The discovery thread!
Feb 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #22,006 of 100,109
  how less neutral is the TE-05?

Compared to the AX35? Hmm? It's quite noticeable to my ears. As mochill says, the Fostex is more natural than neutral. The AX35 is meant to be neutral and detailed. That it is. I'm not sure if it has more detailing than the TE-05. I don't think it does, or both are close. But I haven't listened to the AX35 for awhile.

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #22,007 of 100,109
So guys, how would you describe the sound signature of the TE05? Neutral from mids to high with boosted bass?
Really curious...

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #22,008 of 100,109

Compared to the AX35? Hmm? It's quite noticeable to my ears. As mochill says, the Fostex is more natural than neutral. The AX35 is meant to be neutral and detailed. That it is. I'm not sure if it has more detailing than the TE-05. I don't think it does, or both are close. But I haven't listened to the AX35 for awhile.

Natural. Neutral. Nothing beats my CKS1000's for either!  
ph34r.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #22,009 of 100,109
I see the te 05 is about to go "local"... Headphone.com had them listed $150, available 2-4 weeks,, can request email notification. B&H will allow you to pre-order at same price, shipping, don't specify arrival. If not in a big rush at this point, may be the way to go.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #22,010 of 100,109
I am going to have to quote a great person on this...

Some real tubez!

:p But thanks! Still no word on the HD700s but the supposed shipping time frame is Feb 19-20th. So I wait!
biggrin.gif

^ Oh yeah, tyme to do the tube dance!!! Yours is so BIG Mr.E!!! O.O

i meant the tube roll....
ph34r.gif

Natural. Neutral. Nothing beats my CKS1000's for either!  
ph34r.gif

^ HA! Those dusties??? Dem 1Ks are hasbeens by now, need to step it up MASA' WAYNE.
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #22,011 of 100,109
I see the te 05 is about to go "local"... Headphone.com had them listed $150, available 2-4 weeks,, can request email notification. B&H will allow you to pre-order at same price, shipping, don't specify arrival. If not in a big rush at this point, may be the way to go.

There, I fixed that for you. What bed and breakfast(B&B) sells Fostex anyway?
biggrin.gif

That means it won't be too long. I live a short train ride from B&H but that means I'd pay $13 more with the sales tax. I'm rooting for Headroom at this point :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #22,012 of 100,109
Went ahead and pre ordered from B&H, let let you know when they come

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #22,013 of 100,109

^ HA! Those dusties??? Dem 1Ks are hasbeens by now, need to step it up MASA' WAYNE.
tongue.gif

Well, I was joking about them being neutral and/or natural - they are neither. And for sure they are dusty (doesn't take long around here lol). But that doesn't stop them from sounding awesome whenever I throw them in my ears! 
smile.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #22,015 of 100,109
You know what, I think I'm going to stop giving impressions on which sounds better than the other unless there is some huge discrepancy. Why? Well, simply because it is not fair at this level to say. These earphones just sound differently, but it's not fair to say this one sounds better than that one. It's all about preference. And with someone like me who like different sound preferences it's really hard to say.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #22,016 of 100,109
You know what, I think I'm going to stop giving impressions on which sounds better than the other unless there is some huge discrepancy. Why? Well, simply because it is not fair at this level to say. These earphones just sound differently, but it's not fair to say this one sounds better than that one. It's all about preference. And with someone like me who like different sound preferences it's really hard to say.

+1000

I've been thinking the same thing all day today when I was planning to buy the fostex.

When I get them, they will be treated fairly as well as the im-02s. If the fostex sounds more natural, I'll be pretty fang happy, but my imams (im-02s, darn phone) will have something the fostex dont.

I had this problem with the martins as well. I can t just throw away the re700s, even if the martins sound better in rendering the actual instruments themselves. It doesnt have the smoothest sound I have heard on a headphone as of late. The re700s fit that bill.

But comparisons are always nice, and it all comes down to, once again, preference.

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #22,017 of 100,109
Not sure I get it though. If, for example, you describe/report the IM70 as thicker then something else you gave the right info which helps those who want thicker or thinner to differentiate. It is preference and those who like thinner might go Fostex and thicker IM70 and you never said one was better than the other anyway. Same with"phone X" has more bass or "phone Z" has more treble extension. More bass is preferred for some and more treble for others and still no "better" was uttered, AFAIR.

Mochill maybe with the  "Fostex is much better than Gratitude", "Fostex is better than Mikros", "X is better with the filter taken out" etc.
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #22,020 of 100,109

There, I fixed that for you. What bed and breakfast(B&B) sells Fostex anyway?:D

That means it won't be too long. I live a short train ride from B&H but that means I'd pay $13 more with the sales tax. I'm rooting for Headroom at this point :)

Thanks, spell check again... Have to use my phone from the office, Strong Internet blocks on computers, sometimes in a rush and gets past me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back