The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #7,696 of 101,172
Much better than the hybrids. These guys obviously copied Sony's hybrid design but the stock is twice as thick the material twice as soft and the nozzle twice as wide. These are what the hybrids should have been.

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #7,697 of 101,172
Quote:
Those look like hybrid tips.
biggrin.gif

They're not. The material is different, and the bore is wider. I agree with Ds, the auvio tips are some of the best you can get.

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #7,698 of 101,172
Wow I'll have to pick some up off eBay for myself if I can find them.

EDIT: can't find them on ebay, this is gonna be harder than I thought lol

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #7,700 of 101,172
CKN70s..The XB90Ex are excellent but the CKN70 has the higher end sound to my ears.  The XB90s are still the sub bass kings in my book but they lack timbre detail as the highs are rolled of.   If you want a smooth full sound with monster sub bass the XB90s are that. But the CKN70 is more about imagery, detail the resolution of sound it way up there. .If you try out a CKN70 and don't find them to your liking I bet they will be an easy sell and then you can try out a XB90EX or any other earphone.

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #7,703 of 101,172
It is not a bass emphasized earphone.. The bass is excellent here but you will notice the sweet sounding mids more so but if bass with good balance is what your looking for and if you can spend the money for them I would look into a CKS1000. If you don't have the cash for them. I would seriously consider trying out the CKS99.. Uses the exact same tech as the CKS1000. Obviously not as refined but it might be what your looking for and will cost much less.

CKS99 or a CKS1000. The reason why I can recommend the CKS99 unheard is because the pedigree we are talking about. They certainly would fall into the new AT sound category. I bet those CKS99 will meet or exceed your expectations

In fact even though I usually bite the bullet for new AT stuff. I want someone to try one out.. There is no way the CKS99 will fail. .

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #7,704 of 101,172
Quote:
It is not a bass emphasized earphone.. The bass is excellent here but you will notice the sweet sounding mids more so but if bass with good balance is what your looking for and if you can spend the money for them I would look into a CKS1000. If you don't have the cash for them. I would seriously consider trying out the CKS99.. Uses the exact same tech as the CKS1000. Obviously not as refined but it might be what your looking for and will cost much less.

CKS99 or a CKS1000. The reason why I can recommend the CKS99 unheard is because the pedigree we are talking about. They certainly would fall into the new AT sound category. I bet those CKS99 will meet or exceed your expectations

In fact even though I usually bite the bullet for new AT stuff. I want someone to try one out.. There is no way the CKS99 will fail. .

I was just gonna leave the CKS1000 (also FXZ200) as I mentioned before and wait until newer stuff comes out when I have more money.

As long as the CKN70 have solid bass that matches the s500's and is an upgrade in general, I will give them a shot. Who knows, I might even enjoy their sound signature like Ghostfit has been converted from bass orientated phones to mids.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #7,705 of 101,172
Quote:
As long as the CKN70 have solid bass that matches the s500's and is an upgrade in general, I will give them a shot. Who knows, I might even enjoy their sound signature like Ghostfit has been converted from bass orientated phones to mids.

Gee, I would give the CKN70's a shot. And if you don't like them, maybe I'll take them off of your hands. Somebody will for sure.

I understand what  Ds is saying. I doubt they will have the same quantity of bass as the S500's, but it sounds like they have quality bass. I have found that same "quality bass" effect with the ad900x's, and now with the gr07be's (and sfwalcer previously found the same thing with the mt300's bass.. he he). The point is, if the bass quantity is good, and the bass quality is excellent (ie detailed and textured, extending low without bleeding into the mids and not creating a mid-bass hump), then it really is a thing of beauty.

Considering the price of the CKN70's, they are sounding like a very good deal. And has been said, if they are not for you, I am sure you'll be able to sell them.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #7,706 of 101,172
For those who are curious, I stumbled across the JVC.eu accessory catalog.
http://www.e-jvc.eu/catalogues/jvc-accessories-2013-en/index.html#/16/zoomed
Most of the current headphones and a few of the new ones to come like the new XX and Ensy.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #7,707 of 101,172
Quote:
For those who are curious, I stumbled across the JVC.eu accessory catalog.
http://www.e-jvc.eu/catalogues/jvc-accessories-2013-en/index.html#/16/zoomed
Most of the current headphones and a few of the new ones to come like the new XX and Ensy.

The FXZ series isn't mentioned for some reason...

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #7,708 of 101,172
My CKN70s arrived today. Tenso blows me away with their speed. Order to delivery was just 5 days.

These are simply put, astonishing. I did a little burn in, put them on, and realized my jaw was on the floor 20 minutes later. These CKN70s are as special as I thought they would be. They are a definite upgrade over the CKN50s. This sound is something else. It’s rather similar to my XBA-30s, actually. Everything is pretty balanced and sounds effortless. Clarity, speed, and detail are top notch.

The bass is wonderful. It is full and powerful with armature-like control and precision. It's very much like bass from moving armature tech (a mix of dynamic and BA tech). The CKN70s deliver whatever the song calls for. These can be polite and controlled, or drop in with some eye opening power.

The mids are lush and beautifully layered. They are smoother than the mids on the CKN50s. Voices are nice and clear and sound very real. Live rock music is stunning with these. Guitars have a great bite and crunch.

The highs have this great snap and energy to them. Like the rest of the sound, there is great control and smoothness. The forwardness is the right amount to add some extra excitement and liveliness to the music, without being overbearing.

Those of you on the fence about these need to stop sitting and go get a pair. These could be the best IEMs I have ever heard.
I’m saying all of this and they haven’t even been fully burned in yet. Time to let the burn in commence. I’ll save the showdown with my current #1 XBA-30s for later.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #7,709 of 101,172
The CKN70's deserve their own thread. They really are up there as currently one of the best cost/performance stand outs of the last few months.
They have become my current favorite earphone.
Their sound is really something special.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #7,710 of 101,172
My CKN70s arrived today. Tenso blows me away with their speed. Order to delivery was just 5 days.

These are simply put, astonishing. I did a little burn in, put them on, and realized my jaw was on the floor 20 minutes later. These CKN70s are as special as I thought they would be. They are a definite upgrade over the CKN50s. This sound is something else. It’s rather similar to my XBA-30s, actually. Everything is pretty balanced and sounds effortless. Clarity, speed, and detail are top notch.

The bass is wonderful. It is full and powerful with armature-like control and precision. It's very much like bass from moving armature tech (a mix of dynamic and BA tech). The CKN70s deliver whatever the song calls for. These can be polite and controlled, or drop in with some eye opening power.

The mids are lush and beautifully layered. They are smoother than the mids on the CKN50s. Voices are nice and clear and sound very real. Live rock music is stunning with these. Guitars have a great bite and crunch.

The highs have this great snap and energy to them. Like the rest of the sound, there is great control and smoothness. The forwardness is the right amount to add some extra excitement and liveliness to the music, without being overbearing.

Those of you on the fence about these need to stop sitting and go get a pair. These could be the best IEMs I have ever heard.
I’m saying all of this and they haven’t even been fully burned in yet. Time to let the burn in commence. I’ll save the showdown with my current #1 XBA-30s for later.

Great first impressions man, and very tempting for me to buy a pair. Do you own the s500? I want to know how the bass is on the CKN70 compared to them before making the purchase.
Also, how is the isolation on these? I travel on public transport so would need it to be decent enough, something that the s500 doesn't do well enough. I mostly listen to Hip–Hop, Pop & Rock. Would this IEM suit these genres?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back