The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 8, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #7,606 of 17,484

Rio PMP300?

I rather like portable HiRez FLAC player, USB DAC and HP amp all in one, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has had no problems.

I do to and despite it`s finicky nature the X3 has enough high quality sound for me to stick with it. My particular unit seemed to have more issues than others, issues that Fiio said should not be happening and after weeks of daily emails with Fiio tech support, Fiio and myself finally gave up on my X3 and a new one should be at my door in the next day or two.

I want to give a two thumps up to Fiio tech support, they were there for me and we worked together daily, they understood my issues and concerns and never tired at trying to get my X3 working the way it was intended. I have never had this kind of support from ANY audio company. So thanks Fiio support & tech for all your efforts.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #7,607 of 17,484
hey guys .....my  x3 on its way and i want to get a charger for it ....i saw iluv charger with 2 usb ports one of them rated 2 Amp and the other rated 1Amp ..for charging ipad & iphone at the same time ....but it is rated about 15 watt .....so i don't know is that will hurt fiio x3 or what ??

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #7,608 of 17,484
Power = current x voltage
USB voltage = 5V
Current =2+1=3A
Power = 5x3=15Watts
Nothing out of the ordinary there... :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 8, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #7,609 of 17,484
Power = current x voltage
USB voltage = 5V
Current =2+1=3A
Power = 5x3=15Watts
Nothing out of the ordinary there...
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks a lot 
regular_smile .gif
 so i can put fiio x3 in the 2amp port safly

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #7,610 of 17,484
Which case does everyone use with their X3??

I've got one coming and I'm wondering how I will protect it. I read on many sites that the leather case is really badly made and people should avoid it at all costs! The only other thing I could find is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X3-Digital-Player-Silicon-Case-BLACK/dp/B00EYCP5K0

EDIT: On second thought, I'm actually thinking of getting the blue one from here:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=14230&utm_campaign=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_content=Fiio_X3_Digital_Music_Player_Silicon_Case_Colour_BLUE&gclid=CMCPn_237rsCFabLtAodayYAUw

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #7,611 of 17,484
  Which case does everyone use with their X3??

I've got one coming and I'm wondering how I will protect it. I read on many sites that the leather case is really badly made and people should avoid it at all costs! The only other thing I could find is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X3-Digital-Player-Silicon-Case-BLACK/dp/B00EYCP5K0

EDIT: On second thought, I'm actually thinking of getting the blue one from here:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=14230&utm_campaign=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_content=Fiio_X3_Digital_Music_Player_Silicon_Case_Colour_BLUE&gclid=CMCPn_237rsCFabLtAodayYAUw

There's a silicone case that comes with the X3. I imagine most people here use that if any case. It's not quite adequate to handle a real drop, but I think it's more to prevent scratches.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #7,612 of 17,484

There's a silicone case that comes with the X3. I imagine most people here use that if any case. It's not quite adequate to handle a real drop, but I think it's more to prevent scratches.

Right, thanks for that!

I'm guessing everyone gets the black one as stock.

So there is no point me getting the blue one, if only for the colour right?

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #7,613 of 17,484

Right, thanks for that!

I'm guessing everyone gets the black one as stock.

So there is no point me getting the blue one, if only for the colour right?

The case is clear so it ends up looking pretty black anyway. If blue really floats your boat, go for it.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #7,615 of 17,484

The case is clear so it ends up looking pretty black anyway. If blue really floats your boat, go for it.

I see, so the clear one seems to be included.

Oh yeah, the blue one seems to look sweet. The only thing I wish is that there was a cut out where the buttons are. I'm sure its not easy to press them through the case.

I think the white one comes as stock. At least it did with my X3...

Cool beans.

I think the blue on is pretty cool though.

PS. Has anyone bought any other cases for it? Perhaps someone has tried the leather one?

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #7,616 of 17,484
I'd like to know as well, as less than 5 minutes after my previous post, I ripped the case of my X3 while putting it back on after a memory card swap...
it ripped from the right top corner of the screen opening to the headphone connector opening...

If no other suggestions come up I will probably order one of those black cases (or beg for one at my supplier to include one with my next headphone purchase :p)

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #7,617 of 17,484
Gapless playback, does it work? Maybe, if it isn't working it isn't bothersome. The music sounds great and this little two hundred dollar player pleases the hell out of my ears.

I kind of get that but for concept albums like Dark Side of the Moon or The Snow Goose or some classical music recordings or pretty much anything by FSoL where all the songs blend into one another it would bother me. But if they can be ripped as a single FLAC and played that way I guess it's not a problem for those of us who still have all our CDs, unless you count the fact that you can't buy digital downloads as single FLAC files with cue sheets. But then, if I just want to hear the track Money from DSotM, if the X3 doesn't support .cue, .m3u or .sxpf I'd have to fast forward through the album to get to it. Plus, if there is a search feature (I don't know how the X3 database works or what it's for.) it would have to be cue-sheet-aware also as it could no longer be assumed that for every track name there is a corresponding file name.

Which I could live with if I thought it was an issue that would be addressed in the future. I guess I could live with any gaps while I'm out and about and just use the X3 as a DAC/AMP at home.

I know I'm bitching a lot for someone who doesn't even own a X3 yet but if, or more likely when because in my price range I don't really have much alternative, I do buy an X3 it'll be my only source of Hi Fi. I don't have a seperates system at home any more, frankly I don't even have my own home or my entire CD collection anymore. (Recession, Ex-partner)

B.

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #7,618 of 17,484
Ha, its here and first impressions count, rather sleek and alluring in a black metal box sort of way.

Stick it on charge and the Fiio logo goes all psychodelic... ooh, shiny. That is.. understated but a bit bling all at once. I think I will put it back in the box and just savour these moments *sigh*

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #7,619 of 17,484
I'd like to know as well, as less than 5 minutes after my previous post, I ripped the case of my X3 while putting it back on after a memory card swap...
it ripped from the right top corner of the screen opening to the headphone connector opening...

If no other suggestions come up I will probably order one of those black cases (or beg for one at my supplier to include one with my next headphone purchase :p)
If its not an emergency. Contact Fiio.

They said they offer free accessory replacement previously. You only have to pay a low cost to cover shipping. I dont know if they will replace the clear case though as it is sold as an additonal accessory as well(by them or a third party?) anyway. If they do include it in the free replacement plan. You could have them include some other broken or missing stuff. Lost a band? Need more rubber pegs? Another screen protector? Stuff like that.

Keep in mind it will take at the VERY least 1.5 weeks to show up and most likely more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back