The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
May 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #13,246 of 18,652
As I write this, I have 590 unread posts in this thread. I have been super busy lately and there's no sign of it slowing down anytime soon. That, combined with the fact that I don't even own a DX50 anymore, has me thinking that someone else should take over the reins on this thread. I'll still be happy to host mirrors for DX50 files though 
smile.gif

Any volunteers? All you have to do is keep the first post and the thread title up to date with the latest DX50 info and be a Head-Fi'er in good standing. Shoot me a PM if you're up for the job, this great thread deserves to be properly maintained.

May 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #13,247 of 18,652
I would do it if I wasn't so lazy :3

I swear the LO of my DX50 is starting to fail as there was a bit of channel imbalance which was fixed by a wriggle around of my interconnect.

May 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #13,248 of 18,652
I would do it if I wasn't so lazy :3

I swear the LO of my DX50 is starting to fail as there was a bit of channel imbalance which was fixed by a wriggle around of my interconnect.

The connector is getting flaky, you might have to open up the player in order to find out if you can split the connector leads. Not all connectors are accessible from the outside. I opened my now friend's DX50 a little while back but forgot how those connectors were designed. I changed the electrolytic caps for films and the sound got real flat and rely detailed at the mid-high but it was not burned in for too long. He just liked the sound compared to how it was previously, in my case I did not so I gifted the player to him. :wink:

If it breaks up like this you might have to send it for warrantee repairs.

Good luck!

May 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #13,249 of 18,652
As I write this, I have 590 unread posts in this thread. I have been super busy lately and there's no sign of it slowing down anytime soon. That, combined with the fact that I don't even own a DX50 anymore, has me thinking that someone else should take over the reins on this thread. I'll still be happy to host mirrors for DX50 files though :smile:

Any volunteers? All you have to do is keep the first post and the thread title up to date with the latest DX50 info and be a Head-Fi'er in good standing. Shoot me a PM if you're up for the job, this great thread deserves to be properly maintained.

PM again. :beerchug:

May 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #13,250 of 18,652
The connector is getting flaky, you might have to open up the player in order to find out if you can split the connector leads. Not all connectors are accessible from the outside. I opened my now friend's DX50 a little while back but forgot how those connectors were designed. I changed the electrolytic caps for films and the sound got real flat and rely detailed at the mid-high but it was not burned in for too long. He just liked the sound compared to how it was previously, in my case I did not so I gifted the player to him.
wink.gif

If it breaks up like this you might have to send it for warrantee repairs.

Good luck!

Ok thanks for the info. To be honest, I had a feeling this would happen sooner or later as soon as I noted the rather loose jacks that iBasso used for the DX50 but it's a shame my prediction came true 
frown.gif

May 21, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #13,252 of 18,652
Any news regarding the new firmware for the dx50? I heard that it should be released soon with dac USB support!

Last I heard of was end of the month which is approaching real fast but are they going to have the 64-bit version? That is debatable.

I am back to 1.2.8, much much better. The sound is less thin, wider and enjoyable. The only thing I ask is for iBasso to remove the random volume spike which version 2.0.does not have and no more click/pops other than the standard relay going on and off on startup and shutdown, last the USB function preferably 64-bit. Then I can move on with my music life. :cool:

May 22, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #13,253 of 18,652
The thread owner has now been changed to musicheaven. 
smile.gif

May 22, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #13,254 of 18,652
The thread owner has now been changed to musicheaven. :smile:

Thanks @Currawong, really appreciate the transfer (might regret it later but for now :D ). I'll do my best to keep the thread up to date and a huge thank you to @Sorensiim for making it what it is now, big shoes to fill. I also wish him success with the DX90, a fine dual Sabre machine. Ok back to regularly scheduled programming :)

May 22, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #13,255 of 18,652
Thanks @Currawong, really appreciate the transfer (might regret it later but for now
biggrin.gif
). I'll do my best to keep the thread up to date and a huge thank you to @Sorensiim for making it what it is now, big shoes to fill. I also wish him success with the DX90, a fine dual Sabre machine. Ok back to regularly scheduled programming
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for taking over, I just can't keep up with Head-Fi these days and this thread deserves proper attention 
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #13,260 of 18,652
Do i need to format my 64gig sandisk class 10 sdxc card before using? Sorry if this question was answered before. I would appreciate your answer.
No you shouldn't need to format your card.....I have used both 64Gb and 128Gb Micro SDXC cards straight out of the packet without any issues. The DX50 will work with both Fat32 and ex-FAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back