The discovery thread!
Feb 26, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #1,051 of 102,383
hello guys i'm new to the thread and a noob as well...i'm planning to buy TTake Isurus and i would like to know if there would be gain/difference if i paired it up with a Fiio E6? i'll be using my phone for music and im also a gamer as well..thanks

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #1,052 of 102,383
The answer to that would be no. It will put out just a bit more volume but that would be about it and will enhance the bass end a tad as well. I would just get the isurus first and try that. Just eqing from your source and turning up the volume will have almost the same effect. 

The more powerful source you have the more power your E6 will have. I would skip the E6 and if you want a something that will enhance your sound I would go for a minimum E11. These will give you the power you need for any device. For now just try out the earphones and see what results you get first. If you have an android I would look into an eq app and try that.

These have great detail for gaming so they will be awesome for your games.

Feb 26, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #1,053 of 102,383
Thanks for the quick reply dsnuts...ok i'll try the isurus first. thanks again!
atsmile.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #1,054 of 102,383
the more i use my Tt with my phone the more i like it. i honestly think the isurus is the best value in iems regardless of how flexible it fits different applications; dap, phone and computer. speaking of phones; poweramp is a neat-o app, menus, speed of access, sound quality all pretty much right there!
recently got a 32 gb card for the android that was around twenty dollars.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #1,056 of 102,383
HI all, in a hunt for some IEM´s that have a MIC for my Dad, must have a mic for his iphone apparently! This all started after he came into my room telling me he´s going to buy some ibeats...yeh i know

The Thermaltake Isurus was first on my list however he tells me he plans on using them for the gym also and i heard the were kinda uncomfy so is there any chance they wont have a good seal for running (i know depends on ears but he has very small ears and the casing looks rather large IMO)? Any other good options with a mic? Cheaper the better however he said he could go up to $80 or so

Thanks

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,057 of 102,383

Quote:
HI all, in a hunt for some IEM´s that have a MIC, must have a mic for his iphone apparently! This all came about after he came into my room telling me he´s going to buy some ibeats...i know i wanted to slap him aswell haha 

So the Thermaltake Isurus was first on my list however he tells me he plans on using them for the gym also and i heard the were kinda uncomfy so is there any change they wont have a good seal for running? Any other good options with a mic? Cheaper the better however he said he could go up to $80 or so, although he is no audiophile so the Isurus would more than suffice I think...i have him listening to my Brainwavz M2´s to see how he gets on for the time being (no mic though) 

Thanks and sorry for lengthy post!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/philips-in-ear-headset-built-in-mic-SHH3580-iPhone-Samsumg-HTC-Sony-Nokia-/110745127661?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19c8ec8aed  Have him get a pair of these. The SHH3580. The miced version of the SHE3580.   Joe says these even sound better than the She3580 and they do have a mic. I can vouch for the comfort too. There isn't too many that are more comfier.

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,058 of 102,383
Quote:
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/philips-in-ear-headset-built-in-mic-SHH3580-iPhone-Samsumg-HTC-Sony-Nokia-/110745127661?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19c8ec8aed  Have him get a pair of these. The SHH3580. The miced version of the SHE3580.
  Joe says these even sound better than the She3580 and they do have a mic. I can vouch for the comfort too. There isn't too many that are more comfier.

Thanks for quick reply mate...reason i wrote those off was because i thought the had a very bad cable and so bad microphonics, is that not the case for the miced version?

Thanks again

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #1,059 of 102,383
Good question. That is one that Joe will have to answer. The SHE3580 does have some bad microphonics.  Now the new SHE5105 I reported on recently has a solid build with much less microphonics. Those do have a proper sound as well with build in MIC, flat cable. I figured out while the microphonics are much less to none on these the part of the wire closer to the earphone does emit microphonics. If worn over the ear it just about eliminates any disctracting noise all together. These do cost more but look like what he is looking for. Good balance clarity and that lovely bass that Philips earphones have. Minimum microphonics. Built in mic. Flat cable that is durable. $50. I can recommend these. Plus he will be only like the 2nd person in the nation that owns one, these are as new as they get.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,060 of 102,383
Quote:
Good question. That is one that Joe will have to answer. The SHE3580 does have some bad microphonics.  Now the new SHE5105 I reported on recently has a solid build with much less microphonics. Those do have a proper sound as well with build in MIC, flat cable. I figured out while the microphonics are much less to none on these the part of the wire closer to the earphone does emit microphonics. If worn over the ear it just about eliminates any disctracting noise all together. These do cost more but look like what he is looking for. Good balance clarity and that lovely bass that Philips earphones have. Minimum microphonics. Built in mic. Flat cable that is durable. $50. I can recommend these. Plus he will be only like the 2nd person in the nation that owns one, these are as new as they get.

Oh great didnt realise they had a mic! Are they much better than the SHE3575, and SHH3580 SQ wise?
Which are the identical of the SHE3580 with a mic? (searched on the thread but couldnt find a conclusive answer) 
frown.gif

Cant find the SHE5105 in the UK yet...may have to wait a few more weeks :frowning2: (not even on the Philips website :S

Cheers mate!

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #1,061 of 102,383
Coming from Joe. He says the SHH3580 is the better version of the SHE3580. Better balance he put it.. We will have to wait till he gets on but I have to believe his take on them. The new SHE5105 also has the surperior sound as they should be for costing much more. Now if the mircrophonics is at a minimum or much improved over the SHE3580 then those SHH3580 will be worth tracking down for use on the iphone.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,062 of 102,383
Quote:
Coming from Joe. He says the SHH3580 is the better version of the SHE3580. Better balance he put it.. We will have to wait till he gets on but I have to believe his take on them. The new SHE5105 also has the surperior sound as they should be for costing much more. Now if the mircrophonics is at a minimum or much improved over the SHE3580 then those SHH3580 will be worth tracking down for use on the iphone.

Right OK, didnt realise you hadn´t heard the SHH3580, sorry! Finally found the SHE5105 in the UK but there £70 lol will hold out a while for price to drop unless Joe says the microphics ont the SHH3580 are ok enough to allow for gym use worn straight down (not ever the ear) Interested how the SHE3575 are compared with the  SHH3580 as there half the price!

Anyone heard the id America Spark? Joker just reviewed it and he seems to like them! About £35 so about double the price of SHH3580 and wondering if the difference is that large, also which will be more sonically V shaped?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596572/review-id-america-spark-striking-meets-powerful

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,064 of 102,383

Quote:
ummm dsnuts i forgot to ask can i use isurus on iphone 4 too? thanks

This is a strange one. It worked on my Android but I am not sure if it works on the Iphone 4. I remember some guys saying it does and some saying it don't. I was getting conflicting answers. Maybe someone else can answer this. Anybody with the isurus using it on the iphone 4?

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #1,065 of 102,383
Hi guys.  The SHH3580 cable is little different from the SHE3580 one other than that it is one thicker round cable below the Y-split (rather than two thin cables joined together).  I don't remember well how the cable was out of the packaging but now it is quite straight and well-behaved.  As for microphonics... either I haven't owned a pair with low microphonics or I don't know what you guys are talking about.  I thump the cable on any of my phones and I hear a thump... about as loud with any IEM I tried.  The difference I believe lies in how easy it is to thump the cable.  Here a lightweight cable is less likely to cause hard thumps and the SHE/SHH3580 cable is lightweight.  But out of the box they're also curly and springy, which might cause the cable to more easily brush up against stuff and generate microphonics.  Here you need to break in the cable... just use the phones regularly and the cable will become straight and well-behaved.

As for the sound signature the SHE3580 is more V-shaped than the SHH3580.  The bass and midrange on the SHH3580 are about perfectly balanced with still a tad more treble than the rest of the spectrum... to my ears anyway, but I'm oversensitive to treble.  They're certainly not as trebly as say the Etys.  Anyway the mids and vocals sound more proper on the SHH3580 than just about any phones I have tried.  But their bass is understandably not as impressive as the SHE3580.

Hope that helps!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back