The discovery thread!
Feb 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #22,037 of 102,415
  Zero Audio ZH-DX210 or JVC FXD80? I need to make a decision super quickly! They cost the same right now and i'm wondering which ones are better. I'll mostly be listening to EDM, and noise isolation is a big ++ for me, as i'll be using them in airplanes from time to time too.

For reference, I found the FXT-90 meh sound quality wise, but I loved the CKN50's sound signature. 

I'm doing a review on all the zero audio phones right now. recommend you check out the carbon singulo which have the smoothness of the 200 tenores and the bass punch of the 210 bassos together.......more expensive and worth it by a lot...

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #22,039 of 102,415
Got my K545 replacement, today, after two days of delayed shipment due to severe weather up north.

And...

[size=1em]... the left driver is defective... AGAIN! No driver crinkling issues, this time, however... just significantly uneven volume compared to the right driver.[/size]

This is extremely odd because Brian said he tested these out before shipping. It seems that these headphones may not respond well to cold weather environments during shipment. This is the only theory I can think of....

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #22,041 of 102,415
Let them warm up, I think someone on the t90s thread had a similar issue but cleared up after some time.

More of a personal discovery, Miles Davis kind of blue album sounds great on my new speaker setup.
smily_headphones1.gif

Doubt it.

Before shipping out the replacement, Brian at razordog tested and confirmed no defects, and even volume on both sides.

He also confirmed the defective driver on the first pair, crinkling, and uneven volume on the left side. This pair has the exact same uneven volume issue... but no crinkling.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #22,042 of 102,415
Have you tried both cables to rule out that?

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #22,045 of 102,415
That is to bad, I don't blame you one bit. I walked away from my SHR-940 after my first pair broke. Just couldn't trust it wasn't going to happen again. If you can handle on ears, maybe those Mikros will do the trick. My inner geek wants to try the SHR-1540 something fierce. Having reviewed the 1840 I know the construction will not be an issue.

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #22,048 of 102,415
A pleasure, he's from Cuba, have some of his recordings, but, obviously, (from the video), need to go see him live...
:beerchug:

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #22,049 of 102,415
So, back to the Mikros..I originally found them on the Deals thread, where the discontinued price drop was noted. I was on a bit of a spree with holiday sales, and wound up with 4 on ears ,ML, Yamaha 200 (I think), BT1350, and Sennheiser Amperiors, so I did a comparison and wrote it up. I liked the Sennheiser best, followed by ML and Yamaha in a dead heat, then lastly the Beyers. All the Mikros hoopla had me questioning my impressions. Tonight I listened to All Time Low (a guilty pleasure...fun band, rock hard, very melodic). Anyway, I was listening with ML first, admiring clarity, imaging ,etc etc. then I pulled out the Senns again...know what? Enjoyed the heck out of them. Sure, have some of that Sennheiser darkness, but rocked out like nobody's business, couldn't sit still. Still got the wide stage, details good highs, but, instead of "what an accurate, deep bass, with that pull", I FELT the bass push the music, much more fun than admiring the fine points of sound reproduction. Just me, of course, ymmv, and probably does, but that's why so many options are out there.
Still gonna play with the MLs, there might be a fun phone in there somewhere...
Just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back