The NEW ATH-ES700..
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #106 of 1,098
Quote:
Didn't you see my question from my other post? I asked you why that "thing" was in your avatar. Some how i am not remotely surprised one bit that "it" is you in disguise. 
rolleyes.gif
TroLoLoLoLoLoLO

I got my pop up blocker turned on......how'd the troll get in here, lol!

Jekyl and Hyde, Waynumm and sfwalcer one in the same?

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #107 of 1,098
This year to be honest. AT has stepped up huge. Even their solid bass earphone the CKS1000 is on a stupid high end level in sound.  To think there was not a single review of these ES700 when I bought them. Lol.  Let me put some perspective.  The M-80 cost about the same. Around $167 for the white ones.  Those don't even come remotely close to how these sound.. These make those sound borning and non dynamic. Not even close to the sound level of these..

I am debating with myself now if these sound better than my MDR-1R at the moment..Lol.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #108 of 1,098
Quote:

Just call me Dumbnuts for hanging around!

WoW, cute is already self destructing without being trolled, that is some amazing power you got there WAYNE. How you do that???
biggrin.gif

Pop up blocker blocks trolls.
confused_face_2.gif
Sign me up for that new amazing feature ASAP!

@Ds
Yeppp it looks like this year is gonna be ATHs, but JVC sure ain't gonna let them have their cake and eat it that easy. I called it, a 50mm CNT full size headphone gonna be released by JVC real soon...............................................................i hope. It's gonna have everyone wet their pants all over again.

edit: LMAO cute is on some Crazy Ricky Boi CSI sh!t, yeppp me and WAYNE is the same person don't you know.  And we like to kill cute things! That Honey Boo Boo of yours needs to be eliminated.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #110 of 1,098
Ya will do..I can tell the driver in these have a higher end tuning to them perhaps a new higher resolution driver. The control in the sounds is top notch.  The smoothness out of the box is something I have never experienced from a phone at this cost. My A900X never sounded this smooth..To think these ES700 will sound even better after some burn in..

These have already exceeded my expectations in sound. They have shattered them. These sounded better out of box than any headphones I have used. Even the AD900X did not sound this nice on open box. These will impress immediately.

The AD900X after burn in though is. Priceless.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #111 of 1,098
Quote:
These use the same exact Pleather pads that we have been using for the HA-S500 by the way. So same cup size.

Speaking of the HA-S500, how do the ES700 sound in comparison? Is the price jump worth it? I haven't gone through this whole thread, so I hope I'm not covering ground that has been covered already.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #112 of 1,098
I know I would love these ES700s, so it's a good thing I know very well that I can't afford any headphones right now....lol.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #113 of 1,098
Quote:

There is absolutely no chance once you hear them fully burned in.. No chance...These are the stylish portables with a sound level that sound as good as they look but the scope of the sound on the AD900X has to be experienced..Those remain my best sounding cans I own.

I missed your reply earlier. Thank God I found it - I'll now be able to sleep tonight!
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #114 of 1,098
Quote:
WoW, cute is already self destructing without being trolled, that is some amazing power you got there WAYNE. How you do that???
biggrin.gif

I'd tell ya, but you know.. I'd then have to kill ya. And doing that would be somewhat self-destructive.

Quote:
edit: LMAO cute is on some Crazy Ricky Boi CSI sh!t, yeppp me and WAYNE is the same person don't you know.  And we like to kill cute things! That Honey Boo Boo of yours needs to be eliminated.
tongue_smile.gif

Yes, boo boo should go. But you know she'll just come back!
eek.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #116 of 1,098
Wayne. We are talking about a 53mm angled fully open cans tuned to perfection by the same house that did these ES700 with their smaller 42mm closed drivers. I am certain the guys that tuned the ES700 had a hand in the AD900X. Their sound signature mirrors another and both have excellence no fan of AT sound should miss out on.

Which do you think is gonna have the bigger scale of sound, air and one of a kind sound stage..

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #117 of 1,098
Quote:
Wayne. We are talking about a 53mm angled fully open cans tuned to perfection by the same house that did these ES700 with their smaller 42mm closed drivers. I am certain the guys that tuned the ES700 had a hand in the AD900X. Their sound signature mirrors another and both have excellence no fan of AT sound should miss out on.

Which do you think is gonna have the bigger scale of sound, air and one of a kind sound stage..

Ha - I know it brother! I'm just joking about how fast the dsnuts-hype-bullet trains takes off is all!

As far as the ad900x is concerned, I was wanting open over-ear cans, and we are going to have a beautiful love affair I'm sure
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #118 of 1,098
Those do look nice, it looks like a better looking ES7 with better headband cushion and ear pads.  The only thing that scares me about ES700 is that the adjustable arms and inward angle arm to cup looks exactly like the ES7 which to me translate to an uncomfortable headphone.  I gave up on the ES7 because of that, the only headphone I could only wear for 15 mins. only.  But, man to think someone think it might sound better than a A900X, what a feat for something half the price.

Jan 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #119 of 1,098
Oh by the way guys. These are in deed made in Japan. The workmanship is flawless. As far as comfort goes. I had them stretched over my Dac amp in the previous pic. I put them on my head before I left them for the over night burn in. These loosened up much more so and don't have a hard clamp like they did initially out of box. So it is imperative you stretch out the band and put the phones over what represents the width of your head.. And they stretch out.. I remember the same type of clamp was on my WS55 but those loosened up real nice too.

Unless you guys have an tremendous sized noggin I think these will be just fine. The band definitely loosens up the more you have them on your head and or over some books.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #120 of 1,098
Quote:
I know I would love these ES700s, so it's a good thing I know very well that I can't afford any headphones right now....lol.

Same here.

Sticking with my trusty JVC S500s for now, and happy to do so. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back