The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #1,081 of 104,189
Quote:
Joe, thanks for those freq graphs. That explains a lot about why I like the SHE3580s so much. great sub bass without a mid-bass hump. <3

Thanks mate...my Dad just listened to my CKM50´s and said he really liked them, so what is closest to this sound that has a mic? Think its gonna be this...quite expensive though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-CKS55i-Inner-Ear-Headphones-iPod-iPhone-iPad-Red-/330693396840?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item4cfedcc968

Such a shame that philips dont do an equivilent SHE3580 miced :frowning2: 

Their new SHE5105 is rather expensive in the UK aswell...£70 :O

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #1,082 of 104,189
Yes they do with even a better sound quality. The SHE5105 But these cost much more. The newest Philips earphones. Similar sound qualities to the CKM50s but with better balanced sound. Those CKS55is will also have a similar full sound as the CKM50s. I have the CKS77s which are astounding earphones. I think either these new philips or the CKS55i should do well for you. Get which ever one that is cheaper. There is a SHH3580 which is indeed the micd version of the SHE3580 look it up on ebay.

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #1,083 of 104,189
Quote:
Yes they do with even a better sound quality. The SHE5105 But these cost much more. The newest Philips earphones. Similar sound qualities to the CKM50s but with better balanced sound. Those CKS55is will also have a similar full sound as the CKM50s. I have the CKS77s which are astounding earphones. I think either these new philips or the CKS55i should do well for you. Get which ever one that is cheaper. There is a SHH3580 which is indeed the micd version of the SHE3580 look it up on ebay.

tbh Im a little scared with the CKS55is because of what happened with the CKM55s LOL, may play it on the safe side and wait till a few more retailers get the Philips SHE5105 in and get them...as i dont think its branched into the UK yet, can only find one place selling them and there £70 :frowning2: 

And the SHH3580 isnt the same...check the fequency responce graph Joe posted...more flat, which to some may be better but not me haha :D

Cheers mate 

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #1,084 of 104,189
How do the SHE5105 compare with the CKM50 with regard to soundstage and detail...my Dad really liked the full bass of the CKM50 while micro details like glass smashing can still be heard, he also really liked the soundstage...so is the SHE5105 keeping up with the CKM50 in that regard?
Sorry last question mate haha :wink:

The SHE5105 is more readily available in the UK now too :D

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #1,085 of 104,189
The sound quality on both are excellent for their price points. The SHE5105 has more fuller mids and the highs on the CKM50s are a bit more sparkly but the highs on the SHE5105 is not lacking one bit. Staging on both are very similar. The CKM50 is a funner sound and the SHE5105 is a more balanced sound but has ample detail and bass is also full on them.

If you need one with a mic the SHE5105 are a solid purchase and the build on them are excellent as well. These aren't necessarily neutral as the bass is a bit boosted but the balance is actually very good on them and has a good mid staging about the same as the CKM50 and I would say detail is about the same as well. Good quality from top to bottom including sound.

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #1,086 of 104,189
Finally got my isurus
dt880smile.png
  burn in process right now...tried the stock tips(without messing the equalizer), treble is quite too much its overwhelming the bass. then i tried my phone's stock earphone tips(nokia 5800) bass and treble is now a little bit clean..much better than the stock ones.. :)) i'll be looking for other tips if my budget manager allows it (my wife) lol and try to make comparisons..so far i'm enjoying listening to ska, punk, hardcore musics..i'll be playing battlefield later and see if sound would be okay.

My ISURS verdict? no regrets..price/perfomance it's bang for my buck..:) many thanks to Sir Dsnuts!

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #1,087 of 104,189

Quote:
The sound quality on both are excellent for their price points. The SHE5105 has more fuller mids and the highs on the CKM50s are a bit more sparkly but the highs on the SHE5105 is not lacking one bit. Staging on both are very similar. The CKM50 is a funner sound and the SHE5105 is a more balanced sound but has ample detail and bass is also full on them.

If you need one with a mic the SHE5105 are a solid purchase and the build on them are excellent as well. These aren't necessarily neutral as the bass is a bit boosted but the balance is actually very good on them and has a good mid staging about the same as the CKM50 and I would say detail is about the same as well. Good quality from top to bottom including sound.

Where did you purchase the SHE5105?  They sound like they will be just right for me but I cannot find them anywhere. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,088 of 104,189

Quote:
Finally got my isurus
dt880smile.png
  burn in process right now...tried the stock tips(without messing the equalizer), treble is quite too much its overwhelming the bass. then i tried my phone's stock earphone tips(nokia 5800) bass and treble is now a little bit clean..much better than the stock ones.. :)) i'll be looking for other tips if my budget manager allows it (my wife) lol and try to make comparisons..so far i'm enjoying listening to ska, punk, hardcore musics..i'll be playing battlefield later and see if sound would be okay.

My ISURS verdict? no regrets..price/perfomance it's bang for my buck..:) many thanks to Sir Dsnuts!

Glad you like them. The detail on these earphones rival anything $100 wise. I should know I have the CKM77s and the detail rival those while not as refined for the price these are indeed a good find. Games sound great on these, after all they are gaming iems. Happy listening. .

Quote:
Where did you purchase the SHE5105?  They sound like they will be just right for me but I cannot find them anywhere. 

I bought mine on Amazon. $50 free shipped.

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #1,089 of 104,189
The isurus are crazy iems.....
Sometimes I really enjoy them (they are FUN), and other days I just don't want to listen with them.
Either the Isurus or myself (yeah, myself) are really fickle.
I think that for me, its because the Isurus has a lot of detail in certain parts of the spectrum, but can sound a little ragged/harsh in some other parts.
Just my thoughts with my ears (obviously, Ha!)

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,092 of 104,189
Dsnuts is a maestro iem explorer.
I'm not sure how you manage to keep your aural memory intact.  Do you have a pair of reference phones that you keep switching back to listen to  re-calibrate your sense of sound??

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #1,093 of 104,189
Tips for Isurus - like many people, I found the stock tips to be, well.........(politeness does not allow me to be specific here)... ahmm.......not really high quality (read between the ......s). 

An old pair of Sennheiser double-flanged tips from the cx500 work really well for me on the isurus.  These double flanged tips make the isurus soundstage seem fuller.  I think that the tips place the nozzle not so deep into my ear canal and this somehow improves the soundstage for me.  (The stock tips are so thin, that they can hurt after a while.)

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,094 of 104,189
Also, forgot to mention (sorry Dsnuts, I'm not really trying to clutter your thread!), I can't listen to my Sennheiser cx500's any more.   I used to think that they were fun (not accurate, but "party-phones").  But the Isurus has wrecked the cx500s for me.....they just are too bass thick for me now.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,095 of 104,189

Quote:
Dsnuts is a maestro iem explorer.
I'm not sure how you manage to keep your aural memory intact.  Do you have a pair of reference phones that you keep switching back to listen to  re-calibrate your sense of sound??

Well they way I judge phones I listen to them and if I hear anything that is missing/ wrong in that I hear I have a bunch of test tracks I do with. High emphasis, mids emphasis, lows emphasis.. I have a standard I kinda go by. If my test tracks sounds off the headphones get the boot. I kinda have a knack for finding the cheaper good ones but I am always looking for the next earphones that will captivate me..I will mention it to you here as I want to leave the ASG-1 thread the way it is. I am still not too sure about those myself. On some tracks the music just sings but on some it just sounds so off it is weird. I think there is more to like about them than not but it is the only earphones I have ever bought where I was both impressed and disappointed at the same time..

I can usually tell if I am gonna be a fan of an earphone I hear within the first few minutes of listening but these ASG-1s is a strange one. I have to get used to it more but at the same time. Earphones like my new CKM99 just sounds lovely from the get go on everything. 

Oh by the way so the isurus sounds like a detuned CKM99 basically.  The refinements in the CKM99s make them my current favorites.

Hey it looks like you got over the 25 post mark. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back