The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #12,677 of 21,761
Quote:
Ghosts looked pretty bad compared to KZ Shadow Fall. It's also been confirmed that EA used prerendered videos for their sizzle reel, so none of that was indicative of real time graphics. Smacks of Sony's E3 conference back in '05 all over again with the bait and switch "target performance" videos. Digital Foundry and Anandtech also weighed in on the hardware and it's clear that there's a noticeable gap in performance (33% more powerful GPU on 4), one that will continue to become more prevalent once Sony's first party leverages the 4's hardware. XOne seems to be pretty anti-indies/anti consumer at the moment too so... It's easy to see where the ire stems from

I thought the conference was awful myself, but they still have E3 to crawl back from the brink, so we'll see what happens

Hmm. I didn't get all that from the conference. 

Yes, the PS4's gpu is decidedly better. However, the xone is only a little less powerful than nvidia's last single gpu flagship, and a hell of a lot better than this expiring console generation.

I guess it will be up to the developers to make use of the PS4's extra tflops. However, I doubt that extra processing power will give it an advantage over the xone, given that they share the same graphics memory size. They'd need at least 2 gb (educated guess) more memory to accommodate the extra textures, tessellation, etc that the ps4's gpu could handle. JM2C. i don't game on consoles, so I really don't have a horse in the race.

May 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #12,679 of 21,761
Giorgio is a sick sick track. He sounds just like a neighbor who is a musician.

I half expect every next song to drop an intense beat but they keep it smooth as silk. Then when I've given up hope, Contact.

May 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #12,680 of 21,761
Life is quite depressing when you look at its negative aspects such as a majority of the people judging. But then you realize that they're blind to acceptance and have not seen the light. Been feeling lost quite a bit lately. Wish I could do some things over. Most of this year has been wasted away by stress. Looks like earth's at its environmental tipping point. And it looks like it will be tipped. But your average person worries about having food on the table, so what does it matter to them if they have to cut trees and drive to work. And the greed in which countries will sacrifice the environment for greater economic status such as China. But that's the world. The only thing you can control is what is within you. 

May 22, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #12,681 of 21,761
Quote:
Look. I'm sorry. To the whole thread. I'm sorry especially to driver. For flipping out like that.

I'm going to take a few days break as I feel that's needed.

Sorry, I was kind of an ass in that post.  I've been really irritable lately for reasons and get more so when I feel as though people aren't actually reading my posts.

Please don't leave on account of me :/

About the Xbox: Meh.  I was thinking of just going Wii U/PC + portables this gen anyways.  Microsoft was actually pretty shiesty last gen, though, and if I needed one of these new things I might just get the PS4 due to that alone.  I'd miss Halo, though.

May 22, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #12,683 of 21,761
Quote:
Life is quite depressing when you look at its negative aspects such as a majority of the people judging. But then you realize that they're blind to acceptance and have not seen the light. Been feeling lost quite a bit lately. Wish I could do some things over. Most of this year has been wasted away by stress. Looks like earth's at its environmental tipping point. And it looks like it will be tipped. But your average person worries about having food on the table, so what does it matter to them if they have to cut trees and drive to work. And the greed in which countries will sacrifice the environment for greater economic status such as China. But that's the world. The only thing you can control is what is within you. 

Not to put too fine a point on this but the Chinese did not invent the internal combustion engine, coal fired generation plants, clearcutting or stripmining. They are merely the current worst offenders.

But they have a lot of catching up to do to come anywhere near the damage the west has done since the industrial revolution.

Two things, the whole environmental tipping point issue is a human contrived arrogance, Environmentally the Earth will continue on long after Humans have joined the 99.9 percent of animal life that has inhabited Earth and become extinct. This tipping point conceit is all about us thinking we have some inalienable right to the planet or life itself. We dont.
Second, sleep easy. If there was actually a tipping point it was reached on quite another level and the "green" issues being pandered to had about as much effect as ITT did on the outcome of the second world war.

Best to hope we can "science" our way out of this (whatever this is) conservation is not and never was, an option.

May 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #12,684 of 21,761
Quote:
Environmentally the Earth will continue on long after Humans have joined the 99.9 percent of animal life that has inhabited Earth and become extinct. This tipping point conceit is all about us thinking we have some inalienable right to the planet or life itself. We dont.

Um, After Earth much? 
tongue.gif

May 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #12,685 of 21,761
Quote:
Two things, the whole environmental tipping point issue is a human contrived arrogance, Environmentally the Earth will continue on long after Humans have joined the 99.9 percent of animal life that has inhabited Earth and become extinct. This tipping point conceit is all about us thinking we have some inalienable right to the planet or life itself. We dont.
Second, sleep easy. If there was actually a tipping point it was reached on quite another level and the "green" issues being pandered to had about as much effect as ITT did on the outcome of the second world war.

Best to hope we can "science" our way out of this (whatever this is) conservation is not and never was, an option.

What about the razing of the Amazonian rain forests? It's no wonder the carbon dioxide levels are rising when humans are destroying all the carbon-breathing life-forms......even where I live, which was primarily a rural area when I was a kid, more and more of what used to be grassy  fields and forests are being cleared and built on.

May 22, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #12,688 of 21,761
Quote:
What about the razing of the Amazonian rain forests? It's no wonder the carbon dioxide levels are rising when humans are destroying all the carbon-breathing life-forms......even where I live, which was primarily a rural area when I was a kid, more and more of what used to be grassy  fields and forests are being cleared and built on.

You're pretty close with this. (BTW The rain forests fall under clearcutting)

We can actually scrub c0 andc02 about as effectively as any other organism on earth. Cost and motivation prevents us from doing so.

May 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #12,689 of 21,761
May 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #12,690 of 21,761

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With a bit of I Am Legend thrown in...
biggrin.gif

I would agree as I liked that film (3rd or 4th remake though it was) with the exception of missing or diluting the one of the major plot points. See the Vincent Price version "Last Man On Earth" for the real treat ment.

I am a little leary on After Earth as Shamalyan went a little overly (hostel type)morbid for a while there and there are a lot of people named Smith in the credits.
confused_face_2.gif

I'm willing to help as much as the next guy.  But if it involves me giving up my headphones, they can have them when they pry them from my cold dead ears.

Thats sorta how I feel about my ER4S's........after almost 20 years.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back