The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #10,576 of 15,119
Are those mesh covered vents on the outside?

So far, one of the clearest things to me throughout my exploration into fancy IEMs is that the Westone ES5's are a great value.  Not that I don't enjoy my other IEM's, but the ES5, which I paid $975 for, including impressions, is more competent overall than everything I own except the the 334 ($1,350); these two trade blows with the 334 coming out slightly on top for me, even though I think the Westone is actually a bit more coherent at times. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #10,577 of 15,119
Yep those are mesh covered vents for the dynamic drivers I assume. The bass is just phenomenal on these :p. I know what you mean by certain IEMs being technically better in certain instances. But its not always about that in the end. Which one brings you the most enjoyment? That is what clearly matters, even from a technical standpoint :).

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #10,578 of 15,119
itisamystery.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #10,582 of 15,119
Quote:
I know what you mean by certain IEMs being technically better in certain instances. But its not always about that in the end. Which one brings you the most enjoyment? That is what clearly matters, even from a technical standpoint :).

Oh yeah, definitely.  They all have some perks for me which is why I don't mind owning all of them.  Sonics aside, I've been at a point for awhile now where I appreciate my audio things as objects and tools equally and the aesthetic appeal of the FI-BA-SS and K3003's alone makes me want to use them more often than not.  This new generation of O-device vindicated "the word of the day is placebo" kids has got nothing on me!

I was just saying that the ES5's are, in my opinion, one of the most viable things for someone who can only have one top tier IEM.  For context, I bought the ES5's back in January when owning one was actually my plan, so it's nice to know I made the right choice.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #10,584 of 15,119
This is one of the more truthful things I've seen in a while, and is what I believe is one of the root causes of society's decline. People just don't care, and it's quite sad.

As for America's financial decline, a major reason was the repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act. A key provision of that act was to separate commercial and investment banks. This meant that those on Wall Street couldn't take the money you deposited to gamble with it. The time it was in operation allowed for prosperity across all classes, space travel, and a surge in national identity. Clinton signed America away when he repealed it. Now you see all sorts of scandals popping up in every level of the banking industry, the most recent of which is the LIBOR scandal where the world's major banks who set the daily interest rates can be lobbied by friends over email. To give you an idea of the scale of this thing, LIBOR effectively sets the tone for banks EVERYWHERE that uses money.

So the way I see it, ethanol should be the least of your problems. 

Aye. But it's more than a single root cause - I don't think in any revitalization movement you can go back in history and say "this, this one day, this one event, if this had been done differently, we wouldn't be here right now." But I do agree with your argument. :)

Thought the other Yaqin was big? I'm glad my wife didn't see this one.

http://www.china-hifi-audio.com/yaqin-ms650b-845-tube-class-a-singleend-integrated-amplifier-p-488.html

Ok guys I got permission to post a photo of them. Enjoy :wink:.

Real CF or DiNoc? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #10,585 of 15,119
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. - Nietzsche.

You can only climb a mountain with a path, not chaotic freedom, the alike-thinking may have that path in mind, which voids the freedom.  The key factor is the path, not random path versus fixed path, such concepts alone are only empty shells.

For example, there's hundreds of alike-thinking subcultures.  So the concept of alike-thinking alone is pretty much void apart from the mountain caveat.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #10,587 of 15,119
obob:  I suspect Maslow would disagree with your thoughts about caring for the other guy as much as you care about yourself.  He would probably say that you can only care about the other guy AFTER your primary needs are met.  If you (or your kids) are starving, you probably aren't going to give your last grain of rice to your neighbor.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #10,588 of 15,119
With regard to learning to play the guitar - I have tried a couple of times, but it seems that my right hand has never met my left hand, and my brain seems to have only a fleeting knowledge of either of them!

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #10,589 of 15,119
Quote:
With regard to learning to play the guitar - I have tried a couple of times, but it seems that my right hand has never met my left hand, and my brain seems to have only a fleeting knowledge of either of them!

I feel the same way about basketball. I came to America and fell in love with the sport, but I can't dribble to save my life. I'm a waste of a 40-inch vertical leap...

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #10,590 of 15,119
Quote:

I feel the same way about basketball. I came to America and fell in love with the sport, but I can't dribble to save my life. I'm a waste of a 40-inch vertical leap...

I can dribble, but I can't shoot.  In school, our coach had us doing a drill where you dribble to the other end of the court, shoot a free throw, then after you make it, you pass to the next guy.  After about 10 missed shots, the coach just yelled "Next!"  I didn't make the team...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back