The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 7, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #1,606 of 12,991

*Red Leader to Bass, disengaging from pursuit, copy that, over*
biggrin.gif

Be advised Red leader... Slide into a holding pattern and engage  if target is confirmed. Picking up mixed signals at this stage....over.
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #1,607 of 12,991
a 70mm [COLOR=B22222]ring shaped[/COLOR]......transducer...a.k.a shaker. Sounds really interesting but forking over 600ish for bassheads seems a reach and audiophiles will balk at over emphasis of the low end. 

Here's to hoping it's a legend .....it's slow pic leaking is like gareth Edwards Godzilla so that's a good start:D  

Fingers crossed SONY have a Godzilla on their hands and are justifiably slo mo-ing with the teasers? :D

(Always lol hard when viewing your diary thread pic of Godzilla - "GET OFF MY LAWN!") :D

Be advised Red leader... Slide into a holding pattern and engage if target is confirmed. Picking up mixed signals at this stage....over.:D

*Roger that, over*

giphy.gif

*Continuing holding pursuit on foot with DisCHORDDubstep as we've ran out of gas and out of Bit Coins, but still holding in hot pursuit with back up....but maann, these tights are chafing me already....* :D

giphy.gif

Forgot to mention in "Other News"

Beats Mixr Colr range is now released, however this will likely be the last release of current mixr model as mixr 2 is coming shortly :eek:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/HPnNTiNY-f4[/VIDEO]​

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,608 of 12,991
Friday re-post  (Japan time)
 ​
 ​

TOP 10 for August 2014 

1. J.V.C HA-SZ2000 

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT

Impedance:16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: Veiled , Poor stock pads.

Vid 1  Vid 2

2. FOSTEX TH900

Driver size: 50mm dia Nd magnet

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 
EQ: Needs (raise bass only)
Genre' Anything
Weakness:...Price?

vid

3. FOSTEX TH600

Driver size: Driver:50mm dia Nd magnet / bio-dynamic diaphragm

Impedance 25 Ohm
Amp Headroom: 
Genre' Anything

Weakness:.

vid

4. J.V.C HA-SZ1000

Driver size: 55mm "Sub-woofer"/ 30mm CNT                                                                                                        

​
Impedance 16 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Exceptional +30dB @45Hz
Genre' (anything)
Weakness: less veiled than sz2k but veiled , Poor stock pads.

vid  vid2

5. Sony XB1000

Driver size: 70mm Mylar (PET) 

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (HipHop/EDM/?)
Weakness:pillow pads absorb too much of the hit.

vid

6. Sony XB700

Driver size: 50mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 24 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good +18dB @45Hz
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM)
Weakness: Pillow pads absorb too much of the hit. 

vid

7. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz
EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass.

vid

8. HPH Yamaha Pro 500

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:pad size (shallow)

vid

9. V-Moda M100

Impedance 32 Ohm
Amp Headroom: (?)
Genre' (Anything)
Weakness:stock pads shallow  

vid

10. ATH - PRO 700MK2

Driver size: 53mm  Mylar (PET)

Impedance 38 Ohm
Amp Headroom: ?
EQ: Needs (raise bass only,?)
Genre' (Hip-Hop/EDM/?)
Weakness: Pad depth. Different pairs very different sound?

vid

HARDWARE USED 

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

* All cans tested using identical hardware and setting by 2 different Head-fi'ers  besides Yamaha Pro 500

Tracks used

An additional Bass mega mix created by cb was used for a final battle between the sz2k and the TH900

Notes & Thoughts

Never saw the "TH" Bash brothers coming. I have heard and been impressed but it took an owner to put them through the motions to confirm that they are not only epic audiophile cans they have enormous low end power.
If you're a basshead and want your cake (bass) and eat it too (Hi fidelity sound along with it)...the TH series wait for you...and your money
wink.gif

Every can on this list is owned by a single owner and were compared in exactly the same manner. On the ear to confirm what the Paper test shows. That's a nice visual to enjoy. The settings were identical. Personal bias was overcome. I know 1 user who would have loved to have seen those hand glazed cups at #1. Never think this is about anything but bass. Lotta work and communication goes on that you never see.  Most thought out comprehensive, accurately compared list of bass cans on the internet by a very wide margin.

Enjoy.

NOT TOP 10, BUT STILL RECOMMENDED!

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Drivers: 40mm

Form: Over Ear

Frequency Response: 8Hz-30kHz

Sensitivity: 115dB

Impedance: 95 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 20HZ-20KHZ

Sensitivity: 110db

Impedance: 32 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 20Hz-23kHz

Sensitivity: 110dB

Impedance: 16 ohms

Video

Form: On Ear

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: Not Specified

Video

Frequency Response: 10Hz-20KHz

Sensitivity: 110db

Impedance: 64 ohms

Video

Drivers: 50mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-30KHz

Sensitivity: 107db

Video

Frequency Response: 10Hz-22kHz

Sensitivity: 100dB

Impedance: 24 ohms

Video

Frequency Response: 3Hz-28kHz

Sensitivity: 106db

Impedance: 24 ohms

Video

Drivers: 57mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: 108dB

Video

Drivers: 57mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-30kHz

Sensitivity: 107dB

Video

Frequency Response: 5Hz-32kHz

Sensitivity: 115dB

Drivers: 53mm

Frequency Response: 5Hz-35kHz

Sensitivity: 106dB

Impedance: 68 ohms

Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz

Sensitivity: Not specified

Edited by cb3723 - 8/4/14 at 11:54pm

This is a collection of the hardest hitting cans. Nothing more.
There are no links provided. We do not do sales by proxy. Find your own links.
You proceed with the knowledge that nothing is better than a personal listening experience.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #1,609 of 12,991
The Red Monster Octagon + their 24K ones look excellent.
If they at least sound similar to the NPulse, I'm willing to try them.

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,610 of 12,991
The Red Monster Octagon + their 24K ones look excellent.
If they at least sound similar to the NPulse, I'm willing to try them.

In reply to your query regarding American Audio HP550 - yes mids and highs need pushing hard with EQ to get to a "normal" level, but still a good headphone if you can pick it up at a bargain price.

Yeah, I'm liking the Monster 24k's too - they feature rotating arm for DJ monitoring use and appear to come very nicely accessorised :)

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,611 of 12,991
In reply to your query regarding American Audio HP550 - yes mids and highs need pushing hard with EQ to get to a "normal" level, but still a good headphone if you can pick it up at a bargain price.

Yeah, I'm liking the Monster 24k's too - they feature rotating arm for DJ monitoring use and appear to come very nicely accessorised
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! I actually have the American Audio on Amazon's cart waiting for one of those amazon's specials to come along... LOL :)

Yeah, definitely similar to the NPulse (packaging and content as well...) but Monster seems to never post Specs on their pages... (i.e. not sure if they are using the same/similar drivers)

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #1,612 of 12,991
Thanks! I actually have the American Audio on Amazon's cart waiting for one of those amazon's specials to come along... LOL :)

Yeah, definitely similar to the NPulse (packaging and content as well...) but Monster seems to never post Specs on their pages... (i.e. not sure if they are using the same/similar drivers)
oh... I thought they were just gold painted N-Pulses lol, and not a "new" product?

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #1,613 of 12,991
oh... I thought they were just gold painted N-Pulses lol, and not a "new" product?

Don't know, but gold is the new black in headphone high couture - avant guarde gold is inspired from the hip-hop mould where style and attitude is bold to behold :wink:

Fashion brand Ted Baker is even giving the goldfinger touch to new audio division which sees their first headphone offering, the "Rockall" available in gold theme.

imagejpg1-101.jpg

Haven't heard the TB Rockall myself but reviews I've read so far suggest a warm but more balanced sound that retains good levels of detail, claiming TB are taking their new audio division very seriously, stating the Rockall has been designed from the ground up, from scratch, rather than just sticking their name on any old OEM manufacturers headphone - build quality is also given good marks, if you can believe current reviews currently out there.

imagejpg1-102.jpg
imagejpg2-16.jpg

Two other colour schemes available - black & brown.

No idea of driver size, freq response etc, so difficult to say whether it has headroom potential as possible basshead headphone - can't rule it out, but I'd chance a guess that it's likely not going to be, but you never know till you know - I know that for sure :wink:

I like the styling/design of the Rockall with black colour theme, just going by appearance :)

Only place I know they're available from in UK is here: http://www.johnlewis.com/ted-baker-rockall-on-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote/p1485084?colour=Black#tooltip

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,614 of 12,991
That moment when you realize all of the top ten bass headphones are from Japanese companies.
com-abed-realization.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #1,616 of 12,991
Aug 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,617 of 12,991
Don't know, but gold is the new black in headphone high couture - avant guarde gold is inspired from the hip-hop mould where style and attitude is bold to behold :wink:

Fashion brand Ted Baker is even giving the goldfinger touch to new audio division which sees their first headphone offering, the "Rockall" available in gold theme.

imagejpg1-101.jpg

Haven't heard the TB Rockall myself but reviews I've read so far suggest a warm but more balanced sound that retains good levels of detail, claiming TB are taking their new audio division very seriously, stating the Rockall has been designed from the ground up, from scratch, rather than just sticking their name on any old OEM manufacturers headphone - build quality is also given good marks, if you can believe current reviews currently out there.

imagejpg1-102.jpg
imagejpg2-16.jpg

Two other colour schemes available - black & brown.

No idea of driver size, freq response etc, so difficult to say whether it has headroom potential as possible basshead headphone - can't rule it out, but I'd chance a guess that it's likely not going to be, but you never know till you know - I know that for sure :wink:

I like the styling/design of the Rockall with black colour theme, just going by appearance :)

Only place I know they're available from in UK is here: http://www.johnlewis.com/ted-baker-rockall-on-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote/p1485084?colour=Black#tooltip
200_s.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back