The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #14,851 of 18,652
I too wasted many hours trying to get the USB DAC function to work too. Tried everything like disabling driver signing and it still didn't work. I gave up after about 3 hours. It's quite disappointing that they haven't released a signed driver for 64-bit systems after this long.

Same here, I actually "cursed" iBasso at that time because I was really disappointed with this problem + the iBasso website is down.

Did you try manually installing the driver? I had issues when I went to install it and I ended up having to do it manually to get it to work. Even after it installs properly the first time I find I have to repeat the steps every time I reconnect the device to my computer which is a bit painful.

I actually update the driver manually, uninstall, reinstall and even tried the digital signature stuff, still no luck on that.

And also one note - ibasso site had two different dirvers under different "clickable" texts. Not sure if they fixed those links. I think from one You got DX90 driver that also didn`t install on my w7x64.

Oh, I see, I didn't know that at first. I downloaded mine through a link on head-fi forum. Even though the site is down, the download link seem to work for me, and it stated "dx50 & dx90" on the file name so I assumed they were using the same driver.
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #14,852 of 18,652
Then it`s probably correct one You used. My downloaded driver (from ibasso site) folder name is "DX50&DX90_WindowsOS_USB-DAC_Driver_Beta2".

Sep 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #14,854 of 18,652
I'm having some issues with the play order. Its happened before on the other firmware but more regularly recently with the 1.5.0. The play order seems to be whacky, I'll listen to the first and/or second song in the folder, then it jumps to the other songs, so weird. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #14,855 of 18,652
I'm having some issues with the play order. Its happened before on the other firmware but more regularly recently with the 1.5.0. The play order seems to be whacky, I'll listen to the first and/or second song in the folder, then it jumps to the other songs, so weird. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

It's your tagging.  You may have to do some editing.  Once you get all of your tags sorted out, you should have no issues.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #14,856 of 18,652
  It's your tagging.  You may have to do some editing.  Once you get all of your tags sorted out, you should have no issues.

It might also depend on the order in which the files were copied to the player/card. I've seen such behaviour on different devices, which simply can't handle the files according to their file names or tags, but instead just read contents of a directory in order. This may be quite random even if the files would be in order in the source directory. The safest way to go round this "problem" would be to copy the files one by one in correct order, which really isn't an option with a large amount of data. Some systems have an option for the sorting of files/songs, but iBasso among many others doesn't have this luxury.

Sep 5, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #14,857 of 18,652

That's sounds like a lot of work on 60g of music

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #14,858 of 18,652
i saw the new firmware sound unlocked can you guys help me to understand how to install it on my dx50
the usual update firmware for the ibasso is a different file from the 7z file for sound unlocked ...
what is the procedure for this file can you please help 

thanks guys ...

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #14,859 of 18,652
  i saw the new firmware sound unlocked can you guys help me to understand how to install it on my dx50
the usual update firmware for the ibasso is a different file from the 7z file for sound unlocked ...
what is the procedure for this file can you please help 

thanks guys ...

i know the procedure will be somewhere on this site but for the life of me i cant find it ....

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #14,860 of 18,652
.7z is archived/packed file. You need to unpack it with winrar, winzip or 7zip and then follow usual update process.

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #14,861 of 18,652

My tags show the correct track numbers so I'm not sure why this is happening

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #14,862 of 18,652
Just for checking, are You sure that:
* Shuffle is off
* "Now playing" isn`t sorted by track name, album, artist, added - function?
* you file name may contain number but tag doesn`t have it?

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #14,863 of 18,652
* Shuffle is off

Thanks. I checked all those were correct. Made sure that the "Now playing" is correct before playing. I used a tag editor to check that the tracks are correctly numbered

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #14,864 of 18,652
* Shuffle is off

It seems to be trying to revert to playing the tracks in title order

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #14,865 of 18,652
Maybe then You have sorted by Added (last copied) function? If You click on "now playing" and then up bar, it gives Title / Album / Artist / Added - options.
When I select by Directory an album, then it plays in right order but when I take now playing / Title, then it messes up right order and plays according to song name by alphabetical order.
When I select Album, then it turns songs into right order.
When I choose Added, then it turns list into "right" order but in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back