"The Lab"
Mar 2, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #1,097 of 20,136
Thank you my friend. Yes, this really ticks all the boxes forme so far. I need to give them some time (from my experience with the CKR10) but so far so good
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy to be here!

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,098 of 20,136
Wow Peter, you got the sister as well. Your lust is insatiable!

I realize I spend my love time with CKN70 more than my CKR9 in my IEM harem but please don't tell others. 

Wow ...you have CKR9 too.....you have accumulated quite an arsenal man .....me problem now is ..have good source playa but iem .....not so

Maybe you guys can help me out ...me " Masta" buy list in no particular order :-
- GR07 Classic
- DUNU 1000
- Fidue A83

:mad: ....why why

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #1,099 of 20,136
Wow Peter, you got the sister as well. Your lust is insatiable!

I realize I spend my love time with CKN70 more than my CKR9 in my IEM harem but please don't tell others. 

Lol, I actually brought out the CKN70's a while ago when you posted about them but I'm sorry to say I don't like them as much as I used to......

I also got these little fellas last week so I'm foreseeing a better flight than usual to LA this time :

Wow ...you have CKR9 too.....you have accumulated quite an arsenal man .....me problem now is ..have good source playa but iem .....not so

Maybe you guys can help me out ...me " Masta" buy list in no particular order :-
- GR07 Classic
- DUNU 1000
- Fidue A83

:mad: ....why why

Why not :wink:

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #1,100 of 20,136

- GR07 Classic
- DUNU 1000
- Fidue A83

mad.gif
....why why

All depends on your preferred sound signature. A lot of people swear by the Fidue's but I can honestly say the DUNU's shine with the X5. A Hybrid IEM with a dynamic bass driver that hits hard and has excellent sub bass as well. A lot of people say the bass bleeds into the mids but with the right tip selection this can be alleviated a little but speaking from my own experience I never had issues with the bass getting in the way of the mids. Excellent highs that are rather bright but I experienced no sibilance but others have. I quite like the highs on these.

Ideally if you had a retailer that you could audition the 3 you have listed that would be the go.

Then again I believe that if you have a $350.00 DAP ideally your should spend around the same on headphones. Just a theory I have but so far it has worked out rather well. I also used the NAD Viso HP50 with the X5 and the synergy was good and it was around the same price.

To sum up the Dunu's and the A83's. Before I sold my X5 the Fidue's were definitely on my radar. You won't be needing the GR07 after buying these.

I thing the Dunu's are a sensational hybrid IEM that punch far above their weight and at their price point are a no brainer.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #1,101 of 20,136

- GR07 Classic
- DUNU 1000
- Fidue A83

mad.gif
....why why

I got my CKR9 cheap from Taobao. ¥828.00 or $130.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.164.auofLv&id=41376170989&_u=21ua2o3if237

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #1,102 of 20,136
Lol, I actually brought out the CKN70's a while ago when you posted about them but I'm sorry to say I don't like them as much as I used to......

I also got these little fellas last week so I'm foreseeing a better flight than usual to LA this time :

CKN70 doesn't sound good with pops but with the kind of music I listen to, they are great. I listen to jazz and typically jazz albums with high dynamic range. 

Peter, I wonder if you compare your Bose with ATH before you pulled the trigger.  ATH-ANC series with its QuietPoint active noise cancelling technology seems to offer a much better value for money.  I got ATH-ANC7 which is much cheaper than Bose. The noise cancelling works well. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #1,103 of 20,136

CKN70 doesn't sound good with pops but with the kind of music I listen to, they are great. I listen to jazz and typically jazz albums with high dynamic range. 

Peter, I wonder if you compare your Bose with ATH before you pulled the trigger.  ATH-ANC series with its QuietPoint active noise cancelling technology seems to offer a much better value for money.  I got ATH-ANC7 which is much cheaper than Bose. The noise cancelling works well. 

Fair point with the choice of music on the CKN70's. Maybe I'll need to bring them out one more time and listen to some of the music you recommended me earlier :)

No I did'nt compare the QC25 with the ATH-ANC because the ATH's are not available for audition here. My main (only) reason for getting the Bose is their NC ability and everywhere I read they seem to be the king of the hill in that aspect. I also only paid $200 without tax (I bought them for my company and will get the tax back on them). I'm actually surprised by the sq of the Bose's. Nothing I'd use at home but for travelling they'll be sufficient.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #1,104 of 20,136
  I got my CKR9 cheap from Taobao. ¥828.00 or $130.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.164.auofLv&id=41376170989&_u=21ua2o3if237

Don't tell anyone but I got may pair even cheaper from here: http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/43501928915.html

Shh..... 
wink_face.gif

Please understand that if you do choose to get them from this link you're taking a risk and I can not give any guarantees for what future customers actually recieve.

$(KGrHqMOKp!E3tTlFCYqBOH8fOmRDQ~~_35.JPG

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #1,106 of 20,136
  Uhh, Peter?

For some reason, pretty much everything on Mistertao that I search is banned to sell. #ChineseGovernment

Yeah, it's like that sometimes. What you need to do is to put it in your cart fast as h*** before that message shows up. May take a couple of tries but it usually works in the end.........

Sometimes I even search for a similar item and goes to similar items at the bottom of the page until I find what I'm looking for. The strange thing is that it's not always like that, seem to differ from time to time.............

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,109 of 20,136

First straight from the box impression :YES!

It was a long journey, and I "contributed" to this delay with my CKR10 suggestion
wink.gif
, but you finally got there!  I should have known you prefer a leaner less bassy sound
biggrin.gif

Enjoy it buddy!
beerchug.gif

ps you know there is a happy medium with CKR9LTD
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #1,110 of 20,136
It was a long journey, and I "contributed" to this delay with my CKR10 suggestion :wink: , but you finally got there!  I should have known you prefer a leaner less bassy sound :D

Enjoy it buddy! :beerchug:

ps you know there is a happy medium with CKR9LTD :p

Lol, thanks. Tbh I'm very happy to own both :)

Although I suspect that I'll prefer the 9's over all soundsignature theres something about those male vocals on the 10's......

So to sum it up I'm very happy that you contributed to the delay of the 9's :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back