The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Mar 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #5,507 of 8,352
Quote:

haha it was mostly a one man team i have notice, good job meng.
biggrin.gif

Too bad i was busy trollin'.
bigsmile_face.gif

ha ha.....nobody can get the lipstick off of this pig! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #5,510 of 8,352
Duuuuude, stop the spam. D:

You can multi-quote and edit your posts FYI.

Had to go through 60 (SIXTY) new posts and half of them were yours, asking the same questions. >_>
Props to gopanthersgo1 for not going insane!

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #5,512 of 8,352
Quote:
Go check the discovery thread.

NNoooooooooowwwwwaaahhhh!! Damit you made me read all that.
Quote:
after another two days of A/B comparing the s500 with the m80 i came to the conclusion, that they technically are on the same level, but the s500 sounds more natural to my ears, are more comfortable and less hollow/boxy. damn, i am really looking forward to one day find an onear, that is better than the s500 and has a single sided detechable cable with iphone remote. btw, i did A/B comparison with the dt1350 a week ago and while the beyer show a bit more detail and is even faster, it looses in pin point imaging and comfort. soit seems, that there is no more competition out there.
confused.gif

I cannot agree on the es700 as an upgrade for you..
After listening to my s500 I feel if you prefer this sound it is more lower mid focused

the es700 has the sub bass but it's specialty lies in upper mids to treble,
So after listening to heavier s500 mids, you may find lower mids on the es700 not as pronounced.

The logical, best upgrade for you on a portable level would be the "solid bass" series, namely the ws99.
Too bad you will miss out on that because you already ruled out y-cord, but this one has a detach point at the bottom of the "Y"
It is the only can I would recommend as an upgrade thus far, for anyone who is into the s500 sound, or any other can  for that matter.
These are my best portables so far, with the sound of large home cans.

I have not tried any mods on the s500 yet but I assume with the huge pad mods you may be satisfied and have all you need.
My s500 are still fresh with little burn so I hope to get them up to a higher level.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #5,513 of 8,352
Quote:

The logical, best upgrade for you on a portable level would be the "solid bass" series, namely the ws99.
Too bad you will miss out on that because you already ruled out y-cord, but this one has a detach point at the bottom of the "Y"
It is the only can I would recommend as an upgrade thus far, for anyone who is into the s500 sound, or any other can  for that matter.

I have not tried any mods on the s500 yet but I assume with the huge pad mods you may be satisfied and have all you need.
My s500 are still fresh with little burn so I hope to get them up to a higher level.

The S500 are good enough that I traded away my AT WS55. Are the WS99 significantly better than the WS55?

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5,517 of 8,352
Quote:
How powerful is the clamp on the s500? will they fall of while walking/jogging?

They're just fine for walking. I don't know about running....I don't run, unless being chased by an axe murderer.....lol.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5,518 of 8,352
Mar 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #5,520 of 8,352
Quote:

ha ha.....nobody can get the lipstick off of this pig! 
biggrin.gif

Keep them on meng, cuz you need it bad!!!
normal_smile .gif
Looks @ your avatar.
tongue.gif

Quote:
NNoooooooooowwwwwaaahhhh!! Damit you made me read all that.
I cannot agree on the es700 as an upgrade for you..
After listening to my s500 I feel if you prefer this sound it is more lower mid focused

the es700 has the sub bass but it's specialty lies in upper mids to treble,
So after listening to heavier s500 mids, you may find lower mids on the es700 not as pronounced.

^ Heeeeeee, just did some editing which made it much more smooth and grammatically proper, maybe you should re-read it again. hoho

Yeppp you are right, a total upgrade from these S500s would be the WS99s if you want even more/ better bass response.

The ES700s should be a more refined version of the S500s with better mids/ trebles.
Quote:
they haven't for me.
wink.gif

You people go running with your headphones?!!!        ((((dO.Ob)))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back