The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jan 18, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #46 of 1,098
No information yet. I've contacted AT in France but they don't know if and when they will have the ES700.

I've ordered from Japan because even they become available in France they'll probably be 50% more expensive!

Envoyé depuis mon S500 avec Tapatalk

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #50 of 1,098
They're a lot less than 220$ with shipping included. 200$ is the MSRP, but they sell for much lower.They sell on amazon Japan for 12544 JPY which is 139.5 USD at the current rate of exchange. So expect around 160$ with shipping. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #52 of 1,098
Check the Tenso site, it has instructions on how you can sign up and use their service.

Basically, amazon will ship it to Tenso, and then Tenso will ship it to you. So the item is still being sold to a Japanese address (Tenso).

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #54 of 1,098
Yep you need somebody between amazon and you.

Ordering from rakuten is another solution and they ship directly to you. Just see which one you prefer :)

Envoyé depuis mon S500 avec Tapatalk

Rakuten is one of the cheapest places to buy these.

Even so, I read recently that people have had issues ordering from them.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #55 of 1,098
Ya they require a bank transfer. Lol. My point is. If I need a help of my bank in order for me to get a headphone. I ain't buying from them. I would rather pay a bit more for Amazon Japan and use Tenso to get the phones to me. I tried several times to buy stuff from that site as the prices seem the best but a bank transfer?

By the way guys. I should get my phones by tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Jan 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #58 of 1,098
So, not received them yet mate??

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #60 of 1,098
These look like the big brothers of my ATH-FC700.....

which cost me $35 lightly used on Amazon, which I will never part with. I never got to hear the ES7, but I've always wanted to...but I was afraid I'd end up with fakes if I tried to buy them...lol.
I'll be curious to hear more about these, but at the same time, I was just thinking yesterday, I really don't need anything new for a while, I like what I have.
Should have known Dsnuts would strike again! :cool:

I had those and they were very bright & thin in sound.
I had up to three es7 at once, at one time, and these were the headphones that got me into this hobby, Absolutely wonderful & I loved them, yet only my oldest pair gave me most detail but not up to level of the detail of the es9 which also loved but sounded different and made me miss the es7 sound.
The es10 were always out of reach for me but these new es700 see like a dream come true,
If they have increase in details.
So on my radar for shure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back