The discovery thread!
Feb 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #1,021 of 100,142
Neutral pics. Spendy.

GR07    Neutral with a slight lower highs bump that almost disappears with burn in..Fantastic detail and clarity. A neutral standard.
EX600   Neutral smooth a bit laid back sounding, does nothing wrong but bass fans will want more bass.
CKM77s Balanced more detail than the other 2 a bit on the brighter side but detail for a dynamic is 2nd to none.  Jazz/rock on these has to be heard. Just astounding. My pic out of the 3...Absolute neutral I would go for the EX600..The GR07 has better bass so more musical imo. Then the CKM77s has better detail than anything else I have and the bass is perfect. No bloat just perfect for every type of music.

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,023 of 100,142
A good buddy.. Mr G3nerl Karl informed me they sound like the ATH-A700s. So it will be similar sounding to my CKM77s. Well balanced I am guessing more neutral sounding and better balanced than the CKM50s.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,024 of 100,142
My pair of Isurus IEM's just arrived, and I have been listening for about half an hour now.

Here's my first impressions:

Pretty nice sounding, with the aforementioned sibilance issue being greatly lessened by a different set of tips with a smaller hole (I put the ones from my PL30's on it).
I've been using a pair of PL30's with the plug replaced up until these arrived, and they certainly seem a bit more detailed, although to be fair I'm using them on my Sound Blaster Fatal1ty Pro instead of my phone.

The biggest downsides I've noticed so far are the size of the things. I'm coming to them from using PL50s, PL30's, and M1's, and these are just huge by comparison. Following that closely is the painful cord, I like my headphones to be symmetrical.

On the whole, they are certainly worth the $40 I paid for them, even without any burnin/accustomisation time.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,028 of 100,142
Can anyone comment as to how good the isolation is with the Isurus' is? Also how are the microphonics? I've never used a J cord before in my life but I imagine that makes it tough to put around your ear to cut down on Microphonics

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #1,029 of 100,142
No microphonics what so ever.
I can't say the same thing with the Philips which have HUCH microphonics.
I'm using the Meelec M6 tips so I cant say how good isolation is compared to others but its pretty good I can tell.
I did not like the stock tips what so ever. No bass and horrible treble. New tips is a must.

Quote:
Can anyone comment as to how good the isolation is with the Isurus' is? Also how are the microphonics? I've never used a J cord before in my life but I imagine that makes it tough to put around your ear to cut down on Microphonics

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,030 of 100,142
I have had the Isurus for some time now and I agree with the hype in this thread.
Only problem is the stock tip and some weird lenght difference in the left right cable which tend to lead to a mess.
I'm also impressed with the Philips, but they are a class below the Isurus. Both are insain value for money tho.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,032 of 100,142
The Isurus is a great earphone for the cost. Solid balance and detailed they do have more of an analytical sound but provide some solid bass and highs for your bassier tunes.. For the bucks they perform much more than iems that cost X4 more. Isolation is above average. They even work on many Android phones. It is a hit or miss depending on phone but if they do work on your Android phones that would be a bonus. Now for a more casual V fun sound signature sound. The Philips SHE3580 is solid as well. Either way both are great bang for dollar earphones.

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #1,034 of 100,142
Yes, they will drive fine from any mobile device the isurus has a built in mic for phones. It is hit or miss if they work on whatever models you have however on my PC an Optimus phone they work perfectly and some guys say it worked with there Iphone and some say it doesn't. 

If anyone is interested in the isurus. Eke is selling his pair on the sale forums with free shipping. Can save a few bucks and I know he takes care of his stuff.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #1,035 of 100,142
The Isurus I'm using with the Meelec tips don't have a touch of that analytical sound you are talking about. Great dynamics and musicality. Only problem is some sibilance with some tracks. Maybe most of that will go away after some play time, but i doubt it.
Quote:
The Isurus is a great earphone for the cost. Solid balance and detailed they do have more of an analytical sound but provide some solid bass and highs for your bassier tunes.. For the bucks they perform much more than iems that cost X4 more. Isolation is above average. They even work on many Android phones. It is a hit or miss depending on phone but if they do work on your Android phones that would be a bonus. Now for a more casual V fun sound signature sound. The Philips SHE3580 is solid as well. Either way both are great bang for dollar earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back