I can swear that trumpet was just whistling in my ear !

Back on comfort : if you own(ed) a pair of ES7... well you will regret that AT didn't apply this receipe before ! They rest on your head just like the ES7 but with a soft cushion on the headband (so it won't hurt) and earpads are thicker too which is a good thing as they still apply pressure on your ears.

Cable : AT also learned its lesson here ! Cable looks sturdy, L shaped plug and it seems the cable is twisted too. Hope the soldering on the speakers is better too.

So far it seems to be an improved version of the ES7 and that's exactly what I was looking for !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back