The egg salad sandwich
Oct 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #32 of 63
I myself am a fan of the no-frills egg sandwich. Chopped boiled eggs, mayo and 2 slices of bread. I can eat dozens before I feel full
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #33 of 63
No frills is good too! Me mum makes the no-frills version.

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #36 of 63
I grew up in Hawaii and we call them chopped egg sandwiches. When I heard them called egg salad sandwiches, I couldn't figure out where the salad was. There was never any lettuce in my chopped egg sandwich.

Deviled eggs, anyone?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #37 of 63

Quote:
I grew up in Hawaii and we call them chopped egg sandwiches. When I heard them called egg salad sandwiches, I couldn't figure out where the salad was. There was never any lettuce in my chopped egg sandwich.

Deviled eggs, anyone?
evil_smiley.gif

Deviled eggs are awesome. Once you start eating them it's very hard to stop lol.

Mar 4, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #38 of 63
I made an egg salad sandwich on a toasted hamburger bun this evening. I added some chopped black olives to the egg salad mix. Oh my. Oh yummy. Ate it with a side of Bubbies Pure Kosher Dills. What else could go with that? Oh, yes. Great music on a great headphone amp of my choice!

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #39 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Egg yolks are loaded with cholesterol.

That's a myth:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/egg-nutrition

Quote:
I can eat 50 eggs.

Over a week or a month? In one sitting would probably be overdoing it
wink.gif

I gave up all meat recently, but still enjoy eggs and they are my main source of vitamin B12 now. I like a good egg salad or fried egg sandwich but give me a breakfast burrito any day of the week.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #40 of 63

Quote:
we are talking about food
popcorn.gif
wonderful
French fires is my favorite one and hardly get enough.

This is a thread about egg salad sandwiches, not french fries.

Egg salad is dank, yo. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Egg yolks are loaded with cholesterol" 

That's a myth:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/egg-nutrition

Critical reading goes a long way.  They have 212 mg, "quite a bit" of cholesterol according to the article.

The myth, according to the article, is that it all goes straight to your bloodstream/arteries.

I had a less than smart friend go to a nutritionist who was a proponent of the "cholesterol myth."  My friend came back and told me "do you know that cholesterol is a myth?!"  I asked him what that meant and he proceeded to tell me how it didn't exist like bigfoot.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #43 of 63

Quote:

I had a less than smart friend go to a nutritionist who was a proponent of the "cholesterol myth."  My friend came back and told me "do you know that cholesterol is a myth?!"  I asked him what that meant and he proceeded to tell me how it didn't exist like bigfoot.

I want to see spooky videos of a guy romping around the woods in a cholesterol suit.

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #44 of 63

Quote:
Quote:
Critical reading goes a long way.  They have 212 mg, "quite a bit" of cholesterol according to the article.

The myth, according to the article, is that it all goes straight to your bloodstream/arteries.

What's important is wether the cholesterol is in the good or bad variety. Egg yolks contain much of the good cholesterol which helps reduce the bad sort. This was common knowledge a couple of years ago, maybe science have moved on.

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #45 of 63
^ Not only that but egg yolks are an emulsifier, which means that they can actually dissolve the plaque/triglycerides in your arteries which is the negative result of ingesting too much "bad" cholesterol.

One of the most nutritious foods one can eat is a raw free-range organic egg. Raw eggs gross me out, but I do like to keep the yolk runny when I fry/poach/soft-boil them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back