The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Mar 22, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #8,611 of 21,761
veyrongatti... sounds like a certain car company with their certain car model 
blink.gif
i created the profile when that certain car was the worlds fastest production model :wink: I cant change it now.....

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #8,615 of 21,761
Tonight I can't seem to make up my mind between gear. I find myself going back and fourth between my M-100, K240, Q701 and 4A's. I'm also ripping some new CD's onto my HDD so I'm guessing the new music might have something to do with why I'm so all over the place. In between all the experimentation and ripping I got a email from ALO Audio concerning my knobless amp. Tomorrow they're shipping out a new replacement amp along with a return label so I can send my knobless amp back with no shipping charges on my end. I was expecting a couple of 5 cent knobs and a crappy 2 cent alan wrench and instead I'm getting a brand spanking new amp. Nifty!!!!!! Thanks ALO

Check out the new quasi unboxing showing off the headphone video. MF you especially have to watch this video because i know you just love unboxing videos
wink_face.gif
. As you can see it was filmed one bleary eyed morning cafe side while I was waiting for my bus. The other patrons around me looked quite shocked when during the middle of filming I began yelling at the top of my lungs "YEAH BABY SHOW THE CAMERA SOME LOVE....YOU'RE A LION BABY ROAR FOR ME". Ahhh well, you have to be a head-fier to appreciate the finer points of audio geekdom. I've added audio but as always it takes awhile for the changes to take effect so please be patient.

Excuse me, I have to return to the Greatest Hits By Pantera. The Cd sounds pretty good on the the 4A

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #8,616 of 21,761
LOL @ DF's vid!!!

BTW, for those of you who enjoy have shied away from civet coffee, maybe you can try panda tea instead.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #8,618 of 21,761
FAD Heaven VI are in.

http://i.imgur.com/Qj0WUEC.jpg

Me gusta 

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #8,619 of 21,761
Weiss MAN301 first impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600088/an-audiophile-and-petrolheads-musings-so-when-does-a-person-need-an-intervention/2295#post_9282250

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #8,621 of 21,761
I myself just ordered one of them newfangled RE-400 thingies with those filters for the Heaven C. Incidentally I washed my hands of the kerfuffle by giving the seller a neg.

Three things I learnt from the experience:

1. Using negative feedback as a threat to get more from a deal is against the trade forum rules. I imagine that's more about extortion rather than trying to get the seller to correct a mistake. I feel that asking a seller to pay for a set brand new filters because the trade deal agreed upon presumably included filters in good condition falls into a grey area. I've given up on that avenue though.

2. Posting negative feedback in retaliation for negative feedback is against the trade forum rules, though I imagine it might be hard to verify if the feedback is retaliatory or truthful. It might be your word with the mod against theirs, though having prior positive feedback must be helpful.

3. I'm never conducting a trade with a member with no feedback again unless I can see and touch and feel and taste their face. In that order.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #8,622 of 21,761
Tonight I can't seem to make up my mind between gear. I find myself going back and fourth between my M-100, K240, Q701 and 4A's. I'm also ripping some new CD's onto my HDD so I'm guessing the new music might have something to do with why I'm so all over the place. In between all the experimentation and ripping I got a email from ALO Audio concerning my knobless amp. Tomorrow they're shipping out a new replacement amp along with a return label so I can send my knobless amp back with no shipping charges on my end. I was expecting a couple of 5 cent knobs and a crappy 2 cent alan wrench and instead I'm getting a brand spanking new amp. Nifty!!!!!! Thanks ALO
[rule]Check out the new quasi unboxing showing off the headphone video. MF you especially have to watch this video because i know you just love unboxing videos :wink_face: . As you can see it was filmed one bleary eyed morning cafe side while I was waiting for my bus. The other patrons around me looked quite shocked when during the middle of filming I began yelling at the top of my lungs "YEAH BABY SHOW THE CAMERA SOME LOVE....YOU'RE A LION BABY ROAR FOR ME". Ahhh well, you have to be a head-fier to appreciate the finer points of audio geekdom. I've added audio but as always it takes awhile for the changes to take effect so please be patient.

Excuse me, I have to return to the Greatest Hits By Pantera. The Cd sounds pretty good on the the 4A

Love the video, but I was expecting some kinky music. Unless that is kinky. :p
DF I'll be honest here and say that maybe you should invest in some iPhone 5 case-tripod w/ at least a table tripod. IMO it'll 1) free your hands for a better use; 2) make use of the HQ video capture better without all the shaking around.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #8,623 of 21,761
Interesting, it's getting harder and harder to keep up in the IEM world

With all these UCIEM in the market when can I pay the premium price just to have artwork on a UCIEM? With a reshelling service later down the road if when I want a custom fit for it. I feel like that's a niche worth some investigation in.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #8,624 of 21,761
Quote:
Interesting, it's getting harder and harder to keep up in the IEM world

Isn't that a former employee of Tralucent Audio basically taking their R&D and trying to undercut them? Or am I totally off-base in my understanding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back