The discovery thread!
Mar 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #8,011 of 103,722
Quote:

The best cable I have fondled so far is the gr07be cable. Thick, robust, a joy to 3 finger wrap (lol), never gets friggin' tangled up with itself (I'm looking at you, you crazy 8320's!), and when it's pulled out of it's case, it magically uncoils. Just sayin'

Just picked up a pair of gr07be's. Nice earphone, will give it some burn in, but right off the bat, they sound good.
Picked them up on the recent lendMeUrEars sale.

And yes, the cable is a treat. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #8,012 of 103,722
Quote:
Stop trying to sell those GR07 BEs to me WAYNE.
wink_face.gif
Yeah i noticed from pics that the cable on those GR07 seem godly as well. How you liking that candy cane flavor??? LoL It's like its Christmas everyday. haha

Lol! It's pretty subdued actually - kind of a gray/magenta as opposed to white/red. So really, it's just cool looking
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #8,013 of 103,722
Quote:

Lol! It's pretty subdued actually - kind of a gray/magenta as opposed to white/red. So really, it's just cool looking
tongue.gif

Damn i can't wait for atomik to give me the green light, so i can get my dirty lil' hands on them. Really want to know the hype behind them.  Damn that mochill for making me curious.
biggrin.gif
But he is always right on the money, DEM DARK KNIGHT CHINESE CHEAPO FTW!!! LoL

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #8,014 of 103,722
Quote:

Just picked up a pair of gr07be's. Nice earphone, will give it some burn in, but right off the bat, they sound good.
Picked them up on the recent lendMeUrEars sale.

And yes, the cable is a treat. 

Glad you got them! Apparently they do well with 300 hours of burn - thankfully they do sound great right out of the box! I'm looking forward to your impressions though (especially considering the iem's that you currently have in your arsenal).

Since I don't have the xba3's any more, it would also be interesting to get your impressions of the gr07be's compared to them (if yours aren't already packed up). About the only improvement I could think of making to the gr07be's would be to add the depth and 3d-ness of the xba3's. But that's about it!

Edit: Btw, I just posted a few impressions here.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #8,015 of 103,722
Is it actually possible to use the CKN70s with my phone in my right pocket, without any tugging? Should I use the clip and where should I clip it to (Noob question but I've never used a clip with IEMs before)

Mar 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #8,017 of 103,722
How are the GR07s compared to the CKN70s? I was thinking about buying them, but I got the 70s instead. Never looked back.

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #8,018 of 103,722
Quote:
How are the GR07s compared to the CKN70s? I was thinking about buying them, but I got the 70s instead. Never looked back.

Supposedly they are better than the JVC FXZ200s according to mochill, but we all know he is a Chinese iem fanatic so......
rolleyes.gif

Unless he send me his pair we will never truly know cuz i am never biased and is always objective.
biggrin.gif

CNT FTW!!!

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #8,019 of 103,722
Quote:
Supposedly they are better than the JVC FXZ200s according to mochill, but we all know he is a Chinese iem fanatic so......
rolleyes.gif

Unless he send me his pair we will never truly know cuz i am never biased and is always objective.
biggrin.gif

CNT FTW!!!

I refuse to believe they are better than the FXZ200s...

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #8,021 of 103,722
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646964/review-jvc-fxz-100-fun-o-phile

wink.gif

The way that the FXZ-100 vs 200 has been described sounds a lot like how the GR07 BE and MKII differ. Extrapolating my results and applying them to the FXZ-200 vs GR07 BE will result in similar conclusions.

FOR SCIENCE!

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #8,022 of 103,722
Quote:

wink.gif

The way that the FXZ-100 vs 200 has been described sounds a lot like how the GR07 BE and MKII differ. Extrapolating my results and applying them to the FXZ-200 vs GR07 BE will result in similar conclusions.

FOR SCIENCE!

If swfalcer would get off of his lazy butt and fire you off his 200's, then no extrapolation would be required!
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #8,023 of 103,722
Quote:

I am open to anything tbh, not surprised if those GR07 Bass Edition might sound better, nuff said...........

BUT these FXZ200s are the only iems that sounds like a set of full size headphones, while some say a 2.1 speaker system with the sub bass kicking up crazy @ss dust.................... for certain albums. If these FXZ200s rendered ALL my albums this amazingly, OMG!!! Sadly that pesky ghost was completely right that it doesn't make your entire music collection sound eargasmic, only certain ones for some strange reason.  This is driving them straight out of my ipods of course so................

Quote:
Is there anything similar to CKN70 but with a Y-cord?

Maybe the JVC FXD 80s??? I dunno never tried/ heard them. Although these CKN70s kinda remind me of my WELL burned in FXD70s with more bass/ less lean sounding sound signature.

Quote:

wink.gif

FOR SCIENCE!

I might be with you regarding these FXZs ekey boi. But only more time will tell.

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,024 of 103,722
Quote:
Is it actually possible to use the CKN70s with my phone in my right pocket, without any tugging? Should I use the clip and where should I clip it to (Noob question but I've never used a clip with IEMs before)

In my experience, attach the clip right below where the cord splits, or even a bit lower. Then try clipping that somewhere on your neck.

If we don't educate you we're gonna lose all our J-cord IEMs! LOL 
etysmile.gif
 Sony and ATH have been wiping them from their products because of... you people! 
mad.gif

It's actually quite surprising that the CKNs came out with J-cord, I think it was the only 2012 headphone product that did.

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #8,025 of 103,722
Quote:

If swfalcer would get off of his lazy butt and fire you off his 200's, then no extrapolation would be required!
biggrin.gif

^ I'll let you live for now WAYNE since you still got those godly ADxs. But only for now.................................
....... i am watching you!!!

Hey why not the other way around???
frown.gif

edit: amen there heatofmatch, j-cords if done right can be fantastic versatile life savers. They have their purpose and yes you clip it just a bit under where the cable splits onto your shirt collars, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back