The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #7,651 of 99,968
BTW, that e12 turns the s500 into a very different and lovely beast as well!

Ah you finally got it, how does the E12 pair up with S500?

I got my C&C BH and loving the clarity this things puts out with the S500.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #7,652 of 99,968
Quote:
You can't just up n leave. Your the the first take guy. You got responsibilities Ghost. Don't mind the troll. He just don't want to hear about the CKN70s being this or that compared to his new toy.. He has been kinda silent no? 3 hours of blasting his tunes I bet. Sub bass a thon perhaps?

I have been blasting my drum n bass for a solid 48 hours. I will report back tomorrow if I get a chance to hear them..

Lol !    ...no intentions to !   ...them CKN70 are just too good not to share, I was just giving master toll, the trogan horse ...just so that he'll think it's safe to enjoy his new toy
very_evil_smiley.gif

...looking forward to your impression of them CKN70 with some burn in !   ...mine have changed into something I'm still trying to figure out, ie: lacking the words to describe them.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #7,653 of 99,968
this is for real?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sony-MDRXB60EX-Extra-Bass-In-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphones-MDR-XB60EX-GOLD-/310612454548?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4851f1ec94

if so, those or the Fx3x?

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #7,654 of 99,968
Quote:

Well, this finally sold it for me.  Between the CKN70 and the XB90EX, I pulled the trigger on the CKN70.  Should get here next week, hopefully... I can't wait to compare these to my MH1C!

You've made the right decision, buddy, trust me !

The MH1C are very, very good for what they cost but they don't hold a candle to the CKN70, I feel the bass level of the CKN70 are not lacking either, your attention is so drawn towards the mids that you'll hardly notice the bass ...play something that is mainly bass and you will know what I mean.

It is as Dsnuts has said earlier, it seems as if the iems knows when there are mids that will mash with the bass so it lessen the bass such that the mids remain crystal clear but when it is purely bass, boy does it have impact ! 

...and while all this is happening, the trebles are NOT just sitting on the fence behind minding their own business, instead they are running round and round the both of them, hitting here and there, totally involved. ...what a glorious sound !!!

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #7,655 of 99,968
Quote:
The gr07be's sound really great, but I didn't listen for too long before throwing them on the burner. Which is okay, because I really needed to get back to listening to the ad900x and e12 :)

BTW, that e12 turns the s500 into a very different and lovely beast as well!

I'm SO jealous !   

...got to wait til mid Mar in this region for our E12 !!!   ...where did they say they were made in again ?

Bet that AD900X and E12 match is just heavenly !

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #7,656 of 99,968
Quote:

You've made the right decision, buddy, trust me !

The MH1C are very, very good for what they cost but they don't hold a candle to the CKN70, I feel the bass level of the CKN70 are not lacking either, your attention is so drawn towards the mids that you'll hardly notice the bass ...play something that is mainly bass and you will know what I mean.

It is as Dsnuts has said earlier, it seems as if the iems knows when there are mids that will mash with the bass so it lessen the bass such that the mids remain crystal clear but when it is purely bass, boy does it have impact ! 

...and while all this is happening, the trebles are NOT just sitting on the fence behind minding their own business, instead they are running round and round the both of them, hitting here and there, totally involved. ...what a glorious sound !!!

What is this?!!! Were fairy dust involved in the making of this magical iem you speak of???
biggrin.gif

My FXZs still has the better cable ***grasping at straws***

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #7,657 of 99,968
Quote:
What is this?!!! Were fairy dust involved in the making of this magical iem you speak of???
biggrin.gif

If it makes you feel any better I'm jealous of your FXZ200s and I have the CKN70s.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #7,659 of 99,968
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better I'm jealous of your FXZ200s and I have the CKN70s.

Wanna trade???
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
just got my ckn70. excellent dynamics that sounds very spacious. cant believe this is a microdriver. pure audio bliss

TBH i am much more impress with new micro drivers than the traditional dynamic type. The cost in making them seems to be relatively cheaper and they sound many times as good as the old tech.

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #7,660 of 99,968
****** EXTREMELY ROUGH 1st IMPRESSIONS******
Welp, with the stock tips i wasn't completely floored by them. I was expecting to be utterly mind blown by it especially in the bass department, but sadly i wasn't. This made me realized 2 things, 1st thing is straight outta my ipod classic there is not enough power to drive them to their full potential (though it drives them adequately), 2nd the lackluster generic stock tips holds them back as well. Just like the stock tips for the ATH CKNs, JVC went the lazy route and seems to have just tossed the same stock tips used for FX40/ FX101s, etc in, unlike the custom built ones for their FXD line. 

...are so 2012 !

The CKN70 will totally get you "mind-blown" almost straight out of the box !
...No need DAC, AMP, Tip rolling, Thread trolling...

While i was tip rolling, the change in bass quality and quantity was very noticeable, some tips makes them almost "WOOFER" level and some made them just borderline basshead level. But thank god my seller hooked me up with a free set of Mee tips as well, which is much MUCH better than the stock ones provided by JVC. I got 2 different size double flanges, that works pretty well. Still picking out the best tips, though the MH1C med tips seems to bring the bass out the most, while the mids/ etc kinda suffers a bit, more on this later.

...with the CKN70 still attached to them !

...Only time I hear the woofer with these FXZ200 was when my "poor puppy" got hungry !

So yeah, what really took me by surprise was the built of these FXZs.  I expected the housing to be pretty heavy, but it wasn't. The hosing is of a good size albeit kinda bulky, similar to that of the FX3Xs but is surprisingly light as a feather. Kinda disappointed that JVC just put a really thin cloth mesh to over the driver hole, even more thin than whats used on cheaper FX lines, which makes it feel like it can come off easily.  haha

dumbbell for exercising my ears everytime I wear them !   ...soon, you'll be able to show off the ripling biceps on your ears for wear them ! 

Did I mentioned that CKN70 are lightweight as a feather ?

The highs and mids are lovely on these, soundstage is not huge but good enough. soundstage is crazy NICE!!! And i am still in search of them WOOFERS.........................continues to tip roll. LoL

...they said that with these, the sounds is all inside your head instead of outside.
LOL, bro....you're not trying to say you got a big head, right ?

...did I mentioned that the CKN70 has got really nice stage in terms of not just width and depth, but height as well   ...a 3D sound.

Enjoy them FXZ200, bro  ...they are my favourite triple drivers iem so last year's ! 
wink.gif

LOL, having fun with a little trolling of my own !    ...you bring out the trolling beast in me !
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #7,661 of 99,968
Quote:
biggrin.gif

I don't think they used fairy dust, it must be the wizard's whiskers they put in there !
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Lol !   ...welcome to "Troll the master Troll" !
wink_face.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #7,663 of 99,968
Wow! There's a new Master Troll in town LOL! Look out everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back