The discovery thread!
Jan 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #946 of 102,436

HJE355
Quote:
I just made a new purchase for a bit less than $20...

New to the US. Not really in stock yet but came out in Japan in October. Anybody who can name them
popcorn.gif
?

A few too many earphones now though. If anybody wants my Isurus and/or SHE3580 shoot me a PM.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #947 of 102,436
We have a winner. Possibly in more ways than one. Certainly worth the try at $19.87. They have some new concepts to implement...

Deep Bass Fit design allows for exceptional listening comfort thanks to a unique elongated phase inverter is developed on the basis of studies of the structure of the human ear. The elongated phase inverter with a specially designed soft silicone shell comfortably and securely inserted into the ear canal. Thanks to improved noise reduction, and the listener can enjoy all the nuances of the music without setting the maximum volume to drown out external noise.

And we have the larger speaker magnet the better concept...

In addition, RP-HJE355 headphones feature large 10.7-mm speaker with a powerful neodymium magnet N42, the size of which is 50% larger than the previous model RP-HJE350. It provides excellent sound quality and allows you to play audio nuances, even at low volume levels. The listener can enjoy high quality sound, which is not worse than the large traditional headphones.

They don't look half bad either and should be a little fun. I think the HJE180 sound more fun than either the Isurus or 3580 cause they have better mids and aggressive snarling guitars and good low bass-lines. HJE180 with UE grey single flanges that is. Like a little baby SM3. I like that you can crank 'em when outside or if I just feel like it. Then the treble comes out just right vs. the other two that have brightness that can get harsh when you try to rock out with them.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #949 of 102,436
The ones I saw on ebay from japan are indeed a bit pricey. I found them at Bottom Line Telecom. I've ordered from them before and been very happy. The two niggles would be that they are ordering them and they aren't in stock yet but It did let me pre-order them. They only charge when ready to ship and the shipping handling is always usually two bucks yet seems to get to me fast(they use multiple warehouses and the PA one is close to NY which explains that). The other niggle is that the green color which I wanted is Japan only(Red, Blue, Black, and White for US) so I opted for the red ones.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #951 of 102,436
Should be the same diaphragm with the bigger magnet and new housing design. Seems like they did their homework so it should be like a better HJE350. One things for sure, the Panny earphones are very comfy.

I do think the HJE-180 also doesn't match the best with my S639 and maybe you're Sony as well, Dsnuts. I don't need EQ on my Rocoo P, I use Power Drum setting on my E300, and don't EQ them with my Sony Minidisc. The S is the only thing I think about adding some treble to the 180's. I just  did a back to back with the Isurus adding some treble to the HJE180 to compensate vs. the Isurus. The result even on the S639 is the Panny have sweeter vocals and guitars are more engaging and have more of a hook. The Panny's treble when matched up to a similar level is also more to my liking as it sounds a bit quicker, livelier than the Isurus. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #953 of 102,436
Doing Some A/Bing. The MP8320 has the better stage for sure. Both have a good balance. The Treble of the HJE350 is a bit more defined while not as present as the MP8320. The mids on the HJE350 are sweeter sounding.. I wouldn't say the HJE350 is an upgrade but more of a side grade in sound but they have a much much better build. The least amount of microphonics on any earphone I have. Small dynamic drivers that will fit even small ears vs the gigantic 14.2mm drivers on the MP8320..

Man It has been a while since I listened to my MP8320.. These are FREAKING awesome. lol!!

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #955 of 102,436
So now that you guys know I have started the CKM50 thread. I want to indeed keep this one as anything related to finds that you guys feel need some attention to our friends and myself. Please feel free to introduce and or show the rest of us here any iems that you guys feel should be looked at. I will certainly support anyones claims that what ever you find might be something of interest to the rest of us.

I think by now all of us have enough understanding in our hobby to know what it takes for an iem to stand out enough for the rest of us to consider. So in other words. I appreciate the efforts of jant71 and others to make this thread into a discovery one. There is so much product out there that we as a collective have not tried/ discovered yet..It is hard work to find that "one". But together by golly! We can do it.!

So what is next for me? I am very interested in the new Philips phones that will be released soon. I do plan on getting them when they are released. Will do a full report once they are.

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #956 of 102,436
Not exactly an undiscovered IEM but the recent pair of Brainwavz Betas I got on sale were pretty good. I like it more than both the monoprices and the 3580s although I have yet to try the TTs. Compared to the Philips the mids are slightly more recessed but it is bassier and the soundstage is massive in comparison.

CMK50s on the way, I'm expecting it to be better than all of those @ twice the price!

Quote:
So now that you guys know I have started the CKM50 thread. I want to indeed keep this one as anything related to finds that you guys feel need some attention to our friends and myself. Please feel free to introduce and or show the rest of us here any iems that you guys feel should be looked at. I will certainly support anyones claims that what ever you find might be something of interest to the rest of us.

I think by now all of us have enough understanding in our hobby to know what it takes for an iem to stand out enough for the rest of us to consider. So in other words. I appreciate the efforts of jant71 and others to make this thread into a discovery one. There is so much product out there that we as a collective have not tried/ discovered yet..It is hard work to find that "one". But together by golly! We can do it.!

So what is next for me? I am very interested in the new Philips phones that will be released soon. I do plan on getting them when they are released. Will do a full report once they are.

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #957 of 102,436

Quote:
The ones I saw on ebay from japan are indeed a bit pricey. I found them at Bottom Line Telecom. I've ordered from them before and been very happy. The two niggles would be that they are ordering them and they aren't in stock yet but It did let me pre-order them. They only charge when ready to ship and the shipping handling is always usually two bucks yet seems to get to me fast(they use multiple warehouses and the PA one is close to NY which explains that). The other niggle is that the green color which I wanted is Japan only(Red, Blue, Black, and White for US) so I opted for the red ones.

Panasonic RP-HJE 355 green can be purchased on amazon.co.uk, so it also seems to be available to us in europe.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #958 of 102,436
^ Yeah that's what they do to the US. The HJE will be long cord here not .6M and no green as of yet. The FX40 is also coming next month...http://newsroom.jvc.com/2012/01/new-jvc-inner-ear-headphones-are-first-with-carbon-nanotubes-diaphragms-for-crisp-full-sound/
You'll notice the colors in the picture don't include the orange I was hoping to come across. US$29 MSRP is possibly a $20 street price here. I'd have to pay ~$55 to get an orange one. Just silver, blue, black, and red for us here.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #959 of 102,436
that JVC technology is in the FXT90.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #960 of 102,436

Quote:
that JVC technology is in the FXT90.

So, of course, they claim it is the first with the technology since they are only talking about JVC America. JVC America where FXT90's don't exist and orange FX40's are things of myth and legend
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back