The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #7,666 of 99,956
Quote:
I'll give him a pass, since he got those godly CKN 70s, only cuz of THAT!!!

beerchug.gif

....but seriously !   ...go get yourself a pair of Wizard's whiskered, CKN70   ...thank me later !
wink_face.gif

I'm quite certain we'll see more positive comments like the one from marlon being posted as more guys get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonmarabe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

just got my ckn70. excellent dynamics that sounds very spacious. cant believe this is a microdriver. pure audio bliss

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #7,669 of 99,956
Okay so I'm gonna leave the FXZ00's and CKS1000 for now and wait until something better comes along when I have more money. For now though which should I choose? ATH CKN70 or Sony XB90EX?

As I've said before, here are my requirements:

I enjoy bass but I don't want it to bleed into any of the other frequencies or overpower the vocals. I'm looking for a IEM that doesn't have any flaws in the highs and mids. I currently own the JVC FX101 and JVC s500. I'm looking for an upgrade in every department to the s500's (BASS MUST BE AT LEAST LEVEL IN QUANTITY WITH S500 STOCK) excluding soundstage as I don't care for it much.

Which of these IEM's match my description the most? 

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #7,670 of 99,956
Quote:
Okay so I'm gonna leave the FXZ00's and CKS1000 for now and wait until something better comes along when I have more money. For now though which should I choose? ATH CKN70 or Sony XB90EX?

As I've said before, here are my requirements:

I enjoy bass but I don't want it to bleed into any of the other frequencies or overpower the vocals. I'm looking for a IEM that doesn't have any flaws in the highs and mids. I currently own the JVC FX101 and JVC s500. I'm looking for an upgrade in every department to the s500's (BASS MUST BE AT LEAST LEVEL IN QUANTITY WITH S500 STOCK) excluding soundstage as I don't care for it much.

Which of these IEM's match my description the most? 

Final Audio Design IV should well exceed your expectations:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620450/review-final-audio-design-heaven-iv-do-you-believe-in-magic
http://iahpt.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/review-final-audio-design-heaven-iv-uniqueness/

Cheapest here:
http://www.accessoryjack.com/final-audio-design-heaven-iv-balancing-air-movement-in-ear-headphones-black-fi-he4bbl.html

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #7,671 of 99,956
Quote:

Thanks for the recommendation but I have already considered other IEM's and have now narrowed it down to the two I mentioned.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #7,672 of 99,956
I still wonder if the CKN70 are gonna be an upgrade to my Yamaha EPH100 which I love so much. I only since they are both micro dynamics, but the ATH are almost half the price. :p

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #7,673 of 99,956
So who will be the guinea pig this time?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=pe_36900_28377600_pe_gb_email_explore

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #7,675 of 99,956
hello dsnuts and every1, i was earlier browsing thru the ele dac pages and i noticed this unanswered question by omnom (which i also have):

"Is there a portable amp, equivalent to the ELE?"

in my case i use a sansa clip zip to do exercise so i think i dont have the luck of the android users for which the ELE DAC can work (or perhaps the clip's internal dac is already good enough and in the possiblity of ele dac working it would be pointless?), so that means i have to buy an amp: Which cheap and good one would make my sansa clip put my mh1c's to sound to its best ??

thanks in advance people!!

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #7,676 of 99,956
Quote:
hello dsnuts and every1, i was earlier browsing thru the ele dac pages and i noticed this unanswered question by omnom (which i also have):

"Is there a portable amp, equivalent to the ELE?"

in my case i use a sansa clip zip to do exercise so i think i dont have the luck of the android users for which the ELE DAC can work (or perhaps the clip's internal dac is already good enough and in the possiblity of ele dac working it would be pointless?), so that means i have to buy an amp: Which cheap and good one would make my sansa clip put my mh1c's to sound to its best ??

thanks in advance people!!

Well, you will have a choice of 2 if you're looking for cheap and cheerful.

I'd recommend either the FiiO E11 or the C&C BH.

The latter has a very clear, dynamic sound. Where the E11 can make some headphones/iems sound congested and/or muddy.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #7,677 of 99,956
Quote:

Well, you will have a choice of 2 if you're looking for cheap and cheerful.

I'd recommend either the FiiO E11 or the C&C BH.

The latter has a very clear, dynamic sound. Where the E11 can make some headphones/iems sound congested and/or muddy.

The way you phrase it makes it sound like there is really only one option 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #7,678 of 99,956
Wanna trade??? :veryevil:

TBH i am much more impress with new micro drivers than the traditional dynamic type. The cost in making them seems to be relatively cheaper and they sound many times as good as the old tech.

Hmm, my $90 IEMs for your $230 ones? Sure :p

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #7,679 of 99,956
Quote:

The way you phrase it makes it sound like there is really only one option 
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm happy to sell on my E11 just after a week of using the C&C BH.

If that's not falling in love, I don't know what is. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back