THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Mar 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #1,501 of 2,209

Thanks everyone, however I'm still at where I started. I really was between the nuforce, vsd1s and ATHim50 lol. I suppose after spending as much time on the forum as we all have we would have the same suggestions/conclusions on budget IEMs. I'll have to just run them all by him.

^ If he doesn't mind used sets, this dood got some pretty good deals.

Maybe you can try and offer him $70- $75 for the the ATH IM70.
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710456/various-iems-clearout

The Yama EPH-100 for $75 is decent, although they don't really seem to best the JVC FXD80 much or if at all, and have seen the FXD80 go for as low as $40 on the sales forums so......

There is also a used set of RHA MA750s for $100 on the sales forums, but maybe you can offer like $80-$85 cuz they normally go for $100 new anyways. :)

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,502 of 2,209

^ If he doesn't mind used sets, this dood got some pretty good deals.

Maybe you can try and offer him $70- $75 for the the ATH IM70.
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710456/various-iems-clearout

The Yama EPH-100 for $75 is decent, although they don't really seem to best the JVC FXD80 much or if at all, and have seen the FXD80 go for as low as $40 on the sales forums so......

There is also a used set of RHA MA750s for $100 on the sales forums, but maybe you can offer like $80-$85 cuz they normally go for $100 new anyways. :)

Thanks for the link. After looking his prices are pretty bad. Doesn't sound like he wants to budge much either, but I'll see. Also although my brother and I (twins actually) both like bass, I think the 750s are a bit much on the bass scale for me atleast. 

As an aside, does anyone have experience with itunes cutting off songs by about 5 seconds? They are not set to end early. I know itunes sucks, etc. but I'm on a mac and wont be bothered to use something else. I have amarra running with it as well, which Im mixed on to be honest, its quite the ram hog. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #1,503 of 2,209

Thanks for the link. After looking his prices are pretty bad. Doesn't sound like he wants to budge much either, but I'll see. Also although my brother and I (twins actually) both like bass, I think the 750s are a bit much on the bass scale for me atleast. 

As an aside, does anyone have experience with itunes cutting off songs by about 5 seconds? They are not set to end early. I know itunes sucks, etc. but I'm on a mac and wont be bothered to use something else. I have amarra running with it as well, which Im mixed on to be honest, its quite the ram hog. 

^ Welp if he is not willing to budge on the prices why bother to have the "best offer" option, guess some peps i just don't understand???
rolleyes.gif

And you can get those MI-70s new for $100 straight fro Jpn, so why you anyone in their right mind pay the same price for a used set.

Just try to offer him paypal gifted so he can save on some fees and see if he can give ya' a better price, cuz the M200s for $120 is good, the RE400s is decent and the rest is pretty meh, but if you can knock down $20 more dollars it is worth trying. $10 at least. LoL

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,504 of 2,209

^ Welp if he is not willing to budge on the prices why bother to have the "best offer" option, guess some peps i just don't understand???
rolleyes.gif

And you can get those MI-70s new for $100 straight fro Jpn, so why you anyone in their right mind pay the same price for a used set.

Just try to offer him paypal gifted so he can save on some fees and see if he can give ya' a better price, cuz the M200s for $120 is good, the RE400s is decent and the rest is pretty meh, but if you can knock down $20 more dollars it is worth trying. $10 at least. LoL

I just based that off of the fact that he said if he cant get close to what hes asking he would rather keep the IEM. Now, normally this is just a ploy to get someone to offer higher than they would normally want, however he specifically named the two IEMs I would have interest in, so its plausible he actually would just keep them. I would rather get IM70s for 105 dollars from japan than for 80 dollars used. I know that sounds silly because these would come from the US, but still, when you're under 100 dollars it has to be worth it for me to buy used.

Im settled on the nuforce for my brother, as I have the gr07 be, and I know he probably wont want something that looks like mine hahahahahaha plus its been like 8 months and my right nozzle is very loose. I know the vsd1 have an adjustable nozzle as well, and personally i hate it because I like the standard position, and would rather not have the possibility of it being loose and fudging everything up. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #1,505 of 2,209

I just based that off of the fact that he said if he cant get close to what hes asking he would rather keep the IEM. Now, normally this is just a ploy to get someone to offer higher than they would normally want, however he specifically named the two IEMs I would have interest in, so its plausible he actually would just keep them. I would rather get IM70s for 105 dollars from japan than for 80 dollars used. I know that sounds silly because these would come from the US, but still, when you're under 100 dollars it has to be worth it for me to buy used.

Im settled on the nuforce for my brother, as I have the gr07 be, and I know he probably wont want something that looks like mine hahahahahaha plus its been like 8 months and my right nozzle is very loose. I know the vsd1 have an adjustable nozzle as well, and personally i hate it because I like the standard position, and would rather not have the possibility of it being loose and fudging everything up. 

^ Good pick but if you can get the IM70s used for $75 to $80 used like new i would pick that over a new set of Nuforce NE700 tbh, cuz those will run you like $65 new. But if you shop around you can probably get them for less.

Seen the NE700Xs for as low as $35 used like-new on the forums here so.......... you do the math.  Best for ya' to just get the IM 50s for him and the IM 70s for yourself from amazon jpn, and use tenson so you can save on shipping for both. Just a thought if the prices on amazon jpn is cheaper.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #1,506 of 2,209

^ Good pick but if you can get the IM70s used for $75 to $80 used like new i would pick that over a new set of Nuforce NE700 tbh, cuz those will run you like $65 new. But if you shop around you can probably get them for less.

Seen the NE700Xs for as low as $35 used like-new on the forums here so.......... you do the math.  Best for ya' to just get the IM 50s for him and the IM 70s for yourself from amazon jpn, and use tenson so you can save on shipping for both. Just a thought if the prices on amazon jpn is cheaper.

ne700 for 48 on sonic electrix. I would rather he get the im50, but i can't actually make him get anything. As for myself, I don't need a pair :p but I will say I do hope that the d1ks drop in price when the d2ks come out....
cool.gif
. Fortunately none of this is running me anything, as he is buying them. Im still in pretend land thinking about getting a full sized set of cans lol. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #1,507 of 2,209

ne700 for 48 on sonic electrix. I would rather he get the im50, but i can't actually make him get anything. As for myself, I don't need a pair :p but I will say I do hope that the d1ks drop in price when the d2ks come out....
cool.gif
. Fortunately none of this is running me anything, as he is buying them. Im still in pretend land thinking about getting a full sized set of cans lol. 

this word "need" is forbidden in the forums.
ph34r.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,508 of 2,209
  this word "need" is forbidden in the forums.
ph34r.gif

IM TRYING TO REINTRODUCE IT. It isn't that I don't have the money to spend on some new gear...its I seemingly have more trouble parting with it than MANY people on this forum, and this thread :p. However, seeing that my right ear is pretty much rejecting all IEMs right now, I do need to get a pair of over ears. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #1,509 of 2,209

IM TRYING TO REINTRODUCE IT. It isn't that I don't have the money to spend on some new gear...its I seemingly have more trouble parting with it than MANY people on this forum, and this thread :p. However, seeing that my right ear is pretty much rejecting all IEMs right now, I do need to get a pair of over ears. 

^
................................ did i read what i think i just read.
very_evil_smiley.gif

There is no "need" for ANYTHING it's all WANT!!! : P

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,510 of 2,209

Yeah swollen canal syndrome. Lucky you dont have the Teac's then. Over ear is definitely a necessity for those times. It's a health thing.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #1,511 of 2,209
  ^
................................ did i read what i think i just read.
very_evil_smiley.gif

There is no "need" for ANYTHING it's all WANT!!! : P

Nah, I would argue I needed new IEMs to make my mile walk to school enjoyable :D. Now that I have the gr07 be.....I haven't bought anything since. Just spent countless hours learning about other crap on this forum. SO when I do "want" to buy something else....I'll be informed. Honestly once I bought my vsonics I thought I wouldn't come back to the forum, and here I am, but unlike many I haven't purchased anything else. Well.....I did get a pair of meelectronic a161ps for 40 bucks...but it was too good a deal not to get for a pair of workout iems. 

Yeah swollen canal syndrome. Lucky you dont have the Teac's then. Over ear is definitely a necessity for those times. It's a health thing.

IS THAT A THING? Jesus I thought it was swollen. Phew. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #1,512 of 2,209

Nah, I would argue I needed new IEMs to make my mile walk to school enjoyable :D. Now that I have the gr07 be.....I haven't bought anything since. Just spent countless hours learning about other crap on this forum. SO when I do "want" to buy something else....I'll be informed. Honestly once I bought my vsonics I thought I wouldn't come back to the forum, and here I am, but unlike many I haven't purchased anything else. Well.....I did get a pair of meelectronic a161ps for 40 bucks...but it was too good a deal not to get for a pair of workout iems. 

IS THAT A THING? Jesus I thought it was swollen. Phew. 

If it lasts for more than a few days get on to the doc for some drops.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #1,513 of 2,209

If it lasts for more than a few days get on to the doc for some drops.

Thanks. Im probably a couple days passed that point now hahaha, I'll do that.

That logjams thread is now thoroughly enjoyable...even if I don't own a pair 
beerchug.gif

I feel like there are more adds on the forum now.....but that is likely just my imagination. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #1,514 of 2,209

Thanks. Im probably a couple days passed that point now hahaha, I'll do that.

That logjams thread is now thoroughly enjoyable...even if I don't own a pair 
beerchug.gif

I feel like there are more adds on the forum now.....but that is likely just my imagination. 

^ LMAO your arse don't even own a set smh.
rolleyes.gif

Nah those damn ads just got "smarter" cuz it was even able to bypass my Nokia N9 meego OS which is dead in the grave with ZERO support. LoL

But i don't see them no mo's was only for a day. haha And it was driving me MAD!!!

On my comp i gots to use ad block as on/ etc on firefox or else i can not stand all the AD MADNESS here. I even saw ads for adidas shoes. TroLoLoLoLoLoLO

How is that 'ish even audio related, at least i can understand if it was so. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeish!!!

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #1,515 of 2,209

^ LMAO your arse don't even own a set smh.
rolleyes.gif

Nah those damn ads just got "smarter" cuz it was even able to bypass my Nokia N9 meego OS which is dead in the grave with ZERO support. LoL

But i don't see them no mo's was only for a day. haha And it was driving me MAD!!!

On my comp i gots to use ad block as on/ etc on firefox or else i can not stand all the AD MADNESS here. I even saw ads for adidas shoes. TroLoLoLoLoLoLO

How is that 'ish even audio related, at least i can understand if it was so. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeish!!!

I swear I spend 10 minutes on monoprice and now I get the same add for a 1.5ft rca to rca forever. Lol you knew I didn't own a pair and I still trolled all over that thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back