The discovery thread!
Jan 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #932 of 101,913
The next philips earphone I am gonna get is the new ones coming out. Can't say if I am a fan of the way they look but who cares as long as they kick booty which I am thinking they will

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #933 of 101,913
The cable on the M6 is light years ahead of the Phillips. Less micrphonic and less tangle-prone.

M6 build quality is much better, too, it comes in a handy little case and a *load* of tips- the usual L M and S single flanges, a large bi-flange and large and small tripple flanges.

This is a great bang-for-your-buck IEM.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #934 of 101,913

Quote:
The cable on the M6 is light years ahead of the Phillips. Less micrphonic and less tangle-prone.
M6 build quality is much better, too, it comes in a handy little case and a *load* of tips- the usual L M and S single flanges, a large bi-flange and large and small tripple flanges.
This is a great bang-for-your-buck IEM.

wow, unless they recently changed the M6 cabling, I can't see how you can say it's "less tangle prone" , my set is a nightmare, takes like 2-3 minutes each time I want to use them to get them untangled, to the point where I complained to Mee about it. Here they are next to my NuForce NE-6 to show the difference in kinky kable syndrome.

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n458/christoofat/?action=view&current=MeeNu.jpg

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #935 of 101,913
Yep agree.  I advised a work mate to buy the M6 as they were on special at Frogbeats.  The cable is good quality but does tangle like buggery, just like the Philips.  And personally I think the Philips sound better, I didn't spend much time with the M6 when he got them but I remember thinking the mids were quite weak.

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #936 of 101,913
The M6 were pretty comfy to wear & I think out do the NuForce NE-6, but having to fight them every time grew wearisome, and I stopped using them. The Philips cable is of cheaper quality, but doesn't seem to hold memory as much & I keep them hanging down when not using from a peg on my wall, which seems to help relax them a bit.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #937 of 101,913
I have both boys, and I define them thus:

TT - Restless, thin and cold sound.

SHE - Fun, fat and warm sound.

I like them both, depending on my mood and what I'm doing.

Any day comes SM3 dad, join the family.....much later, mum.
smile.gif

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #938 of 101,913
I guess years of coiling mic and guitar cables lets me coil them just right. I just do a 1.5 inch coil turning the cable gently to the way it "wants" to go, then put the phones back in their case. when it is time to uncoil,, I just grab the plug end and let the rest drop. Nisce and easy, seldom tangles. Occasionally, the memory wire "hooks" get tangled up, but not so much if I push the neck slider all the way to the memory wire.

I guess as far as sound quality goes, different strokes, 'ya know? I like the M6.

Quote:
wow, unless they recently changed the M6 cabling, I can't see how you can say it's "less tangle prone" , my set is a nightmare, takes like 2-3 minutes each time I want to use them to get them untangled, to the point where I complained to Mee about it. Here they are next to my NuForce NE-6 to show the difference in kinky kable syndrome.

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n458/christoofat/?action=view&current=MeeNu.jpg

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #939 of 101,913

The Philips cable is too springy to use my method on. Coil it up ans set it down, and ! instant mess.

@ Joe Bloggs: Flat in PA system terms is very relative. I gues by "flat" I mean sound more like the PA system, not like a recording.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #940 of 101,913
The Philips cable needs to "break in" from the messy state they come in thanks to the packaging.  Like christoophat says hanging them straight when not using them may speed up the break in process.  My used set behaves pretty much as you describe your M6's cables.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #941 of 101,913
LMAO the SHE3580 black is down to $1.99 at Amazon!
biggrin.gif
Get one now for less than the price of a Happy Meal!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #943 of 101,913
Well guys. I just came to the realization of something.

I have had these for a while now and for every Panasonic earphone I have tried I have always reverted back to these. The HJE350. As I am listening to them now. You know what.. These are truly awesome. I know I recently made a thread for the CKM50 and by all means get a pair of those if you guys can get one for $25 on Amazon.  These panasonics however are sleepers for me..

If any of you guys want balance over bass with the best build and almost no microphonics. These are an amazing value. I realized just how good these are as of late because. These give some stiff competition to not only the Philips phones here but I think I actually prefer these over the UE500. Which has a very similar sound to these. The UE500 however cost $40-$70. These Panasonics only cost $20 and has even less microphonics over the UE500 with comparable build.

If great clarity and balanced sound is your preference. I encourage anyone to try these out for yourself..These sound very close to the full sized SONY XZ700 and even closer to a SHURE SRH440s..

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #944 of 101,913
I just made a new purchase for a bit less than $20...

New to the US. Not really in stock yet but came out in Japan in October. Anybody who can name them
popcorn.gif
?

A few too many earphones now though. If anybody wants my Isurus and/or SHE3580 shoot me a PM.

Jan 28, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #945 of 101,913
Nice. I think you will like these HJE350s. They are the type of earphone that initially don't impress but slowly but surely does. Oh and burn in on them is essential by the way. The mids and highs balance out just perfectly after. That earphone kinda looks like an AT design almost like the Ckm77s Let me know how you like them HJE350s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back