The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #7,219 of 18,652
+1

I totally agree!

Registered today to share this opinion.
Tried fw 1.2.5 for almost a week with multiple headsets (Beyerdynamic 880 premium, Shure SE 215 & 535, Focal Spirit One). Yesterday returned to fw 1.2.2 and what an improvement in SQ it is. The only thing I liked better in 1.2.5 was the new battery indicator...
I hope with the next fw it´s an upgrade in SQ instead of a downgrade.

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #7,223 of 18,652
  +1

I totally agree!

Registered today to share this opinion.
Tried fw 1.2.5 for almost a week with multiple headsets (Beyerdynamic 880 premium, Shure SE 215 & 535, Focal Spirit One). Yesterday returned to fw 1.2.2 and what an improvement in SQ it is. The only thing I liked better in 1.2.5 was the new battery indicator...
I hope with the next fw it´s an upgrade in SQ instead of a downgrade.

Yeah you´re right FW1.2.2 needs a better battery indicator and more presicion...

I have always believed that if its not broken don't fix it........1.2.2 is as far as I have upgraded FW and I have a fear of change when so many have said problems and audio changes with 1.2.5 have occurred, and not for the better.  Therefore, I shall stay with 1.2.2 until I hear that any changes will not jeopardize what works.  I was 3rd batch so have upgraded to where it works for me.........

That ist the way I fell about it, I like 1.2.2, it works the way I like and the music signature please me, so iBasso if you´re thinking to do an upgrade you should be looking around 1.2.2

Today i downloaded fw 1.2.5 to My DX 50
I heard Only 5 variative songs than i Return to My previous fw 1.2.2

In My opinion : fw 1.2.2 is better than The latest fw 1.2.5 In term
Fw 1.2.5
High : is not as Clear and clean abd not so focus
Mid : First time i heard more natural , After a White is lacik OF clarity , not clean and clear.
Bass : a bit Boomy , fw 1.2.2 has better bass impact and detail
Separation : is not as Clear like fw 1.2.2
Soundstage : fw 1.2.2 wider and deeper

Overall : fw 1.2.2 SQ is more pronounce and more Clear and clean and has better Speed
Fw 1.2.5 is so bort For Me

IMO

Please Share Your opinion Here

The way you hear things is amazing I can´t compare my ears to yours sir, but thanks for the comments Rudi

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #7,226 of 18,652

I couldn't justify paying 24$ for the case to be couriered when it cost 8$..took the 5$ airmail myself,ibasso shipped a batch of those yesterday... :)

I travel a lot and want to be here when it does come not sitting on my doorstep for a couple of weeks while I work. Order 3 of them so I have spares when/if  one starts to rip. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #7,227 of 18,652

I travel a lot and want to be here when it does come not sitting on my doorstep for a couple of weeks while I work. Order 3 of them so I have spares when/if  one starts to rip. 

cool,do throw up some pics of them when they arrive so we can have a look :)

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #7,228 of 18,652

cool,do throw up some pics of them when they arrive so we can have a look :)

If it looks like they will hold up might let one go. If there is anybody in South Africa or Australia who needs one I bring it with me when I am there in Jan and Feb.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #7,230 of 18,652
I wonder what firmware my 9th batch will come with. It's already in Ohio, which means it might get to Montreal tomorrow and out for delivery friday! I can only hope!

Unfortunatley my OTG cable is coming extremely slowly from china probably (from ebay) so my entire jazz collection, which is on my USB stick, will have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back