The discovery thread!
Mar 13, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #8,041 of 103,330
Quote:
You're right sfwalcer. The CKN70 is the best thing since Hostess Twinkies and Wonder Bread! Silly me ... lol

Hey i said that these CKN70s were the complete upgrade i wanted outta of my JVC FX40s on initial impression that i didn't get from my JVC FXD70s. And that they are similar to the FXD70s but with more body/ bass to them. So i am with you on that front BUT why i gots this nagging feeling we're gonna be eating our words when these get a good ol' burn-in/ beat down. LoL

Oh i also noticed that there was no "CNT" label on these CKN70s as well, cuz i was looking for it on the package but didn't find any. hmmm
rolleyes.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #8,044 of 103,330
Thank you sir! 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Here you go boys and girls.  It says the same on the box in the back but it's in Japanese.  This is from the instruction booklet.  

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #8,045 of 103,330
Quote:
^ LMAO READ THE FINE PRINT YA'LL!!!   O.O

Great reading comprehension/ investigative skills Danny.
biggrin.gif
Damn you can read all them Jpnese as well???
eek.gif
cool.gif

There's always that chance, sfwalcer. But the CKS1000 is a stone cold winner to my ears!

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #8,046 of 103,330
Quote:
^ LMAO READ THE FINE PRINT YA'LL!!!   O.O

Great reading comprehension/ investigative skills Danny.
biggrin.gif
Damn you can read all them Jpnese as well???
eek.gif
cool.gif

Cannot read Japanese but a few numbers and letters in the booklet are the same on the back of the box so I put the two together.  
wink.gif

Quote:
Thank you sir! 
beerchug.gif

You're welcome.  And as much as I am impressed with the CKN70's, I still think the CKS1000's are hard to beat.  

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #8,047 of 103,330
Quote:
Cannot read Japanese but a few numbers and letters in the booklet are the same on the back of the box so I put the two together.  
wink.gif

You're welcome.  And as much as I am impressed with the CKN70's, I still think the CKS1000's are hard to beat.  

Damn looks like these FXZs are getting no love. haha

Oh and you don't count ericp since we all know how big of a JVC fan boi you are.
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #8,048 of 103,330
Cannot read Japanese but a few numbers and letters in the booklet are the same on the back of the box so I put the two together.  :wink:

The fact that a $70 IEM is being compared to a $250 one says a lot. Maybe I'm crazy, but that sounds like great value to me. I would sincerely hope that the 1000's would best the 70s.
Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #8,050 of 103,330
The value is never in question.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #8,051 of 103,330
I was trying, in a roundabouts kind of way, to say that it almost seems illogical to compare them from a 'which is better' point of view. It would make more sense to me to simply point out how/in what ways the 70s come close to the 1000's.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #8,052 of 103,330
A little update on the MX2.. Goes to show you all new electronics need burn in as much as new earphones. The sound has in deed changed.. Not only much better balanced. The highs have fully come out of hiding since open box. Now it has a very nice balance to the sounds on the MX2.. I will let it play out another several days straight but I do like how this unit is turning out..Instrument separation and space has improved as well as the overall detail of the music. Very nice..

Glad you got a pair Ericp.. I am sure those will impress with more use and burn in. Big burn in they need.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #8,053 of 103,330
Quote:
A little update on the MX2.. Goes to show you all new electronics need burn in as much as new earphones. The sound has in deed changed.. Not only much better balanced. The highs have fully come out of hiding since open box. Now it has a very nice balance to the sounds on the MX2.. I will let it play out another several days straight but I do like how this unit is turning out..Instrument separation and space has improved as well as the overall detail of the music. Very nice..

Glad you got a pair Ericp.. I am sure those will impress with more use and burn in. Big burn in they need.

These CKN70s were impressive already upon open box but after 2 days on full blast, they are slowly opening up. The harshness has settled down a bit and with the MH1C tips these are so freaken fun, engaging and addictive it's not even funny. So much SPARKLE!!!

edit: keep those MX2 updates coming Ds, do they blow your Fire Phoenix outta the water???

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #8,054 of 103,330
Quote:
You hear that ghost??? You're HOGWASH!!!
tongue.gif

Great impressions ericp.
LMAO.
beerchug.gif
She sure has great taste.
wink_face.gif

LOL !   ...that just proves we all hear differently, Ericp is entitled to his opinion of them straight from open box, I'm just surprised he's not mentioned anything about the harsh treble of the raw drivers. In any case, he still has my respects for his "hype" of the FXD70 and TDK iems.

It's no secret I'm digging them CKN70 currently and I prefer them slightly more than both my FXZ100 and 200 but they are by no means the end all do all iems  ...and I'm moving on to the Vsonic GR07 Bass,    ...the search continues !

....isn't that what this thread's all about ???
confused.gif

PS:   ...the AD900X are still the king on top my heaps of audio phones currently, unless I get to hear a well burned AD2000X or if the Nutman sez something else's better, then I get all curious and excited to hear it as well.

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #8,055 of 103,330
Quote:

LOL !   ...that just proves we all hear differently, Ericp is entitled to his opinion of them straight from open box, I'm just surprised he's not mentioned anything about the harsh treble of the raw drivers. In any case, he still has my respects for his "hype" of the FXD70 and TDK iems.

It's no secret I'm digging them CKN70 currently and I prefer them slightly more than both my FXZ100 and 200 but they are by no means the end all do all iems  ...and I'm moving on to the Vsonic GR07 Bass,    ...the search continues !

....isn't that what this thread's all about ???
confused.gif

PS:   ...the AD900X are still the king on top my heaps of audio phones currently, unless I get to hear a well burned AD2000X or if the Nutman sez something else's better, then I get all curious and excited to hear it as well.

The ghost has reappeared!!! You gonna try those GR07 BE as well??? LMAO  I like your subtle style of mud slinging meng.
wink_face.gif
It's great to hear you're still digging those ADxs. But let me ask you a question though, what do/ would you consider as your "end all do all iems"??? Will you know it only if you get to hear it or you have some notion of what it entails cuz i don't think such a thing exist meng.
confused_face_2.gif
Sorry to break it to ya'.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back