The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 8, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #7,621 of 17,484
Keep in mind it will take at the VERY least 1.5 weeks to show up and most likely more.

Its just easier to buy another one instead of waiting an age for a freebie IMO. They are cheap enough anyways.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #7,623 of 17,484
  Which case does everyone use with their X3??

I've got one coming and I'm wondering how I will protect it. I read on many sites that the leather case is really badly made and people should avoid it at all costs! The only other thing I could find is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X3-Digital-Player-Silicon-Case-BLACK/dp/B00EYCP5K0

EDIT: On second thought, I'm actually thinking of getting the blue one from here:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=14230&utm_campaign=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_content=Fiio_X3_Digital_Music_Player_Silicon_Case_Colour_BLUE&gclid=CMCPn_237rsCFabLtAodayYAUw

I just found this:

http://tuff-luv.com/faux-leather-case-belt-clip-for-fioo-x3-walkman-screen-protector-black.html

Looks interesting...

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #7,624 of 17,484

I just found this:

http://tuff-luv.com/faux-leather-case-belt-clip-for-fioo-x3-walkman-screen-protector-black.html

Looks interesting...

That looks nice, although they spelt FiiO wrong. No wonder I couldn't find it while doing my search earlier.

Still the blue silicone case tickles my fancy more, especially considering its only £2.99 on AMP3 at the moment.

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #7,625 of 17,484
I ordered the tuff love pleather case. Don't know if it'll be any good, but I'll take one for the team :)
Got a 10% off for being a discount whore on social media. And as shipping was free, I ended up paying £13,49 (€16,90).

I'll let you guys know if it is any good once it gets here...

That looks nice, although they spelt FiiO wrong. No wonder I couldn't find it while doing my search earlier.

I've sent them a message reporting the incorrect spelling. One should not have to scroll through 34gazillion results on Google image search to find a case...

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #7,626 of 17,484
  I ordered the tuff love pleather case. Don't know if it'll be any good, but I'll take one for the team :)
Got a 10% off for being a discount whore on social media. And as shipping was free, I ended up paying £13,49 (€16,90).

Ah so you went for it then. Let us know what it's like when you get it.

Btw, its also available on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Leather-cover-Screen-Protector/dp/B00HHAYWX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389194957&sr=8-1&keywords=fioo+x3+case

As well as eBay for £9.74!! Search Fioo X3 case
wink.gif

I'm thinking of going for it too at that price!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #7,628 of 17,484
I saw it on amazon as well, but on amazon it said £1.99 UK Shipping and the estimate for EU shipping was £4.99, so quite a bit more expensive. The £9.74 on ebay has free shipping to the UK, but £3.99 shipping to EU, so that would make £13,73... So with the discount and the free shipping through their own site I saved a whopping £0,24 :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #7,629 of 17,484
I saw it on amazon as well, but on amazon it said £1.99 UK Shipping and the estimate for EU shipping was £4.99, so quite a bit more expensive. The £9.74 on ebay has free shipping to the UK, but £3.99 shipping to EU, so that would make £13,73... So with the discount and the free shipping through their own site I saved a whopping £0,24 :)

Best post of the day ....LOL

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #7,630 of 17,484

I've sent them a message reporting the incorrect spelling. One should not have to scroll through 34gazillion results on Google image search to find a case...

Ha yeah they really need to change that!

As far as I can tell there are only 3 cases available for the FiiO X3 at the moment.

The standard cheapie silicone crap, the official crappy FiiO faux leather case and apparently the amazingly made Tuff-Luv faux leather case. Which I shall be buying shortly off eBay!

The 3rd one seems like the one to go for at the moment. Its swag!!

Haha! They have used the word 'faux' a lot more than 'Fiio'.....

That is a pretty neat case though!

LOL! It's coz they can't spell FiiO :wink:

That's some epic reasoning! Good on ya for finding the best bargain mate.

Best post of the day ....LOL

+1

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #7,631 of 17,484

It converts to 50 Singaporean cents... which means I can get a sweet (not a pack of it)! Not bad 
gs1000.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #7,632 of 17,484
  I agree with you on the X3, i`m really not sure what most here are used to but i feel like i have gone back 15 yrs. In this day and age i really expected more.  The device does sound good and i`m willing to put up with it.

I spent several weeks with Fiio support going over some of the issues that you are having and several of my X3`s own issues and they finally told me to send it back and i would get a new X3, so i will see if the new X3 is any better as Fiio support told me that the related issues were not normal.  I think many here are living with devices that ARE NOT operating correctly.

I've had the X3 for just over 2 weeks now, and using the thing gets more frustrating every day. Not once have I used the device that it did not lock up (buttons unresponsive), freeze up completely (stop playing and become unresponsive) skip halfway through a track, or exhibit some other bad behavior.

FiiO support has been quick to respond to my request for help, but the replies I have received make all the same suggestions that get posted here: delete the database - turn off features (like gapless playback) etc. I've done these things and yet the performance of the device does NOT improve one bit. I regret buying this player, and as such, I have purchased an AK100 instead (should arrive today). Although I have read that the Astell & Kern device isn't perfect either, I don't see the abundance of comments about it behaving badly/erratically that I see about the FiiO device.

I can't help but wonder if I got a bad piece of hardware, but FiiO seems to be insisting that the problems are all about the firmware, and that the issues can be addressed through the software. I'm not convinced, since the proposed "fixes" haven't helped one bit. This is a DAP for people who like to fiddle, fuss and hack at things - not for someone (like me) who just wants to use the thing and not have to troubleshoot every time I use it.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #7,635 of 17,484

I've had the X3 for just over 2 weeks now, and using the thing gets more frustrating every day. Not once have I used the device that it did not lock up (buttons unresponsive), freeze up completely (stop playing and become unresponsive) skip halfway through a track, or exhibit some other bad behavior.

FiiO support has been quick to respond to my request for help, but the replies I have received make all the same suggestions that get posted here: delete the database - turn off features (like gapless playback) etc. I've done these things and yet the performance of the device does NOT improve one bit. I regret buying this player, and as such, I have purchased an AK100 instead (should arrive today). Although I have read that the Astell & Kern device isn't perfect either, I don't see the abundance of comments about it behaving badly/erratically that I see about the FiiO device.

I can't help but wonder if I got a bad piece of hardware, but FiiO seems to be insisting that the problems are all about the firmware, and that the issues can be addressed through the software. I'm not convinced, since the proposed "fixes" haven't helped one bit. This is a DAP for people who like to fiddle, fuss and hack at things - not for someone (like me) who just wants to use the thing and not have to troubleshoot every time I use it.

I agree, i just want to enjoy and use the product as advertised, my days of fiddling are over. I just hope my new X3 is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back