The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #12,662 of 21,761
Quote:

A few months?!  Is it going to take that long for the DX50 to come out?  I've so got my heart set on it right now... truly not happy about waiting.  Still, in my case, I'm gonna wait.

Also, http://www.head-fi.org/t/664938/worst-date-stories

Nobody knows for sure what the release date will be. A lot of people on the forums are running around saying soon while others who have been known to have the inside track are saying it's still months away. My money right now says it wont be on the market until well after the summer. That's just my gut instinct though, hopefully it's a lot sooner. I just wish i knew more about the amp section and wish there was some video somewhere showing the OS in action.

Quote:

So, I've been offered a good price to buy the FiiO X3, i.e. none of the crazy local markups, so it's on par with the Chinese domestic price. Thumbs up, thumbs down?
I'm really afraid that I'll get buyers remorse, only to lust after the DX50 in a few months...

I say go for it. If you do develop buyers remorse considering you're getting it at a good price and there's so many Fiio fans on here you should be able to move it along with minimal loss. That little DAP would also make a awesome little review for CYMBA

May 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #12,663 of 21,761
I keep forgetting to ask, hey MF, hey mosshorn, are you guys planning on grabbbing Black Sabbaths 13 album next month? Personally, I'm rather excited on my.

May 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #12,664 of 21,761
Quote:
Well, I guess. But that's the thing. From what I understand, say I installed a game (which I think is needed for whatever reason) and you borrow the disc, you have to install it too but also "buy" it, defeating the purpose of borrowing it in the first place.

... yes, I know?  It's not borrowing at all, though, if both parties have the game at the same time because they both copied it to their hard drives.

I'll try and break this down better...

Back In The Day

I have game

you don't

I give you game

I don't have it anymore

you do.

I have game

I sell game to Gamestop

I don't have game anymore

they do

Now (in the hypothetical scenario wherein games have to be installed for some reason)

I have game

game's on hard drvie

I give you game

game's on your hard drive

game's on my hard drive

game could be on anyone else's hard drive.

I have game

game's on hard drvie

I sell game

they have game

game's on my hard drive...

^ Do you understand why this warrants some kind of registration?  Now personally, as I said before, I think the solution is to simply not allow you to install the game on your hard drive from a disc, only downloaded content, BUT, if the games can't be played well off the disc for whatever reason then you need something like this in place.  And, again, I don't think it's likely that the games are bottlenecked by the disc drive, but was merely presenting a scenario wherein game registration is necessary since you shouldn't be able to keep a game you give away or sell to GameStop.

May 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #12,665 of 21,761
Quote:
The black ones, since I don't have a MA450i wink wink.

LOL! 
biggrin.gif
  Trust me mate, after that massive 5-parter, I don't think you'll have any problems getting an MA450i.  One simple email to you-know-who should do it. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
A few months?!  Is it going to take that long for the DX50 to come out?  I've so got my heart set on it right now... truly not happy about waiting.  Still, in my case, I'm gonna wait.

Nobody knows for sure what the release date will be. A lot of people on the forums are running around saying soon while others who have been known to have the inside track are saying it's still months away. My money right now says it wont be on the market until well after the summer. That's just my gut instinct though, hopefully it's a lot sooner. I just wish i knew more about the amp section and wish there was some video somewhere showing the OS in action.

confused.gif
mad.gif
confused_face(1).gif
frown.gif
  I have never wanted a piece of source gear as badly as I want this.  And I'm usually a very patient dude... but something about the DX50 produces a longing from deep within my loins.  I WANT IT NOW! 
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #12,667 of 21,761
... yes, I know?  It's not borrowing at all, though, if both parties have the game at the same time because they both copied it to their hard drives.

^ Do you understand why this warrants some kind of registration?  Now personally, as I said before, I think the solution is to simply not allow you to install the game on your hard drive from a disc, only downloaded content, BUT, if the games can't be played well off the disc for whatever reason then you need something like this in place.  And, again, I don't think it's likely that the games are bottlenecked by the disc drive, but was merely presenting a scenario wherein game registration is necessary since you shouldn't be able to keep a game you give away or sell to GameStop.

You could drop the condescending talking-to-a-git tone, for one. It's fine, really. Read about it more on Eurogamer. Sorry for wasting your time responding to a git.

May 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #12,668 of 21,761
Errmmm... what's "git"?!?

Anyway, Xbox One? Yeahh... NEEEEXT! :wink:
PS4 for me probably!
Either way, Sony should be all smiles... new consoles, doing Ok with their new headphones AND cellphones and now Microsoft had to reach a licensing deal with the BDA to use the BluRay?!? LOL No Wonder Sony stock went up...

May 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #12,669 of 21,761
I don't get the ire over the xbox one. It seems like a perfectly capable console..look at the COD: Ghost and FIFA demos they showed. The specs are pretty much a wash, with the exception of the PS4's slightly faster memory that I doubt will make a very perceptible difference. People don't even know what the PS4 actually looks like yet.

E3 is just around the corner. I'd prefer if people held back the criticism until then.

May 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #12,670 of 21,761
People don't like change and a loss of control, be it perceived or actual?

As much as I want to see the actual console too, as a symbol of all that is holy and Sony, it doesn't really matter, I don't think. I can't imagine they would make is so ugly as to turn people to stone at first sight.

In the end any spec differences will be marginal at best. Personally, I think it's more of a personal identity thing, i.e. are you a Sony or a Microsoft kind of guy or girl?

May 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #12,671 of 21,761
Someone mentioned the album Random Access Memories earlier this thread. That album is pretty darn slick. Two songs in and I wanted to light up the fireplace and grab a glass of cognac in my retrofuturistic apartment. Then maybe take a 3AM ride in my Lamborghini Countach.

May 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #12,672 of 21,761
I don't get the ire over the xbox one. It seems like a perfectly capable console..look at the COD: Ghost and FIFA demos they showed. The specs are pretty much a wash, with the exception of the PS4's slightly faster memory that I doubt will make a very perceptible difference. People don't even know what the PS4 actually looks like yet.

E3 is just around the corner. I'd prefer if people held back the criticism until then.

Ghosts looked pretty bad compared to KZ Shadow Fall. It's also been confirmed that EA used prerendered videos for their sizzle reel, so none of that was indicative of real time graphics. Smacks of Sony's E3 conference back in '05 all over again with the bait and switch "target performance" videos. Digital Foundry and Anandtech also weighed in on the hardware and it's clear that there's a noticeable gap in performance (33% more powerful GPU on 4), one that will continue to become more prevalent once Sony's first party leverages the 4's hardware. XOne seems to be pretty anti-indies/anti consumer at the moment too so... It's easy to see where the ire stems from

I thought the conference was awful myself, but they still have E3 to crawl back from the brink, so we'll see what happens

Someone mentioned the album Random Access Memories earlier this thread. That album is pretty darn slick. Two songs in and I wanted to light up the fireplace and grab a glass of cognac in my retrofuturistic apartment. Then maybe take a 3AM ride in my Lamborghini Countach.

I am really diggin RAM. Have had Instant Crush and Within stuck in my head all day. Also, "My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio."

Bad. Ass.

May 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #12,674 of 21,761
Silent steps or no, the steps you just took speaks volumes. You're much appreciated around S.O.; knew you meant well. May you temporarily leave in peace to refresh, and return in peace. But with more of your contributions still to come. 

Hope driver 8 receives you well.

May 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #12,675 of 21,761
I'm pretty much "pro-Sony" (whatever that means) but it is just because of the games (not the hardware, although the PS3 is my main Blu player...). The Xbox social implementation is built pretty well though, so is the store, their interface, etc. But I'm more of an anti-social... LOL (I don't really play a lot of FPS and online-enabled games). This is why I value the current PS3 more. I have games like Uncharted, God of War, etc. which I pretty much appreciate already. Plus access to games like Journey, Flower, and other "indies" plus "interactive stories" like Heavy Rain and the upcoming Beyond Two Souls. Hopefully PS4 will continue the trend... but we'll see..

Oh, and Daft Punk's new CD... not sure yet. I think it will be one of those CDs that I will have to listen to a few times to fully appreciate it. Well made though... (sounds excellent!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back