The discovery thread!
Feb 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #6,736 of 100,121
Quote:

I'm not going to post too many impressions until I get some more hours on the ad900x's, but the only thing that I might have been concerned about with them (before getting them) would have been insufficient low end. But no way. I am listening to some of this stuff edm right now, and I am getting hit with plenty of awesome bass and fullness from these puppies.

Is edm music real instraments?  Isn't that like Donna Summer, Disco/Dance music?

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #6,737 of 100,121
Quote:

If you don't have the original Somic's how are you going to compare to the MH463.'s, what pads are on them, stock?

For my MH463 I have the turtle beach headphone pads on them.  But just for official reference the MH463s was the "original Somics" that joe posted about, but the MTs were Cash's big discovery after he got those MH463s. Cash already have both the MH463s and the MTs, but he likes the MTs better and has already did some comparisons, so that's not my point. I am just saying that the Mh463s are really good as well, and that the MTs might sound similar to my HM5 modded S500s so i am in no rush to get them since I am more than happy with the somics i just got.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #6,738 of 100,121
Quote:
For my MH463 I have the turtle beach headphone pads on them.  But just for official reference the MH463s was the "original Somics" that joe posted about, but the MTs were Cash's big discovery after he got those MH463s. Cash already have both the MH463s and the MTs, but he likes the MTs better and has already did some comparisons, so that's not my point. I am just saying that the Mh463s are really good as well, and that the MTs might sound similar to my HM5 modded S500s so i am in no rush to get them since I am more than happy the somics i just got.

Can you verify that the MH463 had neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire, as used in the 83MT's?  I can't find it in any MH463 technical specs!

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #6,739 of 100,121
Quote:

Can you verify that the MH463 had neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire, as used in the 83MT's?  I can't find it in any MH463 technical specs!

LoL, i don't give a hoot about all technical specs, etc, just like the CNTs that was supposedly used for the S500s might just be all "gimmick," if it sounds good to my ears, i am a happy camper. I don't care if they have all that fancy shmancy "neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire." LMAO

But it is good to know that somic is claiming that they use some advance tech in their phones though. So props to them for making such great sounding gear for such a low price.
beerchug.gif

edit: Just like i don't give a hoot about all the fancy cables you uses for your mods, as long as it sounds good to you and makes you happy that's all it matters at the end of the day.

Oh yes, i went therrrrrrrrrrr!
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6,740 of 100,121
Quote:
LoL, i don't give a hoot about all technical specs, etc, just like the CNTs that was supposedly used for the S500s might just be all "gimmick," if it sounds good to my ears, i am a happy camper. I don't care if they have all that fancy shmancy "neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire." LMAO

But it is good to know that somic is claiming that they use some advance tech in their phones though. So props to them for making such great sounding gear for such a low price.

edit: Just like i don't give a hoot about all the fancy cables you uses for your mods, as long as it sounds good to you and makes you happy that's all it matters at the end of the day.

Oh yes, i went therrrrrrrrrrr!
biggrin.gif

They use the same fancy shmancy  "neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire.", hahahahaha!

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #6,741 of 100,121
Quote:

They use the same fancy shmancy  "neomydium voice coils with CCAW, copper clad aluminum wire.", hahahahaha!

That's right up your alley then!!! LoL Is that the reason why you didn't feel the need to re-cable your Somic MTs??? I remember you said you hated the stock cable on the MTs for some strange cute reasoning as always.  But you are the sound freak so it makes sense if that was the case.
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #6,742 of 100,121
Quote:
That's right up your alley then!!! LoL Is that the reason why you didn't feel the need to re-cable your Somic MTs??? I remember you said you hated the stock cable on the MTs for some strange cute reasoning as always.  But you are the sound freak so it makes sense if that was the case.
wink_face.gif

Hated the looks of the red stock cable, and it didn't lay flat/straight.....sound is great though.  I put some black sleeving on the red cable, that made it look better and lay flat, happy with the cable, not need to recable.......sounds just as good as my pure silver and copper wire on my S500.  I tried three different cables on the S500, plus the stock cable.  The silver and copper hybrid cable sounds the best on them, but you would need highly resolving gears to hear the difference, if at all, since you have not heard anything but stock cables.  Personal preference, remember I'm a picky person, not just anything will do for me! 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #6,743 of 100,121
Quote:

Hated the looks of the red stock cable, and it didn't lay flat/straight.....sound is great though.  I put some black sleeving on the red cable, that made it look better and lay flat, happy with the cable, not need to recable.......sounds just as good as my pure silver and copper wire on my S500.  I tried three different cables on the S500, plus the stock cable.  The silver and copper hybrid cable sounds the best on them, but you would need highly resolving gears to hear the difference, if at all, since you have not heard anything but stock cables.  Personal preference, remember I'm a picky person, not just anything will do for me! 
evil_smiley.gif

Thank god a re-cable is not needed to get the supposed godly sound you are hearing. So the million dollar question that naturally comes to mind is when are you are gonna sell me your fully loaded/ modded set of S500s since they have been utterly KILLED by these Somic MTs??? That thirst is still inside of me.
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #6,744 of 100,121
This is the last thing I'm going to say about these ad900x's for a while: Holy Mother of God they sound good.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #6,746 of 100,121
Feb 1, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #6,747 of 100,121
OK Guys, how can this thread which has so many bass oriented followers have ZERO mention of the Bowers and Wilkins C5? I picked up a pair from the Apple store figuring I could easily return them if I didn't like them. I have to say I think these headphones have been given a bad rap here on Head-fi. They have the most bass I have ever heard in an IEM and still have nice mids (that get better if you apply bass reduction) and the treble is also pretty nice. Over all I think they sound a heck of a lot better than I expected. Yes if there is a massive bass presence in a song the bass can bleed into the mids but the bass also seems to respond well to a bit of EQ if needed. The biggest thing is the mids and treble are not left out or poorly done, they are just not as strong as the bass.

Unless some of you have tried these and simply haven't thought to comment on them I throw an open challenge to some of the bass loving members to give these a try. I have not decided if I will keep mine yet as I want to see what happens to them with burn-in but if anyone picks them up from a store with a return policy, what's the harm?

BTW, I also find these to be pretty darn comfortable and I haven't had to tip roll outside of the included tips... I do see smaller ear members potentially having an issue with the loop thing but they are extremely comfortable in my average size ears.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #6,749 of 100,121
Anyone's 900x makes a weird hum when the cables are rested against your arm?  I have nothign playing and it's connected to my Magni, if there's no contact with my right arm it's dead silence but once my arm touches it there's a slight hum that gets louder with pressure.

Feb 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #6,750 of 100,121
What's the newest budget IEM that everyone is talking about? I'm getting kind-of bored with my JVC FX-40s. Just bought some M80s replace my FA-004s, and looking to upgrade my IEM too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back