Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 24

post #346 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPro_MetheuSx View Post

so you prefer gr07 BE over h-100 ? I'm not basshead but you know it's trance music and I really like sweet deep bass ofcourse with high clearity. So should I buy gr07 BE ?

 

Yep, get the BE.

post #347 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPro_MetheuSx View Post

so you prefer gr07 BE over h-100 ? I'm not basshead but you know it's trance music and I really like sweet deep bass ofcourse with high clearity. So should I buy gr07 BE ?

I personally think trance (and any electronic music for that matter) sounds fantastic with the BE...the low end frequencies extend pretty far.

post #348 of 2411

I provided these impressions to a fellow head-fier. Figured I'd post a very slightly edited version here as well...

 

"I can't really find any fault with them. They seem to technically very good. Great quality bass, not much (if any) of a mid-bass hump or bleeding into the mids. Very nice and fairly forward mids. Very nice, detailed and extended highs (glad they are not any brighter though, since I am sensitive to that - but further burn in should work to my advantage in that area). Nice overall warmth and timbre. Really, pretty amazing relative to the iem's that I have had experience with.

 

I find the soundstage to be fairly wide, and the instruments separated nicely in that way. If there was more depth, then that would be awesome (I'm thinking the 3d quality of the xba3's for instance). But that's about the only thing that I can think of to improve them. So overall, I'm extremely happy with the SQ.

 

Physically, I love their flat profile (relative to something frankenboltish like my fxd70's) - I can lay in bed and fall asleep with them. And I love the cable: thick, tangle-free. I like all of the tips and the ear guides that were provided, although I wish they also provided a clip. I am coming to the realization that I prefer straight down iem's compared to over the ear (simply because I take them off and on quite a bit), but that's just a personal preference.

 

Also.. I find them to be very comfortable as well - they stay in the ears nicely (not like the mh1c's or the fxd70's). And, I really like the way the nozzle angles can be adjusted."

 

Edit: there is some chance that I am out to lunch on my "depth" impressions lol. I will report back...

 

Edit2: I compared the gr07be's with my other iem's while listening more closely to some tunes that present some good layering and dynamic range. This little test told me that I was liquored when I said what I said above about depth and 3d-ness. It really highlighted that the layering, 3d-ness, instrument separation, detail and speed of the gr07be's was by far superior to any of my current iem's. It also highlighted the wider dynamic range - I'm hearing lower lows and higher highs, and it's all sounding awesome. Hmm, so I guess these things are pretty much perfect after all smile.gif


Edited by waynes world - 3/13/13 at 9:13pm
post #349 of 2411
The xba-3 really improves after removing the foam filters and adding radioshack medium tips on them smily_headphones1.gif
post #350 of 2411

Does anybody know any foam or hybrid tips with bigger hole in middle. Like ultimate ears tips. They seem to fit me better. Or how about klipch oval tips, do they fit vsonics? I couldnt get a decent seal with any included tips, and foam ones didnt sound that good. 

post #351 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by famas48 View Post

Does anybody know any foam or hybrid tips with bigger hole in middle. Like ultimate ears tips. They seem to fit me better. Or how about klipch oval tips, do they fit vsonics? I couldnt get a decent seal with any included tips, and foam ones didnt sound that good. 

 

You can try the Meelec M6 tips. They have a larger size that may hep

post #352 of 2411

seem to be same as philips she3590 ones. They fit me alright but its hard to wear them longer than 30 minutes. 

post #353 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by famas48 View Post

seem to be same as philips she3590 ones. They fit me alright but its hard to wear them longer than 30 minutes. 

 

No not at all. The meelectronics tips are silicone:

 

http://www.meelec.com/category_s/379.htm

post #354 of 2411

I added this to the impressions that I posted earlier...

 

Quote:

Edit2: I compared the gr07be's with my other iem's while listening more closely to some tunes that present some good layering and dynamic range. This little test told me that I was liquored when I said what I said above about depth and 3d-ness. It really highlighted that the layering, 3d-ness, instrument separation, detail and speed of the gr07be's was by far superior to any of my current iem's. It also highlighted the wider dynamic range - I'm hearing lower lows and higher highs, and it's all sounding awesome. Hmm, so I guess these things are pretty much perfect after all smile.gif

post #355 of 2411
Can't stress enough how excellent they are. They can only get better with burn in , and they really do smily_headphones1.gif
post #356 of 2411
By the way I'm using mine right now listening to backstreetboy( don't hate) biggrin.gif
post #357 of 2411

My order only gave me ,that it left illonois,3 days ago.

i ordered mine form their website....took advantage of the sale...think it was $139.-something.

hope they arrive tomorrow?

post #358 of 2411

Quote:

Originally Posted by mochill View Post
The xba-3 really improves after removing the foam filters and adding radioshack medium tips on them smily_headphones1.gif

interesting, how so?

post #359 of 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek200 View Post

My order only gave me ,that it left illonois,3 days ago.

i ordered mine form their website....took advantage of the sale...think it was $139.-something.

hope they arrive tomorrow?

When I ordered, I think it took about 4-5 days to the Va. DC Metro area.  You got them for a great price, too.  I'd like to hear what you think of them compared to the Mad Dogs, as I'm considering getting a pair to have a set of closed full-sized headphones.  Make sure you let them burn in for at least 50 hours, that's when I noticed they begin to truly shine. biggrin.gif I wear mine just about every day on my commute and couldn't be more pleased!

post #360 of 2411
Clarity , bass texture, treble speed improved quite abit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions