The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,621 of 12,991

[Mod Edit: Please note "Jap" is derogatory]
cause the japanese love taking extreme to the next level.  ie kamikazes

barely...
rolleyes.gif

Man...on every level

The got innovation falling out their ass but market like ****. They are generally horrific at marketing. Personal audio players ...market gone....flat panel screen production...gone.... 
Ideas O" plenty over here but the execution and delivery to public is so bad. The Sony flag**** build up is gonna leave folks with a big What
blink.gif
 (I am predicting)

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #1,622 of 12,991
Man...on every level

The got innovation falling out their ass but market like ****. They are generally horrific at marketing. Personal audio players ...market gone....flat panel screen production...gone.... 
Ideas O" plenty over here but the execution and delivery to public is so bad. The Sony flag**** build up is gonna leave folks with a big What:blink:  (I am predicting)

But I want to believe SONY can do something beautiful :xf_eek:

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,623 of 12,991

But I want to believe SONY can do something beautiful
redface.gif

They already did..

The best in it's class ever by many audiophiles estimations.

And they make 70mm driver headphones.

VIVA LA SONY!!!!
I wanna be wrong about the Godzilla cans,,,,,,I wanna be wrong. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #1,624 of 12,991
They already did..

The best in it's class ever by many audiophiles estimations.

And they make 70mm driver headphones.

VIVA LA SONY!!!!
I wanna be wrong about the Godzilla cans,,,,,,I wanna be wrong. 

These were made when?

1980-something?

I think they sell for big bucks still on the second user market whenever one turns up for sale - would love to hear them (and bass/paper test them :evil: )

Yeah - here's hoping SONY produce a genuine "GET OFF MY LAWN" set of monster cans to set the world on fire and bassheads a subterranean bass experience :D

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,625 of 12,991
Aug 7, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #1,626 of 12,991
The best bass I've ever heard would have to be in the TH900.

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #1,627 of 12,991
These were made when?

1980-something?

I think they sell for big bucks still on the second user market whenever one turns up for sale - would love to hear them (and bass/paper test them :evil: )

Yeah - here's hoping SONY produce a genuine "GET OFF MY LAWN" set of monster cans to set the world on fire and bassheads a subterranean bass experience :D
reading into it, 3,000 Sony MDR-R10's were made, (the wooden one hbb posted a pic of) and they only occasionally go up for sale, and cost usually around 6,000$... *whistles*

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #1,629 of 12,991
   Their tests were very impressive and the listening is legendary.
I believe Jude has a set infront of him on the front page of Head-fi now.
They are EPIC.

Yea I love mine too!

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,634 of 12,991
The best bass I've ever heard would have to be in the TH900.

The crazy thing is my Lawton modded D7000 is a match for my formerly owned TH900, also with Lawton mods.

Which makes sense since it's the same chassis.

Really, the D5000 I have stock is awfully close to my D7000 as well, just not as crisp (Lawton mods do make a difference).

Gents, out of vintage amps with tone controls used and loudness switch thrown these Denon/Fostex cans are epic and sound incredible.

Then we throw on the D7100...........another thumper to rival the earlier brethren.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,635 of 12,991
The crazy thing is my Lawton modded D7000 is a match for my formerly owned TH900, also with Lawton mods.

Which makes sense since it's the same chassis.

Really, the D5000 I have stock is awfully close to my D7000 as well, just not as crisp (Lawton mods do make a difference).

Gents, out of vintage amps with tone controls used and loudness switch thrown these Denon/Fostex cans are epic and sound incredible.

Then we throw on the D7100...........another thumper to rival the earlier brethren.

How dare you say anything negative about my TH900s (I'm kidding of course)!  That's interesting though about the Lawton mods.  I've only heard the D7100 for a relatively short period (10min) but I do remember the bass impact being as "rock your skull" as the D600 but I would still give the nod to the TH900 for better bass detail (my opinion of course).  I really wish Denon would drastically lower the price on the D7100 as I liked them more than the HD700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back