The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #14,867 of 18,652
  Maybe then You have sorted by Added (last copied) function? If You click on "now playing" and then up bar, it gives Title / Album / Artist / Added - options.
When I select by Directory an album, then it plays in right order but when I take now playing / Title, then it messes up right order and plays according to song name by alphabetical order.
When I select Album, then it turns songs into right order.
When I choose Added, then it turns list into "right" order but in reverse.

I tried to get it to sort it by album like yo describe from the "now playing", which is the right order but when I stop it and come back to it after turning it back on again, that's when the trouble starts and it reverts to the wrong order again

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #14,871 of 18,652
https://github.com/dm1try/dx50_sound_unlocked

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #14,872 of 18,652
Hi guys! I was trying to read all posts but is not easy...

Can you tell me if the new firmware makes good sound and if the bugs are sorted out and the system is fluid and no glitches?

Still has better sound than the fiio x3?

thanks!

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #14,873 of 18,652
1.5.0 is the best FW from iBasso yet but if You listen lossless files or only flac, then Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 is highly recommended regarding the sound. Some functions like gapless play and EQ wont work though but imho they are not needed and SU FW is best sounding out there yet.

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #14,874 of 18,652
Just installed sound unlocked 1.3.3 and I just checked the system info on the player and it says 1.5.0 is that still ok or should it say 1.3.3 I'm sure it don't matter but just thought I would check
Not sure if I hear any difference at the moment but to me the base seems to be thinner and not as strong .
So what changes have been made here I don't hear it to be honest am I missing something here guys
And it was said in previous post that eq won't work but mine does lol what's that about surely I have not downloaded the wrong version surely not .

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #14,875 of 18,652
Just installed sound unlocked 1.3.3 and I just checked the system info on the player and it says 1.5.0 is that still ok or should it say 1.3.3 I'm sure it don't matter but just thought I would check
Not sure if I hear any difference at the moment but to me the base seems to be thinner and not as strong .
So what changes have been made here I don't hear it to be honest am I missing something here guys
And it was said in previous post that eq won't work but mine does lol what's that about surely I have not downloaded the wrong version surely not .

Bass wise, I feel that stock 1.5.0 has more mid bass impact which hinders details slightly. Sound unlock to me is much cleaner and clearer sounding. With better sub bass extension which is tighter.

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #14,877 of 18,652
1.3.3 says 1.5.0 in system info because it is based on original 1.5.0. Did You even try FLAC-only mode from "secret" bootup selection screen? 
Turn lock ON while player is OFF, then turn player ON and those options appear, select Your preference and slide lock OFF - it resumes UI.
Of course it`s subjective... but imho Sound Unlocked @ FLAC-only is best sounding FW to DX50, period
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/the-ibasso-dx50-thread-latest-firmware-1-5-0/14775#post_10823900

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #14,878 of 18,652
had a bit of an anxiety last night to wake up and install the update unfortunately i woke up at he crack of dawn as you do
to install it, no breakfast either , my brain was not working lol .

after something to eat i have sorted it thank you its amazing will do some more listening but so far amazing ...... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back