The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Feb 7, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #18,647 of 18,652
Crazy, I don't see a link for a new post
I have an DX50 that keeps locking up after a couple of hours. Had latest firmware. Did a fact reset and no change. Any ideas out there to fix this. My Hidizs AP-80 has no output too. Down to two players now, (in the cars). These two are for the garage and motorcycle.
Thanks for reading and the reply in advance, BT

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #18,648 of 18,652
Sorry but Im an idiot, I am still using doc v3 and fw 1.2.9 (Is this right? Or I need to update official fw to 1.5.0), do I need to change anything as of 2023 Sep? Do I need this rockbox thingy? I just want it to sound as good as possible, I know it is subjective, but this current setup works fine for me with eq on (custom) anyone can help me if needed to upgrade step by step? As I dont wanna get it brick, Im stupid and I dont think I can fix it if it broke. ;d

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #18,649 of 18,652
Sorry but Im an idiot, I am still using doc v3 and fw 1.2.9 (Is this right? Or I need to update official fw to 1.5.0), do I need to change anything as of 2023 Sep? Do I need this rockbox thingy? I just want it to sound as good as possible, I know it is subjective, but this current setup works fine for me with eq on (custom) anyone can help me if needed to upgrade step by step? As I dont wanna get it brick, Im stupid and I dont think I can fix it if it broke. ;d
If you're happy as you are, then you could just keep it as it is? As far as I know Rockbox doesn't support as high a resolution and/or bit depth as the other fws; but if you want to try it or any of the others, there are plenty of instructions on here.. I don't think you'll brick it if you follow the instructions - I'm no expert but it all worked for me when I did as instructed. I suspect that if you're using EQ at all that will make a bigger difference than different fws.

Sep 10, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #18,652 of 18,652
Thank you guys I have try the 1.9.5 with rockbox, it's great, can create own EQ with specify band however when I tried to save the eq, after typing the name, what do I press? Anyway since this issue and also the trouble of navigating with unknown icons, I revert back to doc v3, by far is doc v3 the "Ok" one? What about the sound signature of v1 and v2 and BE? Thanks a million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back