The egg salad sandwich
Oct 15, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #17 of 63
actually leave the salad out, just egg and bacon. also waffles instead of the bread and add melted cheese all over. 
icon2_baba.gif

Oct 15, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #18 of 63
Oct 15, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #19 of 63
Woke up early(for me) today around 8 to pick my friend who was ditching Saturday school, but he decided to go at the last minute. So i got up out of bed, sat on my couch an entire two feet away, put on my K240s and started my day off with Korn's Unplugged album. Looked out of my window and saw my grandma leave so i walked around the house to see if anyone else was home... No one, so naturally i turn on my stereo loud enough so that i could hear it in my kitchen while i got breakfast. Remembering this thread i decided to make my self some breakfast, started the eggs and started playing some Russian Circles. I ended up with a delicious Egg sandwich on toast with two slices of American cheese and a healthy layer of fresh chipotle paste. Ate it while Ice Cubes "Why we thugs" Played in the background. Thanks for reminding me that i can cook, otherwise i would have ate one of those granola bars in the background.
Good day so far.

Edit: The sandwich looks even more yummy when you click on it to zoom.

Oct 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 63
Quote:
Woke up early(for me) today around 8 to pick my friend who was ditching Saturday school, but he decided to go at the last minute. So i got up out of bed, sat on my couch an entire two feet away, put on my K240s and started my day off with Korn's Unplugged album. Looked out of my window and saw my grandma leave so i walked around the house to see if anyone else was home... No one, so naturally i turn on my stereo loud enough so that i could hear it in my kitchen while i got breakfast. Remembering this thread i decided to make my self some breakfast, started the eggs and started playing some Russian Circles. I ended up with a delicious Egg sandwich on toast with two slices of American cheese and a healthy layer of fresh chipotle paste. Ate it while Ice Cubes "Why we thugs" Played in the background. Thanks for reminding me that i can cook, otherwise i would have ate one of those granola bars in the background.
Good day so far.

Edit: The sandwich looks even more yummy when you click on it to zoom.

Oh, good idea with the chipotle. Next time I'm going to try some sriracha sauce, which I'm thoroughly convinced tastes good on everything.

Oct 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #26 of 63
I'm feeling old, but you all need to see What's up Tiger Lily. The greatest movie ever made about Egg Salad
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #27 of 63

Quote:
Why, because of cheese and mayonnaise? You clearly have no respect for an American diet.

Seriously?  You mention the ingredients I wasn't even referring to? 
ph34r.gif
  Egg yolks are loaded with cholesterol.  You're not supposed to eat more than 2 eggs a week.

That being said, I love egg salad sandwiches but they have a tendency to give me indigestion.  Hard-boiled eggs do that to a lot of people if they eat more than a small serving.  They also have a tendency of making your house stink while chilling in your refrigerator, covered or not.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #28 of 63

Quote:
Seriously?  You mention the ingredients I wasn't even referring to? 
ph34r.gif
  Egg yolks are loaded with cholesterol.  You're not supposed to eat more than 2 eggs a week.

That being said, I love egg salad sandwiches but they have a tendency to give me indigestion.  Hard-boiled eggs do that to a lot of people if they eat more than a small serving.  They also have a tendency of making your house stink while chilling in your refrigerator, covered or not.

Ummm... you know your body produces three to four times more cholesterol than you ingest? the less you eat, the more your body produces.  The difference is marginal, at best.  Thats just one school of thought though.

Even if you are an "LDL is bad" proponent, eggs have not been linked to LDL growth (unless you also eat lots of saturated fats,) and, with regular exercise, your HDL will increase so the whole point is moot anyway.

Conservative estimates say 6 a week is fine.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #29 of 63
there's a lot of discussion these days on how many eggs a week is good/acceptable and how many are too much.

the answer probably lies in individual variety (f.e. different genes, different diets, other environmental factors)

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #30 of 63
That's funny. Just yesterday I was thinking about making that sandwich. I put a dash of cayenne pepper and add about a teaspoon of kosher dill pickle juice to a two-egg mixture otherwise it gets too soggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back