The discovery thread!
Mar 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #8,026 of 103,325
Quote:
Hey why not the other way around???
frown.gif

Ha ha - I'm definitely good with it "the other way around" - just messing with ya! Btw, I've seen your excellent and pervasive lobbying efforts for "the other way around", and I do believe that if you keep up those fine efforts, someone will break (but it won't be me since you dissed the MT300's that I sent you so bad lol).

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #8,027 of 103,325
Quote:

Ha ha - I'm definitely good with it "the other way around" - just messing with ya! Btw, I've seen your excellent and pervasive lobbying efforts for "the other way around", and I do believe that if you keep up those fine efforts, someone will break (but it won't be me since you dissed the MT300's that I sent you so bad lol).

LMAO i knew those MT300s would bite me back in the @ss one of these days, but it is still worth it.
biggrin.gif
You Canadians are just too lovely, was expecting to be well you know.....................

.... is that you WAYNE with the torch???

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #8,029 of 103,325
Quote:
I am open to anything tbh, not surprised if those GR07 Bass Edition might sound better, nuff said...........

BUT these FXZ200s are the only iems that sounds like a set of full size headphones, while some say a 2.1 speaker system with the sub bass kicking up crazy @ss dust.................... for certain albums. If these FXZ200s rendered ALL my albums this amazingly, OMG!!! Sadly that pesky ghost was completely right that it doesn't make your entire music collection sound eargasmic, only certain ones for some strange reason.  This is driving them straight out of my ipods of course so................

Maybe the JVC FXD 80s??? I dunno never tried/ heard them. Although these CKN70s kinda remind me of my WELL burned in FXD70s with more bass/ less lean sounding sound signature.

I might be with you regarding these FXZs ekey boi. But only more time will tell.

You just might have to sell them to me... :wink:

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #8,030 of 103,325
Quote:
sfwalcer, you ever getting that amp?? when are you joining the amp club??

Tracking says the 15th, this friday, last seen in Ohio LMAO. I want that damn thing too, but shipping is slow as hell. ha

Why don't you send me your C&C BH or am i confusing you with another head-fier.
biggrin.gif
That lil' mofo lasts for 80hrs on 1 single charge!!! O.O     mWoWm

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #8,033 of 103,325
Quote:
Someone else. i just have the e17 & o2. and aune t1 which I just got today. :d

Oh nice nice, looks like you are all ampped/ dacced out. haha Let us know how that Aune t1 works out for you, cuz a old timer head-fier i spoke to told me they are of great value/ buy, punches up there and was surprised that Ds out of all people was the only one that didn't dig it much. LoL

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #8,034 of 103,325
Hey guys, I bought me some lg quadbeat mentioned by somebody a few weeks back. Didnt have a mic yet so ordered one off ebay.
And must say im impressed. For me they come close to the FXD80 and the FX101 is really no match. 
Build is average and the included tips are just bad.

Overall cheap build but decent sounding phones. considering the 25$ pricetag.

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #8,035 of 103,325
Quote:
BUT these FXZ200s are the only iems that sounds like a set of full size headphones, while some say a 2.1 speaker system with the sub bass kicking up crazy @ss dust.................... for certain albums. If these FXZ200s rendered ALL my albums this amazingly, OMG!!! Sadly that pesky ghost was completely right that it doesn't make your entire music collection sound eargasmic, only certain ones for some strange reason.  This is driving them straight out of my ipods of course so................

Maybe the JVC FXD 80s??? I dunno never tried/ heard them. Although these CKN70s kinda remind me of my WELL burned in FXD70s with more bass/ less lean sounding sound signature.

That's the character of them FXZ200, some tracks are meh while others will floor you, but with a well burned in CKN70, most tracks will set you tapping your feet, and several will even get you down on the floor doing the wormy dub-step !
L3000.gif

Quote:
LMAO i knew those MT300s would bite me back in the @ss one of these days, but it is still worth it.
biggrin.gif
You Canadians are just too lovely, was expecting to be well you know.....................

.... is that you WAYNE with the torch???

That looks like you on the stake
biggrin.gif
   ...Oh dear, they even tied you upside down. (How I know ?  ...that tiny little bump on top is a dead giveaway !
tongue.gif
)

Quote:
sfwalcer said:
Quote:
You just might have to sell them to me... :wink:

/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just might...............
rolleyes.gif
but all in due time my friend all in due time.

OH, for Mochill sakes !   ...get on it dude, just hook him up to them !

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #8,036 of 103,325
So, been out of town on business for a week. A friend in the city I'm in travels the world. He also knows I'm into earphones. Guess what he surprised me with? The CKN70! Good to have great buddies! Just had a chance to listen to them for awhile this evening, and I happen to have the CKN50, FXZ100 and CKS1000 with me.

First thing first, the CKN70 is quite refined with some serious black space. If it improves (I have no doubt it will), it will be a serious bang for the buck contender. Yet, it falls flat to me base on all of the hype and praise it received from people who heard it straight out the box like I did. Yes, I'm stating it: I felt the CKN70 was overhyped. Is it better than it's little brother, the CKN50? Yes it is, but not by leaps and bounds out of the box. A well burnt in CKN50 is still quite capable. Does it surpass the FXZ100? Geez, this is tricky because I don't' hear the CKN70/50 leaving my FXZ100 in the dust like some claimed upon first hearing it. Yes, I'm going to admit the 70 is more refined, and the mids are incredible (that towers over the FXZ100), But there is something magical in the lower mids and the bass of the the well-burned in FXZ100, that the 70 just isn't touching yet. Maybe it will, but I'm not hearing it. And finally, as good as I think the 70 is and can be, I don't hear it surpassing one of the newer AT flagships, the CKS1000. This well burned-in IEM is just incredible with it's clear bass and seemingly layered mids out of one dynamic driver (albeit the music is tuned to go through some elaborate chamber system that I'm sure help gives the IEM the sound signature and sense of more than one driver). Yes, I'm enjoying the CKS1000 over the FXZ100 (and over the FXZ200 when I owned it). 

Then again, none of these sound signatures are similar, except the 70 and 50, so sometimes I think the comparisons are unfair. The 70 is clearer than the FXZ100, but it doesn't sound better yet to me. One other thing, I can't find anywhere on the box or in the papers where it states the 70 is using carbon nanotubes (I know it says that on the AT website, and I could swear I read that about the 50 at one time on the website, but now that's gone). I'm not saying it's not CNT, but I found it interesting that it's not advertised and promoted on the actual product like JVC did theres. If I overlooked it please point it out to me. And this is truly one time where I'm so happy that I'm more into the sound than the physicality of the product, because this cable is irritating to me (just like the 50's cable). The silver housings are beautiful to me though. I can't wait to get home and compare it to the FXD80/70 (which should be late tomorrow evening or early Friday). If you only heard something like the FX40 and want to raise your listening bar at a good price, by all means get a pair of CKN70s. But some of this talk that it surpasses some of the top tiers is a bunch of hogwash. It is one of the best (if not the best) under $100 IEMs out there though, I do believe. Happy listening.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #8,037 of 103,325
I was really looking at getting the CKN70s, but I just took the plunge on the ws99s, So I guess the MH1C will have to remain my budget champs for now. 

Also on the budget-fi front, I gave my pair of S500s to my fiancee' to use for the evening...She just came into the room and notified me that I shouldn't expect to be using them again any time soon. :)

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #8,038 of 103,325
My buddy says he finds the FXD80 to be more 3-D than the CKN70, but applauds the CKN70 for clarity and refinement. He has the D80 and 70 almost equal in enjoyment, and gives the D80 the win in build quality. He says the 70 has a slight edge in vocals.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #8,039 of 103,325
Quote:
So, been out of town on business for a week. A friend in the city I'm in travels the world. He also knows I'm into earphones. Guess what he surprised me with? The CKN70! Good to have great buddies! Just had a chance to listen to them for awhile this evening, and I happen to have the CKN50, FXZ100 and CKS1000 with me.

First thing first, the CKN70 is quite refined with some serious black space. If it improves (I have no doubt it will), it will be a serious bang for the buck contender. Yet, it falls flat to me base on all of the hype and praise it received from people who heard it straight out the box like I did. Yes, I'm stating it: I felt the CKN70 was overhyped. Is it better than it's little brother, the CKN50? Yes it is, but not by leaps and bounds out of the box. A well burnt in CKN50 is still quite capable. Does it surpass the FXZ100? Geez, this is tricky because I don't' hear the CKN70/50 leaving my FXZ100 in the dust like some claimed upon first hearing it. Yes, I'm going to admit the 70 is more refined, and the mids are incredible (that towers over the FXZ100), But there is something magical in the lower mids and the bass of the the well-burned in FXZ100, that the 70 just isn't touching yet. Maybe it will, but I'm not hearing it. And finally, as good as I think the 70 is and can be, I don't hear it surpassing one of the newer AT flagships, the CKS1000. This well burned-in IEM is just incredible with it's clear bass and seemingly layered mids out of one dynamic driver (albeit the music is tuned to go through some elaborate chamber system that I'm sure help gives the IEM the sound signature and sense of more than one driver). Yes, I'm enjoying the CKS1000 over the FXZ100 (and over the FXZ200 when I owned it). 

Then again, none of these sound signatures are similar, except the 70 and 50, so sometimes I think the comparisons are unfair. The 70 is clearer than the FXZ100, but it doesn't sound better yet to me. One other thing, I can't find anywhere on the box or in the papers where it states the 70 is using carbon nanotubes (I know it says that on the AT website, and I could swear I read that about the 50 at one time on the website, but now that's gone). I'm not saying it's not CNT, but I found it interesting that it's not advertised and promoted on the actual product like JVC did theres. If I overlooked it please point it out to me. And this is truly one time where I'm so happy that I'm more into the sound than the physicality of the product, because this cable is irritating to me (just like the 50's cable). The silver housings are beautiful to me though. I can't wait to get home and compare it to the FXD80/70 (which should be late tomorrow evening or early Friday). If you only heard something like the FX40 and want to raise your listening bar at a good price, by all means get a pair of CKN70s. But some of this talk that it surpasses some of the top tiers is a bunch of hogwash. It is one of the best (if not the best) under $100 IEMs out there though, I do believe. Happy listening.

You hear that ghost??? You're HOGWASH!!!
tongue.gif

Great impressions ericp.
Quote:
I was really looking at getting the CKN70s, but I just took the plunge on the ws99s, So I guess the MH1C will have to remain my budget champs for now. 

Also on the budget-fi front, I gave my pair of S500s to my fiancee' to use for the evening...She just came into the room and notified me that I shouldn't expect to be using them again any time soon. :)

LMAO.
beerchug.gif
She sure has great taste.
wink_face.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #8,040 of 103,325
Quote:
You hear that ghost??? You're HOGWASH!!!
tongue.gif

Great impressions ericp.
LMAO.
beerchug.gif
She sure has great taste.
wink_face.gif

You're right sfwalcer. The CKN70 is the best thing since Hostess Twinkies and Wonder Bread! Silly me ... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back