The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #7,291 of 17,484
How long should I expect the manual update to take on a 64gb with lots of files?  I have slightly over 9000 (haw haw haw) music files on mine and it's been "updating file" for quite a while... I did update the firmware already.

It takes max 5 minutes for my 3000 files to update (how'd you fit 9000 on 64GB?) so i expect it to take max 15 minutes for you

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #7,294 of 17,484
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #7,295 of 17,484
This should not be this difficult....

Hello,

Would you like to send your unit to us for a warranty repair? Please contact market@fiio.com.cn for details.
There's probably nothing wrong with the unit itself (except perhaps for the firmware) but it would seem that the best way to sort out your problems would be for people at headquarters to look at your unit and the files on your SD card.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #7,296 of 17,484
Hello,

Would you like to send your unit to us for a warranty repair? Please contact market@fiio.com.cn for details.
There's probably nothing wrong with the unit itself (except perhaps for the firmware) but it would seem that the best way to sort out your problems would be for people at headquarters to look at your unit and the files on your SD card.

yaar open a warehouse in india atleast
biggrin.gif

nothing is cheap here
deadhorse.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #7,297 of 17,484
Hello,

I'd think I'd like to take you up on that. It probably is just me being an idiot. Not sure why the same files work on my Clip, Walkman and S3, though.

Another question for anyone. When I removed the SD card and update the library I still see all the artists and albums listed that used to be on the SD card? Anyone else? There is basically no music except for pre loaded stuff, but I'm still seeing the artists and albums listed.

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #7,298 of 17,484
  I'd think I'd like to take you up on that. It probably is just me being an idiot. Not sure why the same files work on my Clip, Walkman and S3, though.

Another question for anyone. When I removed the SD card and update the library I still see all the artists and albums listed that used to be on the SD card? Anyone else? There is basically no music except for pre loaded stuff, but I'm still seeing the artists and albums listed.

man i have the same problem with my clip+

its damn annoying as its even rockboxed!!

i have stopped using the artists and albums option as a result and have to use the folders only

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #7,299 of 17,484
Ok. Just for fun I pulled the SD card out of my wife's Clip and put in in the X3, then updated the library. The songs are listed under the album and artist in the clip without issue. In the X3, same thing. I can see the album and artist, but when I click them no songs listed. The songs are in the "Browse files". Also, like I mentioned earlier all the artists and albums from the card I used to have in the X3 are showing up in album and artist.

I ran the card through Mp3tag and here are screenshots. Anyone seeing any problems?

Click on them to make 'um bigger

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #7,300 of 17,484
  Ok. Just for fun I pulled the SD card out of my wife's Clip and put in in the X3, then updated the library. The songs are listed under the album and artist in the clip without issue. In the X3, same thing. I can see the album and artist, but when I click them no songs listed. The songs are in the "Browse files". Also, like I mentioned earlier all the artists and albums from the card I used to have in the X3 are showing up in album and artist.

I ran the card through Mp3tag and here are screenshots. Anyone seeing any problems?

Click on them to make 'um bigger

for me when i delete the old albums or tracks they don't go away??!!

only the folder option gets updated and displays stuff correctly.

have u tried using folder option??

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #7,301 of 17,484

Could you take a screenshot of the EXTENDED TAGS? (Select all songs from one album, right click, extended tags)

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #7,302 of 17,484
for me when i delete the old albums or tracks they don't go away??!!

only the folder option gets updated and displays stuff correctly.

have u tried using folder option??

Did you update the library?

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #7,305 of 17,484
It takes max 5 minutes for my 3000 files to update (how'd you fit 9000 on 64GB?) so i expect it to take max 15 minutes for you

Transcoding to mp3 vbr -2 :p 110GB magically becomes ~60...

Anyway I've been reformatting the SD and loafing around on other stuff so I haven't tried out updating the library yet, but good to know my wait is normal.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back