The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #7,576 of 17,484

The firmware is 2.1. I think it's the most recent on the website.

All the songs have cover art before being moved onto the X3 and they are all FLAC files.

Are they innately tagged through id3 or is it a file?

Get the album cover (at the right resolution) for the songs in question and make a file called (songname).jpg and add it to the same folder as the song.

The X3 is able to support album cover either through direct tagging through id3 or if a file is also in the same folder with the same name as the song but with the jpg file format.

I think they have also added support for having a file named 'cover.jpg' in the folder and using that.

Also make sure that X3 settings have Cover as the main display option in the settings.

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #7,577 of 17,484
this x3 pairs WONDERFULLY the akg k545... better than with my yamaha hph mt220
L3000.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #7,579 of 17,484
Hi Guys,

Is there still an issue with the X3 displaying cover art?
I have some songs with cover art, but others with nothing, but I have updated everything with Foobar2000?

Any ideas?

If you can clearly identify a file that you know has attached art and yet it isn't displayed examine the image size (x pixels wide by x pixels tall, not file size). if the image size is over 1100 x 1100 or something like that try to reformat the image to something below 1000 x 1000. I use Photoshop to do that but there are other ways.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #7,580 of 17,484
It pains me to suggest this, but for those having trouble with the X3's media database feature, an alternative is to organize the files in a folder structure and bypass the media database.

You can even do multilevel folder organization!
e.g. artist1\album1\song1.flac
There is a youtube video on how to do this automatically using mp3tag:
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 7, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #7,581 of 17,484
It pains me to suggest this, but for those having trouble with the X3's media database feature, an alternative is to organize the files in a folder structure and bypass the media database.

I covered the gist of that in my review. But people are people, and most don't wanna do that. Good alternative though. That right there is something that is mandatory if you use something like say the C4 Pro.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #7,582 of 17,484

Hi Joe,
I got my X3 back in August 2013 and I was trying as much as possible not to go through this route of re-organizing all the library in the X3 memory (internal and SD card) :frowning2:
I was even limiting the addition to X3 library of 1 album per artist, so the "artist" category was not mixing up information from different albums. 
In full honesty, is there still a chance that the "Artist/Album" browsing will be implemented in the next FW release (which was supposed to be released in the next weeks), or should I give up on this hope and finally start to manually reorganize my 400 folders in the X3 ?
Thanks

PS: the statement above is not a complaint, just a question :)

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #7,583 of 17,484

I covered the gist of that in my review. But people are people, and most don't wanna do that. Good alternative though. That right there is something that is mandatory if you use something like say the C4 Pro.

same:
I just correctly tagged all of my 2670 music files, and renamed them in %Artist% - %year% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %trackname% format.

If all goes well, this way it should be possible to play all files in correct order from "play all" menu.

I'll let you know if it plays.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #7,584 of 17,484
Hi Joe,
I got my X3 back in August 2013 and I was trying as much as possible not to go through this route of re-organizing all the library in the X3 memory (internal and SD card) :frowning2:
I was even limiting the addition to X3 library of 1 album per artist, so the "artist" category was not mixing up information from different albums. 
In full honesty, is there still a chance that the "Artist/Album" browsing will be implemented in the next FW release (which was supposed to be released in the next weeks), or should I give up on this hope and finally start to manually reorganize my 400 folders in the X3 ?
Thanks

PS: the statement above is not a complaint, just a question :)

The point is, if you've correctly tagged all your music, you should be able to automatically put your music files into folders using the method described in the video.

And yes, multilevel category browsing should still be a coming feature. My post was aimed more at those who are having more serious trouble with the database, such as media update hangups, songs not showing in categories even after an update, etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 7, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #7,585 of 17,484
The point is, if you've correctly tagged all your music, you should be able to automatically put your music files into folders using the method described in the video.

And yes, multilevel category browsing should still be a coming feature. My post was aimed more at those who are having more serious trouble with the database, such as media update hangups, songs not showing in categories even after an update, etc.

Thanks Joe.
And actually I just realized from the video that MP3Tag can automatically CREATE folders based on file tags !!!! That's amazing.
I used the program only to rename/re-tag files, but this additional feature is going to sort out most of my browsing issues, with only few minutes of effort.
Thanks for your help.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #7,587 of 17,484
There are some strange folk who enjoy the challenge of getting something quirky to work as well as listening to good music.

To satisfy this rather odd pleasure an X3 has been ordered. Now I must make the giant leap of faith that the courier can find the correct door.

Cheers man ......best post I read today .

Fiio should have employed u ....lol

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #7,588 of 17,484
I'm a newbie here and need some advise. Do you think I should buy X3 now or wait until X5 launched?

I never be in this hobby before, in the past I listen music with my 2.0 system. But now due to illness of my wife, I have no time to listen to music. So I design to buy a player and headphone

My headphone is Martin Logan Mikros 90. I buy this because I have no idea what to buy. Since I use Martin Logan speaker so I think that it should be safe to buy from brand that I familiar with. It sound good to me when listen to Flac file in my notebook

But for Ipod nano is different, I don't like the sound of compress file at all.

Please kindly advise shall I go with x3 or wait for X5

Thanks

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #7,589 of 17,484
The X3 and E12 combo is waiting at home, just dropped off by the courier.... I can see this workday is going to take forever, that clock is just going to CRAWL... 
mad.gif

64GB uSD card all loaded up and properly tagged... I am coming from a Colorfly C3 so I know the game with Chi-Nee file systems on DAP's. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #7,590 of 17,484
  The X3 and E12 combo is waiting at home, just dropped off by the courier.... I can see this workday is going to take forever, that clock is just going to CRAWL... 
mad.gif

64GB uSD card all loaded up and properly tagged... I am coming from a Colorfly C3 so I know the game with Chi-Nee file systems on DAP's. 
biggrin.gif

pls do compare colorfly c3 with x3.
btw clip+ vs colorfly c3,is the diff worth upgrading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back