The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jul 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #10,562 of 15,119
One is power the other is a HP/speakers switch.

So you have to switch it between headphones and speakers? And let me guess - in the true ergonomic style of a Chinese component, the headphone/speaker switch is the one that's buried on the back, and the power switch is the easy to reach one...:rolleyes:

As the old adage goes, "if you can't beat em, join em." :p

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. - Nietzsche.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #10,563 of 15,119
So you have to switch it between headphones and speakers? And let me guess - in the true ergonomic style of a Chinese component, the headphone/speaker switch is the one that's buried on the back, and the power switch is the easy to reach one...:rolleyes:

Ayup. Brilliant, eh? :D I'm thinking about switching them around, if that's possible.

As for our economy, you're right, this hybrid system we have doesn't work. Either capitalism do or not do. Walk on road? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, get squish like grape. Economy same thing. Either you capitalism do "yes", or capitalism do "no". You capitalism do "guess so", squish just like grape (Miyagi).

I'm just glad I'm out of the workforce, I don't have to fret about that stuff anymore. Yay!

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #10,564 of 15,119
True and that is just one real scary reason why things are as bad as they are today. So many are not aware (brainwashed) and oblivious to what is going on around them. Then again "ignorance is bliss" ain't it...
rolleyes.gif

Anyways I am really really enjoying these Hybrid Custom IEMs (universal fit). Not sure when this company is gonna go live. But I can tell you now they have a killer hit on their hands. I'm gonna be one of the first to buy one for sure. It is the best sound I have heard to date from and IEM. No coherency issues period. Its very natural, effortless. Headphone like presentation. Headphone like bass....

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #10,566 of 15,119
Totally different topic:  If anyone was watching the Tour de France on Saturday, did you notice Mark Cavendish warming up for the time trial with a pair of what looked like Westones, from the UMX line? He definitely had clear monitors on properly over the ears. Quite refreshing and cool to see when most of them either wear Apple buds or Monster Beats stuff.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #10,567 of 15,119
Quote:
@lee, what would the price be? Or is that still under NDA until they go live?

They mentioned introductory price will start around $700+ and you can pay additional for a high quality cable (still cheaper than the competitors). These are meant to be full custom IEMS but it seems you can opt for Universal fits as well (which I am pleasantly surprised sound amazing). From many comments of headiers, I gather Custom IEMs tend to sound better than their Universal versions. If that is the case I am not complaining lol and makes me more eager to get them in custom form. Once they are established the price will be $1000+. I'll post more information pertaining to the company when I am permitted to. But I am excited to say the least. I didn't think the technology of Hybrid IEMs would advance so quickly and smoothly. I guess there is some merit in "having one of the very best tuners in China" working on these IEMs.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #10,568 of 15,119
Ayup. Brilliant, eh? :D I'm thinking about switching them around, if that's possible.

How brilliant indeed. Same reason the WA6 is ultimately unattractive - the switches I don't care about are right up front, and the ones I do care about are hiding around back (behind some super-heated vacuum tubes that I could easily burn my flesh on). :rolleyes:

Why are ergonomics and price/performance quality generally mutually exclusive? :mad:

As for our economy, you're right, this hybrid system we have doesn't work. Either capitalism do or not do. Walk on road? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, get squish like grape. Economy same thing. Either you capitalism do "yes", or capitalism do "no". You capitalism do "guess so", squish just like grape (Miyagi).
I'm just glad I'm out of the workforce, I don't have to fret about that stuff anymore. Yay!

That made me chuckle.

True and that is just one real scary reason why things are as bad as they are today. So many are not aware (brainwashed) and oblivious to what is going on around them. Then again "ignorance is bliss" ain't it... :rolleyes:

It's not even brainwashing in terms of deliberate malice, it's just the Western desire to float around like a butterfly and not have to be involved in the life of another living creature to any extent. Not to make it a religious argument, but if I care about the guy next to me as much as I care about myself, and he cares about the next guy, and so on, we're gonna have a pretty hard time when we want to walk into the bad part of town and rip someone off. Because at least one other guy is gonna say "no" and then the guy who's watching him will stand up, and so on, and eventually the guy next to me is gonna go "no" and it's not gonna happen. But if I stop caring about the guy next to me, it becomes pretty easy to set myself up as somehow superior (because he's a she, or old, young, smart, strong, whatever) and use that to justify taking whatever I wanted in the first place. And then we go back to Franklin.

Anyways I am really really enjoying these Hybrid Custom IEMs (universal fit). Not sure when this company is gonna go live. But I can tell you now they have a killer hit on their hands. I'm gonna be one of the first to buy one for sure. It is the best sound I have heard to date from and IEM. No coherency issues period. Its very natural, effortless. Headphone like presentation. Headphone like bass....

Okay, I'll hit that hornet's nest with a stick and stand and watch what happens:

Which headphone?

Also, I probably missed it - a hybrid of what? BA and dynamic? Or something else?

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #10,569 of 15,119
Quote:

They mentioned introductory price will start around $700+ and you can pay additional for a high quality cable (still cheaper than the competitors). These are meant to be full custom IEMS but it seems you can opt for Universal fits as well (which I am pleasantly surprised sound amazing). From many comments of headiers Custom IEMs tend to sound better than their Universal versions. If that is the case I am not complaining lol. Once they are established the price will be $1000+. I'll post more information pertaining to the company when I am permitted to. But I am excited to say the least. I didn't think the technology of Hybrid IEMs would advance so quickly and smoothly. I guess there is some merit in "having one of the very best tuners in China" working on these IEMs.

Well, I should've guessed they're way past my even starve-and-eat-dirt budget when you said you put a hold on your purchase of the AKG K3003 in that 'what headphone you're rocking' thread.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #10,570 of 15,119
Quote:
Well, I should've guessed they're way past my even starve-and-eat-dirt budget when you said you put a hold on your purchase of the AKG K3003 in that 'what headphone you're rocking' thread.

lol they are cheaper than the AKGs and better IMO. So it may not be far fetched and within your budget :). I'm still looking forward to demoing the IE800s though and see how they could compete. The AKGs go for around $1,300.00 these will start at just a bit more than half that price. Still the AKGs are amazing in their own right. But I'm glad there are better options out there for less IMO :). I'll talk to the owner and see if he would mind me posting some pics of the IEM to give you guys a better picture of what it looks like.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #10,571 of 15,119
Quote:
<snip>  

Wow! Sounds really interesting. I, on the other hand, am really enjoying the ASG-1s. Coming from the GR07, the bass on these things hit my idea of good quantity + detail. I like the mids colouration too. It sounds like the mids are separated from the rest of the frequencies. I have been enjoying them with metal, classical and jazz.

Fit is frustrating at first, and I really don't like the memory wire around the ears, but I'm hoping to get used to them. The ASG-1s aren't for everybody, but they're still a solid IEM. Hopefully I can upgrade them to the ASG-2s when the time comes. Currently at 10+ hours of playtime.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #10,572 of 15,119
Quote:
It's not even brainwashing in terms of deliberate malice, it's just the Western desire to float around like a butterfly and not have to be involved in the life of another living creature to any extent. Not to make it a religious argument, but if I care about the guy next to me as much as I care about myself, and he cares about the next guy, and so on, we're gonna have a pretty hard time when we want to walk into the bad part of town and rip someone off. Because at least one other guy is gonna say "no" and then the guy who's watching him will stand up, and so on, and eventually the guy next to me is gonna go "no" and it's not gonna happen. But if I stop caring about the guy next to me, it becomes pretty easy to set myself up as somehow superior (because he's a she, or old, young, smart, strong, whatever) and use that to justify taking whatever I wanted in the first place. And then we go back to Franklin.

This is one of the more truthful things I've seen in a while, and is what I believe is one of the root causes of society's decline. People just don't care, and it's quite sad.

As for America's financial decline, a major reason was the repeal of the Glass-Steagal Act. A key provision of that act was to separate commercial and investment banks. This meant that those on Wall Street couldn't take the money you deposited to gamble with it. The time it was in operation allowed for prosperity across all classes, space travel, and a surge in national identity. Clinton signed America away when he repealed it. Now you see all sorts of scandals popping up in every level of the banking industry, the most recent of which is the LIBOR scandal where the world's major banks who set the daily interest rates can be lobbied by friends over email. To give you an idea of the scale of this thing, LIBOR effectively sets the tone for banks EVERYWHERE that uses money.

So the way I see it, ethanol should be the least of your problems. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #10,573 of 15,119
How brilliant indeed. Same reason the WA6 is ultimately unattractive - the switches I don't care about are right up front, and the ones I do care about are hiding around back (behind some super-heated vacuum tubes that I could easily burn my flesh on). :rolleyes:

Why are ergonomics and price/performance quality generally mutually exclusive? :mad:

Thought the other Yaqin was big? I'm glad my wife didn't see this one.

http://www.china-hifi-audio.com/yaqin-ms650b-845-tube-class-a-singleend-integrated-amplifier-p-488.html

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #10,574 of 15,119
Totally different topic:  If anyone was watching the Tour de France on Saturday, did you notice Mark Cavendish warming up for the time trial with a pair of what looked like Westones, from the UMX line? He definitely had clear monitors on properly over the ears. Quite refreshing and cool to see when most of them either wear Apple buds or Monster Beats stuff.

Nope. Didn't see that. Did see somebody -- can't now recall who -- wearing what looked like Miles Davis Tributes in his ears tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back